Humble Pie

Dannyboi88

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If we can keep Foran on the paddock we could have been a force in season past and again next year he is a tough bugger his body just lets him down

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
This is the sort of humble pie i love eating tbh.

Something seems to have fundamentally changed but we really need to maintain this next year and carry this forward.

Hopefully we also are able to tune our attack into something that is decent

ddt192

The Blue N White Butcher Stripe
Reaction score
https://www.nrl.com/stats/

Bulldogs #1 in Set Completions
Bulldogs #1 in Offloads
Bulldogs #2 in All Runs
Bulldogs #3 in Total Kicks
Bulldogs #4 in Total Kick Metres
Bulldogs #4 in All Receipts (we're moving the ball more than most teams)
Bulldogs #4 in Tackles
Bulldogs #4 in Intercepts

Somehow we're #2 in missed tackles and #3 in ineffective tackles. I expect that's mostly from the shit we served up at the start of the year. Our tackling is the best in the league now.

So we get through our sets which gets us metres, we run heaps cause we get through our sets, we kick heaps and we get lots of metres from our kicks, and we move the ball a lot and make lots of tackles and intercepts. Basically we're a solid fucking team
Those are some great fucking stats

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Let's just see how we start next year before we put everyone on a pedestal.

Not being negative, only realistic, a few good games doesn't erase the start to the season and won't cover a bad start to next year.
That's right. The team has proven what they can do and can match it with any team. Therefore should we not be in the top eight come round 10 next year then our coach can't get the best out of the team for the whole season, he has to go imo.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I...like a lot of other kennel members..let’s be honest..we’re calling for Pay head and mass sackings..even Jackson!?
Now we are flying..knocking top eight teams down like ten pins
What has changed?
Is it the recruitment of DWZ?
Is it Foran and Lewis coming back?
Is it Pay changing the game plan?
Is it JMK learning the no 9 ?
I know one thing we need to start in 2020 where finish off this year
The mongrel is back
These lucky wins will mean nothing if we don’t make the 8. Missing out on the is still missing out on the 8 and dean gay should still get the sack.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
https://www.nrl.com/stats/

Bulldogs #1 in Set Completions
Bulldogs #1 in Offloads
Bulldogs #2 in All Runs
Bulldogs #3 in Total Kicks
Bulldogs #4 in Total Kick Metres
Bulldogs #4 in All Receipts (we're moving the ball more than most teams)
Bulldogs #4 in Tackles
Bulldogs #4 in Intercepts

Somehow we're #2 in missed tackles and #3 in ineffective tackles. I expect that's mostly from the shit we served up at the start of the year. Our tackling is the best in the league now.

So we get through our sets which gets us metres, we run heaps cause we get through our sets, we kick heaps and we get lots of metres from our kicks, and we move the ball a lot and make lots of tackles and intercepts. Basically we're a solid fucking team
Good stats still not in the 8 lol.

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Dwz was the reason and not Pay, pay still can't select right team and make proper use of the bench. We still can hardly score a try. .

But since Dwz has come, he has led from the back and created a higher level of play which the other players have bought into...

And our defense has grown another set of legs, unless Pay has a magic wand, he had nothing to do with it either. Otherwise we should have been playing like this since rd 1...

No humble pie whatsoever from here.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I...like a lot of other kennel members..let’s be honest..we’re calling for Pay head and mass sackings..even Jackson!?
Now we are flying..knocking top eight teams down like ten pins
What has changed?
Is it the recruitment of DWZ?
Is it Foran and Lewis coming back?
Is it Pay changing the game plan?
Is it JMK learning the no 9 ?
I know one thing we need to start in 2020 where finish off this year
The mongrel is back
Good on you for putting your hand up mate. I'm normally one of the more positive posters on here I think, but I was starting to lose faith at one point. But we have shown enough to suggest we are on our way back to the top.