Napa or Klemmer?

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
It’s not even a question that should be asked lol..

Fucking Napa every day of the week, and he looks better in a doggs jersey than David ! Oh an he is also much happier playing for us as well.

Close thread haha.
Good-Fellas-Hilarious.jpg

Fingal Bay

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Klemmer hasn't helped the Knights make the finals, he is overrated. Napa has been disappointing. I my opinion Aidan Fonua-Blake is the pick of the props. Wish we could steal him from Manly and stuff Hasler up.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Klemmer hasn't helped the Knights make the finals, he is overrated. Napa has been disappointing. I my opinion Aidan Fonua-Blake is the pick of the props. Wish we could steal him from Manly and stuff Hasler up.
Signed Napa over him when he was available? Could be wrong tho.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Klemmer is killing it in base stats at the Knights... Napa hasn't done shit all here. Such a depressing switch.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Initially Napa was ok. I thought we were getting a same for same swap tbh. But he isnt as consistant as Klemmer and only has odd great games, where Klemmer puts out the same every week. So yeh, with more hindsight, id say Klemmer is better for sure.

fooch

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
What was the story with klemmer in the sheds after a game when a supporter mentioned if he ever thougbt of offloading i heard he lost his shit

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The story of Peter Mulholland going to Klems house and talking to his mum about bringing him to the Dogs as a young bloke is an absolute favourite.. and I was sad when he took the money with the knights.

But if I'm totally honest in hindsight im glad he went. He has great stats and his post contact meters are up with the best. However, Klems highlight reel isn't filled with runs from the Back fence or crunching pain riddled tackles. He's a metre eater but he doesn't dominate or intimidate other fowards. (except maybe Aaron woods...)

And Nappa is an enigma. Does the odd tough thing but lacks consistency and is why he was mostly used as a bench toward to be an impact at the rorters. He is not a pack leader.

Squash the Berries!

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wonder if Napa is the player mentioned in the Sunday Telegraph as Origin player close to being dropped?

BMOC

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don’t think dylan napa has achieved anything too significant this season at the dogs. He has been okay but I was expecting more hits and aggression. Yes he is probably overpaid.

But what about klemmer. He had another fantastic night tonight- 110 metres gained and 50 post contact metres... but the knights got smashed. In fact the whole year klemmer has been solid- gaining heaps of metres but these performances have only helped his team come like 11th!! I say he is way more overpaid, way more overrated and less cool than napa

I am so glad we got rid of klemmer now that think about it. He Is history now

UndeadShadowMan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can't compare Napa to Klemmer he is just not as good. But Napa going ok this year was a bit off when he came back from injury but getting back into it now. He is playing a lot more mins with us than he did at the Roosters just needs a bit more conditioning.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
They're completely different / opposite players. Klemmer has great leg drive. His only real advantage is getting you up the field. No attacking threat though whatsoever and I always thought he tackled like a pussy actually - never dominant in any way which I always thought was a waste considering his size. Guys much smaller than him can hammer. While Napa isn't as effective in gaining metres he has more ability to offload and he's better in defence just for the fact he hits harder. I know he misses sometimes but when he pulls off a good one it's another highlight and great to watch. Klemmer's boring. We really need a big body / decent hitter like Napa when we take on big forward packs like the Rabbits and Broncos.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Napa has made some ground on Klemmer recently but Klemmer still ahead for the season. Neither has been sensational at any time