Napa or Klemmer?

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I never wholeheartedly liked Klemmer ever since he was a smart arse to Graham playing opposite him in a match.. I don't recall the match but klemmer rubbed Grahams head after Graham made an error.

I think Klemmer carries that arrogance with him and that's holding him back from improving his game.

Napa is dopey but appreciates the position he holds , he also has a better attitude to learning so He"ll be more valuable as time goes by

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I never wholeheartedly liked Klemmer ever since he was a smart arse to Graham playing opposite him in a match.. I don't recall the match but klemmer rubbed Grahams head after Graham made an error.

I think Klemmer carries that arrogance with him and that's holding him back from improving his game.

Napa is dopey but appreciates the position he holds , he also has a better attitude to learning so He"ll be more valuable as time goes by
That was Australia vs England.

I think Aussie scored and Klemmer ran past James and rubbed his head. James looked pissed lol

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Klemmer is a great example of why no club should pay up to $1M for a prop. Even if their stats are good they won’t win you a premiership.
Klemmer definitely doesn’t do much but pad his own stats. He doesn’t have the ability to break a game open like Haas or Fifita with tackle busts and offloads

Chrisaaar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
They're completely different / opposite players. Klemmer has great leg drive. His only real advantage is getting you up the field. No attacking threat though whatsoever and I always thought he tackled like a pussy actually - never dominant in any way which I always thought was a waste considering his size. Guys much smaller than him can hammer. While Napa isn't as effective in gaining metres he has more ability to offload and he's better in defence just for the fact he hits harder. I know he misses sometimes but when he pulls off a good one it's another highlight and great to watch. Klemmer's boring. We really need a big body / decent hitter like Napa when we take on big forward packs like the Rabbits and Broncos.
Agreed. Klemmer rarely uses his size to initimidate.

Can't picture him doing the hit napa did on brown in the first half against the eels.

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Napa has made some ground on Klemmer recently but Klemmer still ahead for the season. Neither has been sensational at any time

I think those two would have made a great front row partnership.

Napa is a big hitter and can be intimidating
He needs a big strong front rower to go with him, not tolman.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Neither are scoring tries like David Fifita and aren't worth the big bucks.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Kasiano had more X factor than the both of them. Shame he couldn't maintain his fitness..

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Klemmer is a great example of why no club should pay up to $1M for a prop. Even if their stats are good they won’t win you a premiership.
Been saying it for over a decade that props should never be overpaid. In my opinion I wouldn't pay more than 700k for a prop.

Real1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe I should of asked the question better.

1. If Klemmer stayed, then we wouldn't of bought Napa.

2. Because Klemmer left, we bought Napa.

1 & 2 were not going to happen together. It was either 1 or 2.

Now which scenario after three rounds would TK members prefer. Not after 25 rounds, not before round 1. After 3 rounds.

I'm interest in members thoughts. If you can't decide then don't answer. Simple!
I’m glad the transaction happened... Napa is better then Klemmer, all we need now is a meter eater to partner Napa..

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Been saying it for over a decade that props should never be overpaid. In my opinion I wouldn't pay more than 700k for a prop.
I'd pay close to a mill for Haas.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Neither are scoring tries like David Fifita and aren't worth the big bucks.
David Fifita isn't a Prop tho. He's a Second Rower that you might be able to turn into a Lock.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Also Klemmer is better then Napa, it isn't even a close comparison. In saying that, I still don't think either of them are a threat in front of the try line, which I believe everyone 1-13 has to be. I prefer your big, tackle busting and off loading Front Rowers like AFB, Taupau, Fifita, etc.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I wouldn't and I'm a massive Haas fan.
He's the complete package, to have all that size and ability yet have the motor to go for that long in the middle at such a young age is unreal. I'd happily pay that coin as long as you could still manage the rest of the squad.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He's the complete package, to have all that size and ability yet have the motor to go for that long in the middle at such a young age is unreal. I'd happily pay that coin as long as you could still manage the rest of the squad.
Sooner or later Haas is going to have a serious run of injuries, probably more likely sooner.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Agree to Disagree. Too much for a prop.

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
No thanks.

No pussy whipped d̶o̶g̶s̶ knights in my team

Napa, IMO, was not what we needed. We have props. Yes, he brings aggression. But what he doesn't bring in abundance, is consistent metres per game.

It was a panic purchase. But he's a dog now, so he has my utmost support.