Your favourite player off all time/Teams to watch

Paulie Gualtieri

Previously Shrimp
Reaction score
Thought it might be interesting to see who you lads consider your favourite player off all time and teams to watch over the years, can be any team any era

1. Watching rugby league - 2006 to current

2. Favourite rugby league player of all time - Steve Matai

3. Favourite teams to watch - Bulldogs in 06 with that pack and really enjoyed watching Manly through 2007 - 2013 with that aggressive style in defence

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Growing up it was Brett Mullins and the Canberra Raiders team of the 90s..

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
For me it was Terry Lamb, because of the way he played the game. Baa could play in any era and he would still have the same affect on a team and on the results of a game!

My favorite team, Dogs of 95.... If we had kept that team together we could have gone back to back, maybe three-peat.... also the donkeys and raiders had a $10 million cap back then and we still smashed both of them, and ofcourse after been flogged by manly I think it was something like 40-0, we smashed them in the GF and they could not score a try even with baa in the bin for 10 minutes....

Ps... rugby league changed some rules due to the Bulldogs taking advantage of them to the fullest over the last few decades, but they did take a rule and use it after we invented it in the 95 GF "The 7 tackle rule"....

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
For me it was Terry Lamb, because of the way he played the game. Baa could play in any era and he would still have the same affect on a team and on the results of a game!

My favorite team, Dogs of 95.... If we had kept that team together we could have gone back to back, maybe three-peat.... also the donkeys and raiders had a $10 million cap back then and we still smashed both of them, and ofcourse after been flogged by manly I think it was something like 40-0, we smashed them in the GF and they could not score a try even with baa in the bin for 10 minutes....

Ps... rugby league changed some rules due to the Bulldogs taking advantage of them to the fullest over the last few decades, but they did take a rule and use it after we invented it in the 95 GF "The 7 tackle rule"....
Manly beat us 26-0 earlier in the season, and Canberra beat us 36-12 the previous year in the GF. Odds were against us. We prevailed.

Also in the 95 GF, Matt Ryan have a fair and square try disallowed!

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
1. Watching rugby league - Since 1985

2. Favourite rugby league player of all time - I was too young to fully appreciate the player but Steve Mortimer was magic... criminally underrated by pundits and rival fans now

3. Favourite teams to watch - 1995 Bulldogs' run to the finals, beating the Dragons, Broncos and Raiders on the way in the finals, and then disposing of a Sea Eagles team that had only lost 2 games all season in the GF... all the talking heads keep harping on now that you cannot win the comp outside of the top 4... rubbish... we already did in '95 from 6th place with the current finals format

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Also in the 95 GF, Matt Ryan have a fair and square try disallowed!
people complain that the Steve Price try in the 1995 GF came from a Dymock forward pass (seriously, find the definitive angle of that if you can and don't just go off Ray Warren's commentary) and the 7 tackle try to Glen Hughes in trying to diminish the Dogs' triumph that year but forget that the Sea Eagles were kept tryless (even with Lamb in the bin) and Matt Ryan had a fair try disallowed for an imaginary knock on

Wahesh

Reaction score
people complain that the Steve Price try in the 1995 GF came from a Dymock forward pass (seriously, find the definitive angle of that if you can and don't just go off Ray Warren's commentary) and the 7 tackle try to Glen Hughes in trying to diminish the Dogs' triumph that year but forget that the Sea Eagles were kept tryless (even with Lamb in the bin) and Matt Ryan had a fair try disallowed for an imaginary knock on
The Price try did come off a forward pass and the Glen Hughes try shouldn't have been allowed, and if the shoe were on the other foot, we'd complain. But yes Matt Ryan did have a fair try disallowed, and our defense was like a brick wall. The better team won on the day.

Grunthos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hazem El Masri.
He was, is and will be forevermore, "FULLY SICK!"

Enjoy the greatness.

Last edited:

Wahesh

Reaction score
Hazem El Masri.
He was, is and will be forevermore, "FULLY SICK!"

Enjoy the greatness.
In that 20+ minute video, do they show the try he scored against Northern Eagles in 2001? Braith Anasta intercepts a pass, links up with Vagana who immediately passes back to him, then kicks, El Masri scoops it up and scores?

Wahesh

Reaction score
1. Watching rugby league - as far back as I can remember - likely late 80s/early 90s

2. Favourite rugby league player of all time - Terry Lamb (plenty of others are close behind him though)

3. Favourite teams to watch - Raiders 1994, Bulldogs 1995, 2004, 2012

Grunthos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
In that 20+ minute video, do they show the try he scored against Northern Eagles in 2001? Braith Anasta intercepts a pass, links up with Vagana who immediately passes back to him, then kicks, El Masri scoops it up and scores?
Probably :grinning:

Dannyboi88

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
our 01-2006 team was unbelievable although 05 wasn’t the best our 2004 team were fucking savages I remember towelling everyone that yeah flogged the knights with Joey in the team and that gf was still one of my favourite games

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
our 01-2006 team was unbelievable although 05 wasn’t the best our 2004 team were fucking savages I remember towelling everyone that yeah flogged the knights with Joey in the team and that gf was still one of my favourite games
Andrew Ryan's, tackle/ankle tap at the end of the game, awesome!

adamsapple

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
We never flogged the knights with joey he was injured for the whole year

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Past - El Magic

Present - Xerri
- Fifita
- teddy
-Cotric

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
El magic for the man he is on and off the field.95 dogs best team hands down for me

James zac

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Terry lamb and the 1988 bulldogs great team special mentions mick potter Steve O’Brien Steve folkes and find memories as a kid Ross conlon great kicker

jasonsmith11

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
best player of all time hands down sonny bill williams, and team i think our team around 2012-14 players like hodko reynolds ennis graham pritchard and getting mid season signings like inu and perrett we were always on prime time tv i think that era was better than 06 dogs but not 04 dogs