News 'I wish he hit me front on': DWZ unimpressed Brown's charge

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Yeah this is where the NRL or MRC fail. When you get the opportunity for a open and shut case like this shoulder charge then you make an example of the player. Bloke should have got a minimum 4 weeks and possibly out to 6 weeks for that one. That's how you deter these idiots!

This year is already the worst I have seen in some time in regards to grubb behaviour on field and last night was further examples of it. Blatant elbows to the head, the players are out of control at the moment and the NRL are to blame for it through being weak.
It isn't a Match Review Committee, its an Incident Review Committee (and also a complete farce). When you take the whole match into account, it is clear that Brown's attempt wasn't just a one off moment of aggro that went wrong, like some really inept attempt to replicate Sivo's brilliant hit. Events in the match show Brown was trying to take DWZ out. Review the whole match and there is no doubt Brown needs to get rubbed out for 6 weeks minimum.

Delta

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Dallin is a top bloke on and off the field... what a great acquisition.

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I love his other quote to the ref after the penalty try, "its football, what do you expect him to do with his legs?". Yeah, its football, it ain't soccer you fucking twat!!!
Maybe next time we play the eels, within the first 10 minutes someone should shoulder charge Gutherson, then after 10 minutes someone should kick him in the head, then remind him, this is only football!

Malla

Reaction score
DWZ has been the best signing for our club in god knows how long.

Thank you Penrith

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It's a penalty in soccer too if you go in with the legs and hit the player instead of the ball. And they did it twice. If hop doesn't get the ball down for his try would have been 2 penalty tries in 1 match which I've never seen before.

They were filthy dirty the eels in that match, and still lost hahahah. They are gone week 1 in the finals
So true. Imagine that!!!

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
DWZ has been the best signing for our club in god knows how long.

Thank you Penrith
Isn't it nice to be on the end of another clubs wrong decision for once! Imagine keeping Dylan Edwards over DWZ!

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It isn't a Match Review Committee, its an Incident Review Committee (and also a complete farce). When you take the whole match into account, it is clear that Brown's attempt wasn't just a one off moment of aggro that went wrong, like some really inept attempt to replicate Sivo's brilliant hit. Events in the match show Brown was trying to take DWZ out. Review the whole match and there is no doubt Brown needs to get rubbed out for 6 weeks minimum.
To think Ofahengue will receive 5 weeks for his "crusher" which did no damage whatsoever, it's a disgrace that Brown will only face a few more weeks for his hit that was both late and a shoulder charge. To me, brown's hit was two offenses and should be dealt with accordingly.

RookieDog

Dogs1
Reaction score
So true. Imagine that!!!
It's a penalty in soccer too if you go in with the legs and hit the player instead of the ball. And they did it twice. If hop doesn't get the ball down for his try would have been 2 penalty tries in 1 match which I've never seen before.

They were filthy dirty the eels in that match, and still lost hahahah. They are gone week 1 in the finals
Maybe the Hopoate one would have been a penalty try too (if he didn't get the ball down) but I think that's far from certain. To me it looked more like the defender tried to get his foot under the ball to stop Hopoate from grounding it rather than kicking at the ball or the hand etc.

IMO, the one from the little worm Moses was very different. The first and only contact was his boot on Meany's right forearm. Moses led with the boot and Meany dropped the ball because of the illegal contact from the boot.

The video ref had no doubt - he looked at it once before awarding the try.

It was an obvious penalty try.

Agree with you that Parrascums were very dirty in Thursday night's game and have no prospects of going anywhere in the finals. It's just a shame that they will even get to play 1 finals match. These days, it just doesn't feel right that Parramatta should play any finals football.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Maybe the Hopoate one would have been a penalty try too (if he didn't get the ball down) but I think that's far from certain. To me it looked more like the defender tried to get his foot under the ball to stop Hopoate from grounding it rather than kicking at the ball or the hand etc.

IMO, the one from the little worm Moses was very different. The first and only contact was his boot on Meany's right forearm. Moses led with the boot and Meany dropped the ball because of the illegal contact from the boot.

Agree with you that Parrascums were very dirty in Thursday night's game and have no prospects of going anywhere in the finals. It's just a shame that they will even get to play 1 finals match. These days, it just doesn't feel right that Parramatta should play any finals football.
You aren't allowed to lead with the feet at all, kicking at it is just worse

liljohny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
To think Ofahengue will receive 5 weeks for his "crusher" which did no damage whatsoever, it's a disgrace that Brown will only face a few more weeks for his hit that was both late and a shoulder charge. To me, brown's hit was two offenses and should be dealt with accordingly.
And Smith nearly rips a blokes ear off and the MRC gives him a pat on the back for his efforts

Doooogiez

Waterboy
Reaction score

With the Hoppa try, you can hear the ref say to Gutho that it would have been a penalty try if he had not retained possession..