What has changed with doggies style.

2ndphase

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Not drunk or dreaming, I was referring to the pass from which Holland gets on the outside of his man, and then grubbers for Meaney. The cutout pass you’re referring to in the lead up to the penalty try has no influence whatsoever on the try, Holland was still marked, he was just skillful enough to get an offload away. As much as I admire his defense, Lewis completely stifles our attack with his poor passing, predictable kicking and non existent running game.
The ball went to ground to Holland because they rushed up on Lewis so it was a quick pass away.
You cant up for that!
Everyone talks about players playing for their jumper and putting in 100% Lewis does this in bucket loads.
How could you not have a player like Lewis in your team..
He is only young his passing and reading the play with come with experience,and he has the best teacher beside him in Foran.

kungfuman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not drunk or dreaming, I was referring to the pass from which Holland gets on the outside of his man, and then grubbers for Meaney. The cutout pass you’re referring to in the lead up to the penalty try has no influence whatsoever on the try, Holland was still marked, he was just skillful enough to get an offload away. As much as I admire his defense, Lewis completely stifles our attack with his poor passing, predictable kicking and non existent running game.
i did say in my comment the cutout to Holland for the try that setup the winning play,but some of you just want to be so quick to jump all over the kid you don't read the quotes properly

BULLDVGS

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Negative or not, he makes some valid points. Lewis picks the wrong option too much, passed behind meaney (that pass is meant to be the best part of his attacking game no?), passed 1 metre behind Foz. Lewis almost gave me a stroke that game.

He made up for it tho, especially with the tackle on Nathan Brown lol

But at Nabs has said, if you're a half back and you're only known for your defense...then...you're not that good lol

PS. in saying that, I think he's the best fit in the team rn with the type of game the team is playing, slow grind it out affair.

Fuck me
Go get a root will ya

Go for a walk in the great outdoors

Smell some flowers
Look at the clouds

Watch some birds or the rolling waves at the beach

Reset your mind a bit and relax

rabid dog

Waterboy
Reaction score
Lewis defence is great but his creativity with the ball on the last tackle is terrible he has no idea what to do apart from a bomb
Meaney scored on the last off a cut out from Lewis to Holland.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Negative or not, he makes some valid points. Lewis picks the wrong option too much, passed behind meaney (that pass is meant to be the best part of his attacking game no?), passed 1 metre behind Foz. Lewis almost gave me a stroke that game.

But at Nabs has said, if you're a half back and you're only known for your defense...then...you're not that good lol

PS. in saying that, I think he's the best fit in the team rn with the type of game the team is playing, slow grind it out affair.
He has shown attacking ability and some great kicking
He is young and is the best fit for the job currently with what the coach needs for the team

I don’t mind Marley disagreeing
I’m not saying he is right or wrong

It’s that it’s the only thing he posts
He was the same with Reynolds’s
He was the same with Ennis
He was the same with cook
He loved Lichaa

The guy is entitled to his opinion
But he isn’t always right

And he may be proven right or wrong on Lewis only time will tell

But fuck me does he have to be so negative all the fucking time going over the same shit day in day out

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score

Exactly, people on here just get so defensive when you don't suck off everything certain favourties do, it's like criticising certain parts of their games is a sin and and you get attacked over it lol.

Pay playing Lewis now is probably the right call despite me previously thinking otherwise, we're spoiling teams and having him in the defensive line gives us one less weakness as we can rely on him to make clutch tackles. But he's still fucking shit with the ball, I'm not going to say otherwise while posters continue to praise him as some superstar.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Actually it's not the end of discussion. You don't like him, good for you. Plenty of us "no ideas" supporters think he has plenty to offer.

So do some actual footballers, and pretty handy ones like Thurston, Fittler, Johns, Vautin and Peter Sterling.

i'm all for respecting opinions whether we agree or not but even in a great moment like last night you coudnt wait to rubbish your pet hate while supposedly praising the team.

I agree Cogger is hard done by being on the bench and I also agree Lewis has his shortcomings.

But dead set mate, if you don't think he deserved his spot in the side last night and you don't think he played a significant role in our win..., you are a boof head.
No it is end of discussion, if you think he's good in attack the you're simply wrong. There is nothing debate in regard to that matter, it's like trying to say 1+1 is anything but 1. There's plenty of other aspects of his game that are up for debate, but that certainly isn't.

Just FYI I went to me first game in forever this week and it stuck out like a sore thumb, i couldn't care less about the hype squad hyping up the golden boy. Moses got absolutely smashed on here yet praised by literally every TV personality yet that hardly carried any weight. People also always completely disregard dally m rankings despite them being done by so called experts of the game.

