Recruitment Suggestions - Consolidated Thread

Should the bulldogs make Reynolds priority number one target for 2022?

• Total voters

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Is this us? From the way he writes, it sounds like us (moving to be a finals contender in 2020). Though I haven't heard any of these whispers?
Tigers or Dragons I reckon

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fifita is only 19. He's definitely a class above Stimson and Britt and will be for a long time. Don't want to see Parra get him. Would rather him than Jake Turbo for a million a season. As Jake and Tom apparently aren't interested in even talking to us I think for our rebuild we should focus on 3 players. Api Koroisau, Latrell Mitchell and Fifita and forget about Jesse Ramien. I'm a bit concerned about Ramien's attitude anyway. He reportedly put his price up. If he wanted to play for the Dogs you would think he would have already signed by now. If we got all this money to spend for 2021 we might as well get one of the very best forwards and backs of the NRL plus the best available long needed hooker. This would give us so much added attacking strike power in both the forwards and backs - potential line breaks from nothing. As all the other decent hooker options are already signed Koroisau is the best option left available. According to recent media reports looks like we could get Koroisau for 500-600K, Mitchell for 900 - $1m and Fifita for 900 - $1m. I'd also keep Foran if he gets through more games next year than he misses at somewhere around 600-700K and definitely re-sign DWZ at whatever his market value is at the time (probably around 500-600K) Looks like we have a good couple of young centres coming through (one of them to replace Hopa in near future) so whatever is left over I'd throw it at the best next up and coming young five eight on the market to replace Foran in near future.

Imagine our 2021 team looking something like this

Dallin Watene-Zelezniak
Nick Meaney
Latrell Mitchell
Will Hopoate
Reimis Smith
Kieran Foran
Lachlan Lewis / Jack Cogger / Brandon Wakeham
Dylan Napa
Api Koroisau
Aiden Tolman
CHN
Josh Jackson
David Fifita
RESERVES
Joe Stimson
Renouf Toomoga
RFM
Jesse Sue / Britt / Ogden / JMK

Surplus: Michael Lichaa, Adam Elliott, Marcela Montoya, Kerrod Holland - although might keep Holland as a low cost back up. Also can we teach Okunbur how to catch and defend by then as a back up winger.

Last edited:

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
I was saying last week Fafita over Haas and last night's game didn't change my mind. Haas is an animal but I think he will have body/injury issues. Fafita was very impressive last night and is built for long term footy. I'm not convinced in Mitchell, it's not the talent obviously it's more his mental state and his involvement versus price but at the end of the day if we did sign him I wouldn't be upset.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Paying more then a million for a non spine player is a enormous mistake so I wouldn’t go near Latrell because I doubt we get him for less then that.

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Paying more then a million for a non spine player is a enormous mistake so I wouldn’t go near Latrell because I doubt we get him for less then that.
Yeah big risk but I can’t say he’s not worth it to be honest. Depending on what we could lock DWZ, Api(if he came) and what halves we keep. If we could get the spine sorted for 2-2.5 I reckon go for it.
If DWZ, Foran, Lewis/Cogger/Wakeham and Api were the spine it’s not bad at all I’d throw close to a mil at Latrell. Lewis/Cogger and Wakeham will only improve with more games. Relies a lot on Foran and his fitness which is unreliable. If we need to bring in a replacement worth while for him that would change.
Just my 2.5 cents

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yeah big risk but I can’t say he’s not worth it to be honest. Depending on what we could lock DWZ, Api(if he came) and what halves we keep. If we could get the spine sorted for 2-2.5 I reckon go for it.
If DWZ, Foran, Lewis/Cogger/Wakeham and Api were the spine it’s not bad at all I’d throw close to a mil at Latrell. Lewis/Cogger and Wakeham will only improve with more games. Relies a lot on Foran and his fitness which is unreliable. If we need to bring in a replacement worth while for him that would change.
Just my 2.5 cents
It could definitely work but it’s also got massive risks attached to it. Say we don’t get the halves right and those 3 don’t come along as hoped then we are in massive strife because we have invested so much in a centre and we can’t get the ball to him and in all likelihood couldn’t afford a decent half because of the money we used for Latrell . Latrell has talent there’s no doubt about that and the only way I can see him coming here is if we make him one of the highest paid players in the game. This is just my opinion but for someone to be on that type of money you don’t want to have to rely on other players to bring him into the game.

2ndphase

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Fifita definitely!
Api- until another young gun comes along we definitely need a hooker.
Latrell its a no for me,too inconsistent for 1 mill..

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We could build the club around someone like Fifita. He is in the elite class already. I'd also like to get Ramien, although Averillo has a lot of promise IMO. We also need a good hooker but Fifita should be our number one recruitment target.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Here are the possibilities...
Ramein
Koroisou
Thompson
Radradra
SBW the wild card

Mitchell
Fifita
Papenhuyzen
I love that 2021 list. I'd just be beating off over our lineup day every day if something like that ever happened.. We have to make huge offers to Fifita and Papenhuyzen. They'd be two of the best players available for 2021 and neither have come close to scratching the surface.

It's interesting that you mention Thompson is still an option. If we sign Api, I hope it's on a cheapish two year deal.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I don’t want Mitchell
I don’t like his attitude
He would command big money and I doubt you will get much value from him
He has too many quiet games for the money he would want

kungfuman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don’t want Mitchell
Im sort of on that same wave length as you when it comes to Lattrell might be a risk

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
No to Api and Latrell. No player deserves a million a year unless they are a 1, 6, 7 or 9 and elite at that level so that rules at Latrell. Api is too injury prone.

I'd go after Haas, Fafita, Ramien, Papenhuyzen and 1 of the young hookers Melbourne have.

Shnissss

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don’t want Mitchell
Yeh I agree. You want latrell with a DWZ attitude to get involved and give 110% every match