Opinion The To’omaga Jizz Train

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I love how Horse has a go at people for being so negative but this was one of the most negative threads about a young player for a while, especially when at the time it was completely unwarranted and has proven to be completely wrong. Which many of us knew all along that it would be..

Last edited:

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I love how Horse has a go at people for being so negative but this was one of the most negative threads about a young player for a while, especially when at the time it was completely unwarranted and has proven to be completely wrong. Which many of us knew all along that it would be..
I’m on record on multiple occasions saying I rate the bloke. The search function is your friend.

This thread was made at a time where we had clowns hyping him up as some sort of saviour and calling for the axing of Tolman.

The facts remain that he’s yet to transition into a consistent first grader, and he’s only really turned up at this level in 30% of the times he’s played. He’s got all the tools do so and I hope he does find consistency as he can be an asset for us off the bench as he was last night.

kaluah8123

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just about de-railed surely.

Looks a few yards off the pace and has a questionable engine for the pace of First Grade football.

First touch he slipped a silly offload around JMK’s ankle for an error. Thereafter barely bent the line in contributing 5 hit ups for a return of 36 metres.

Continues to be fairly underwhelming in his transition from CC to NRL.

Let’s all calm down about him now.
Train is back up and puffing at least for another week. 100% agree with your post at the time tho.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
To me he looked lazy at the get go. This last few weeks he has been putting his body on the line and running like a TRAIN. Good things are coming for this kid.

Sleeky

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
The facts remain that he’s yet to transition into a consistent first grader, and he’s only really turned up at this level in 30% of the times he’s played. He’s got all the tools do so and I hope he does find consistency as he can be an asset for us off the bench as he was last night.
Dean Pay: 37% winning record.

Fact remains that he’s yet to transition into a consistent first grade coach.
He’s got all the tools do so and I hope he does find consistency as he can be an asset for us as he has has been for the last part of the last two seasons.

See, we both can play that game.

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Dean Pay: 37% winning record.

Fact remains that he’s yet to transition into a consistent first grade coach.
He’s got all the tools do so and I hope he does find consistency as he can be an asset for us as he has has been for the last part of the last two seasons.

See, we both can play that game.
Weak post. I could pick your comparison apart but I'd rather just wait for you to join the banned list with the other germs.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Can’t do much when given only 5-10 mins off the bench when games were already won or lost.
Toomaga just needed some time and confidence coz imo he has it all;
Strength
Leg drive
Aggression
Late footwork and
Perfect offload

Him and rfm should never lose their bench spots at the very least!!!

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Can’t do much when given only 5-10 mins off the bench when games were already won or lost.
Toomaga just needed some time and confidence coz imo he has it all;
Strength
Leg drive
Aggression
Late footwork and
Perfect offload

Him and rfm should never lose their bench spots at the very least!!!
And Ogden. I still don't know why he was dropped in the first place. He was outperforming Napa most weeks he played in his limited minutes and it's frustrating that he's been out of the team for six weeks or more now..

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
And Ogden. I still don't know why he was dropped in the first place. He was outperforming Napa most weeks he played in his limited minutes and it's frustrating that he's been out of the team for six weeks or more now..
Review the Broncos game and pay attention to Ogdens defence. Some of his attempts at tackle were up there with the worst I’ve seen. He shirked the physicality battle with the Broncos pack and was rightfully dispatched to reserve grade since.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Review the Broncos game and pay attention to Ogdens defence. Some of his attempts at tackle were up there with the worst I’ve seen. He shirked the physicality battle with the Broncos pack and was rightfully dispatched to reserve grade since.
I doubt Ogden shirks physical confrontation. Maybe he had a bad game defensively, but so what? How many bad games in attack and defense have Holland, Smith, Napa and Elliott had this season yet were persisted with game in, game out?

Ogden misses some tackles in one game and he's banished to reserve grade the rest of the season? Never mind the fact that he provided the best go forward and offloads out of any prop we had nearly every game he played.

You've now seen what a consistent run in FG did for Renouf and how he improved because of it. Same with RFM. If we had Ogden there as well, then he'd benefit just as much and we'd have a truly formidable pack.

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
To me he looked lazy at the get go. This last few weeks he has been putting his body on the line and running like a TRAIN. Good things are coming for this kid.
I agree but I reckon his slow start was more shyness to get involved than laziness. He seems like a a kid that needed to crawl for a while before he walked in NRL. Now he can have an off-season where he feels kind-of established, and I can't wait to see how he goes next year and beyond with more self-belief. I love the way his enthusiasm is showing too - celebrating tries and big plays by his team mates.

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I doubt Ogden shirks physical confrontation. Maybe he had a bad game defensively, but so what? How many bad games in attack and defense have Holland, Smith, Napa and Elliott had this season yet were persisted with game in, game out?

Ogden misses some tackles in one game and he's banished to reserve grade the rest of the season? Never mind the fact that he provided the best go forward and offloads out of any prop we had nearly every game he played.

You've now seen what a consistent run in FG did for Renouf and how he improved because of it. Same with RFM. If we had Ogden there as well, then he'd benefit just as much and we'd have a truly formidable pack.
You could probably look up the highlights reel on YouTube from the fixture and see an example or 2 of what I’m talking about. It wasn’t pretty.

It’s obvious that he was sent back to CC because of this, and to hopefully send a message regarding expectations around defensive standards and effort levels. Hopefully he comes back better and hungrier. No doubt he’s got the ability.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
You could probably look up the highlights reel on YouTube from the fixture and see an example or 2 of what I’m talking about. It wasn’t pretty.

It’s obvious that he was sent back to CC because of this, and to hopefully send a message regarding expectations around defensive standards and effort levels. Hopefully he comes back better and hungrier. No doubt he’s got the ability.
I'm not saying he didn't miss tackles in that game. I'm saying he's shown more than enough this season to deserve another chance and he's well worth persisting with. He offers a hell of a lot more than Chris Smith, especially when we have RFM who can play on an edge if needed.

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I agree but I reckon his slow start was more shyness to get involved than laziness. He seems like a a kid that needed to crawl for a while before he walked in NRL. Now he can have an off-season where he feels kind-of established, and I can't wait to see how he goes next year and beyond with more self-belief. I love the way his enthusiasm is showing too - celebrating tries and big plays by his team mates.
Bang on. It’s obviously a mentality issue that’s held him back a bit, and his transition into a first grade footballer has unfortunately not been a seamless one. He’s 24 years old, so it’s now pretty much that make or break point in his career.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
When Ogden came to the Dogs, he was called "the hitman". Well..his hits are few and far between.
If hes a hitman, why cant he hit in the CC. Hes not hitting there either.
Hes a big unit and needs to learn how to use his body better. I cannot see anyone getting dropped from FG
to allow him back in.

Malla

Reaction score
I didn’t rate this kid much at the start of the year watching him in reggies but Jesus he’s good. Very powerful and has great footwork at the line plus he hits as hard as a Mack truck. The fact we have guys like him on the come up shows we really don’t need Herman or anyone else

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
All aboard the Jizz train. I'm going to run dry if he keeps dominating like this. Every week he improves and has another breakout.

He has unlimited potential with footwork like his at that size. Renouf, Ogden, RFM and maybe Herman could be part of the scariest bench in the comp.