And I don't deny that playing Lewis is the right decision for the time being, I didn't think it was but Pay has proved me wrong. We're spoiling teams and Lewis is a crucial part of that. But he's still fucking shit with the ball.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
No it is end of discussion, if you think he's good in attack the you're simply wrong. There is nothing debate in regard to that matter, it's like trying to say 1+1 is anything but 1. There's plenty of other aspects of his game that are up for debate, but that certainly isn't.

Just FYI I went to me first game in forever this week and it stuck out like a sore thumb, i couldn't care less about the hype squad hyping up the golden boy. Moses got absolutely smashed on here yet praised by literally every TV personality yet that hardly carried any weight. People also always completely disregard dally m rankings despite them being done by so called experts of the game.

And I don't deny that playing Lewis is the right decision for the time being, I didn't think it was but Pay has proved me wrong. We're spoiling teams and Lewis is a crucial part of that. But he's still fucking shit with the ball.
You are a funny guy.. Unless I missed something and you are the footy police everything is up for discussion.

By simply blabbing that anyone who rates Lewis is a nuffty and part of some bullshit cheer squad doesn't give you credabilty.

I hope you enjoyed the game the other night and you took time to see the joy on our supporters faces, hopefully you were the same.

But there is no need to be be a dick and put people down or talk at them. Your post total doesn't entitle you to anything.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
You are a funny guy.. Unless I missed something and you are the footy police everything is up for discussion.

By simply blabbing that anyone who rates Lewis is a nuffty and part of some bullshit cheer squad doesn't give you credabilty.

I hope you enjoyed the game the other night and you took time to see the joy on our supporters faces, hopefully you were the same.

But there is no need to be be a dick and put people down or talk at them. Your post total doesn't entitle you to anything.
So you think Lewis is good with the ball in hand?

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
So you think Lewis is good with the ball in hand?
Mate, you are a single track. I don't think Lewis has hands like Thurston or banana kicks like Joey, nor do I think he has Wallys or Sterlos footy brain

But he has huge balls, a big motor, is a bloody tenacious competitor, defends as good as any halve I have ever seen, has a good kick and can pass left and right.

I also think he takes wrong options and is still learning his role with the team and Foran.

Oh, and then there is that other thing...
WE ARE FUCKING WINNING.. when he is in the side.

So my thought would be to polish the turd bits out of him and build on his good assets. Maybe he won't end up being in the halves but he absolutely needs to be in the side and part of our future.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Mate, you are a single track. I don't think Lewis has hands like Thurston or banana kicks like Joey, nor do I think he has Wallys or Sterlos footy brain

But he has huge balls, a big motor, is a bloody tenacious competitor, defends as good as any halve I have ever seen, has a good kick and can pass left and right.

I also think he takes wrong options and is still learning his role with the team and Foran.

Oh, and then there is that other thing...
WE ARE FUCKING WINNING.. when he is in the side.

So my thought would be to polish the turd bits out of him and build on his good assets. Maybe he won't end up being in the halves but he absolutely needs to be in the side and part of our future.
So no, thanks. These limitations have been here in every grade, not going to magically sort itself out or close the gap with hard work. It's not polishing, it's literally learning an entire skillset.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
So no, thanks. These limitations have been here in every grade, not going to magically sort itself out or close the gap with hard work. It's not polishing, it's literally learning an entire skillset.
Hahaha.. ok Nabs.

Just send thru your decision about this to Belmore and have his locker packed, and we can all move on.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Hahaha.. ok Nabs.

Just send thru your decision about this to Belmore and have his locker packed, and we can all move on.
Never said he should leave, even said he is probably the best option for the time being. But long-term he belongs no where near the halves unless there's huge improvement in key areas and that looks extremely unlikely.

gazza

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Haven’t you noticed that since Suasso Sue has been out, the dogs have been winning.

Merimbula Man

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Haven’t you noticed that since Suasso Sue has been out, the dogs have been winning.
It’s not Sue being out, it’s Montoya, his shocking defensive reads makes it much harder for those around him

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Cogger is far more of a halfback than Lewis lol. Lewis offers fuck all running the ball and as a ball player while Foran does and links up far better with players around him. Think it's as simple as getting Foran in his favoured positions and carrying Lewis because of his defence and bigger boot compared to Cogger.
Youre comparing apples _ n oranges.. Lewis is a try saving player/halfback ..Cogger is a halfback.
Without Lewis we would not have won that game.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Lachlan Lewis has a quality that cannot be expressed in stats... I'm still not sure what it is, but when he plays, things just seem to come together.
He saves tries , anticipates opposition 's strategies..stuff that can't be coached into people

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think Lewis is linking well with Foran. Cogger plays similarly to Foran (but no where near as good) so would not work as well together. I think the confusion over Lewis is that he seems to not fit in any one position. He seems to be a blend of a few positions player. Not sure if that is a good thing or if he will eventually end up a utility guy. I hope he bulks up and develops in to a ball playing lock! but he is no that at the moment.
Lewis is synching with Foran like a padawan on red cordial to his sensai...