Bulldogs Top 8 Rehash Update and Chances

Can bulldogs make the 8

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

djdeep4172

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The key is parramatta beat broncos on Friday with Ferguson back,
That makes our game vs broncos playoff for 8th.

We need to smash cowboys as we have a difference of -70 against Penrith are u with me,Penrith play easts away who if they do a number can then make us leap frog Penrith if on equal points with a better for and against,
Newcastle are finished won’t win again,dragons after their embarrassment to bounce back at home vs tigers and Cronulla to beat tigers last round,
At best Newcastle will beat titans but can also lose it they won’t beat Penrith .
Any believers out there?
Who thinks we can do this?

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well technically they can but they won’t.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Can = Yes
Will = No

You don't really need a poll. It isn't a Yes or No answer if using the word 'can'.

djdeep4172

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So if we win against the cowboys 70-0 we're in?

Put away the calculator,enjoy the last few games of the season and see what happens.
The difference between dogs and Penrith is 71,we beat cowboys by say 30 and roosters beat Penrith by 41 or more,our win against cowboys and Penriths loss v easts has to equal 72

zappa

Punk in Drublic
Reaction score
Love your optimism but hoping to beat the Cowgirls by 30+ on the road is an ask when we struggle to score 20 in total in any game.
Just enjoy it mate, anything from here is a bonus for mine.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Yeah we're an effort team winning the grind. We need to bring in 2-3 marquee/star players to start blowing away teams (that aren't outliers).

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
If our FA was in the positive I would of said yes.

But we will win our last 2 games.

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I just want them to keep wining. Enjoying watching them play so much. If they make 8 big plus especially for my wallet if not nice effort. I think they will concede very little points in next couple of games but score plenty of tries.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
+/- has killed us.. let’s be honest. If not for that it would be very exciting and we would be a big chance right now.!!

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Plenty of doubters out there... We just need the knights to lose one, Panthers, Tigers and Brisbane to lose the rest of their games and we win the next 2... That takes F/A out of it, doesn't it?

Panthers - Roosters and Knights... Both losable.
Broncos - Eels and Dogs.. Both losable
Tigers - Dragons on a Sunday arvo away and Sharks... Both losable.

I reckon our stumbling block will be the Knights who play the titans. We need the Titans to win and need the knights to beat the Panthers.

Really unfortunate nobody really plays any top of the top teams in this race.

Delta

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Our chances have increased this weekend. Our plan A was scrapped, but next week, for the time being, the only difficult result we need coming our way is titans beating the knights... and that looks more likely after last night and extremely likely now with the titans putting on a fight...

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Our chances have increased this weekend. Our plan A was scrapped, but next week, for the time being, the only difficult result we need coming our way is titans beating the knights... and that looks more likely after last night and extremely likely now with the titans putting on a fight...
However the Tigers also hit form and the Dragons are cooked. There’s just too many results that have to go our way with no margin for error we aren’t making the 8.

Squash the Berries!

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Have I been sucked into a black hole and come out into a another universe?

Just thought I would pop in and what do I find?

1) The Dogs are a chance of making the 8.
2) Posters now calling for Pay to be coach until end of 2021.
3) Andersons being called saviours.
4) Meaney the best attacking weapon we’ve had in years.
5) Posters want to extend Foran, Hopate, JMK & Holland contracts.
6) Elliot, Tolman, Napa & C Smith being praised.
7) Jackson outstanding leadership lauded.
8) Unsuccessful attempted takeover of the Kennel, WTF?

Hopefully next time I “hit and run” we have won the 2019 grand final.

To everyone who said the Kennel was like a drug once tasted you always want more, you were right!

kaluah8123

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Titans weren’t blown off the park by the Storm today so I have faith in that result happening

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
As much as I don’t want to say it, we won’t win any of our remaining games

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I'm more confident in the Titans beating Knights than I am the Dragons beating the Tigers.

But if there's one thing I've seen this year is form means nothing and when teams have had the chance to cement a spot, they haven't. 1 week the Knights win by 40, and week 2 they lose by 40.

Bluebody

The Strategist
Reaction score
I really want us to beat the Broncos - they mopped the floor with us last game and redemption to end the season will be extra sweet!

2ndphase

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The difference between dogs and Penrith is 71,we beat cowboys by say 30 and roosters beat Penrith by 41 or more,our win against cowboys and Penriths loss v easts has to equal 72
Dont you mean the Roosters beat Penrith by 69 and Bulldogs beat Cowboys by 2.
We are a defensive team we cant score points.i would of gone Roosters by 70 but the Bulldogs cant kick field goals..