What has changed with doggies style.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Dean Pay and Steve Antonelli have switched the team into finals footy mode.
The difference in the play is obvious. They are committed to each other. They tackle for each other.
The coaching staff know that defence wins these games, and that is the difference.

craigo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
His bombs aren't bad, but it definitely seems its his only option.
Really I think they offer nothing. They aren’t even high they just go straight to the backline with no pressure. Even last night with about 3 mins to go he was in spot to try a field goal and just did a chip bomb. I can’t stand them. But we need him in the team he defends awesome

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was at the game last night,and very happy with the result,still making to many mistakes,our defence has been great recently,but last night we had 2 to 3 players in a tackle and they still managed to pass the ball,their second phase play almost killed us,and Lewis defence was absolutely brilliant,he reminds me a lot a young Paul langmack,

fooch

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
The great steve mortimer once said and I'll never forget it . We'll do it for the fans

kungfuman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yh he did and that's legit he's only play, a cutout ball to the winger or centre in space. Throughout the game his passing was awful..at players ankles, at their heads, behind them, slow, hitting the deck...he just doesn't have it and it has been there through all the grades with little improvement.

For the time being he is probably the right fit with us spoiling teams and limiting their scoring potential, but long-term it isn't a viable solution unless he makes major improvements.
your in a group of about 4 that think so ,not one commentator had a bad word about Lewis

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
your in a group of about 4 that think so ,not one commentator had a bad word about Lewis
Because he's the golden boy, the fact that he some how got motm is just further proof. His attack is garbage, end of discussion.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Because he's the golden boy, the fact that he some how got motm is just further proof. His attack is garbage, end of discussion.
Actually it's not the end of discussion. You don't like him, good for you. Plenty of us "no ideas" supporters think he has plenty to offer.

So do some actual footballers, and pretty handy ones like Thurston, Fittler, Johns, Vautin and Peter Sterling.

i'm all for respecting opinions whether we agree or not but even in a great moment like last night you coudnt wait to rubbish your pet hate while supposedly praising the team.

I agree Cogger is hard done by being on the bench and I also agree Lewis has his shortcomings.

But dead set mate, if you don't think he deserved his spot in the side last night and you don't think he played a significant role in our win..., you are a boof head.

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Actually it's not the end of discussion. You don't like him, good for you. Plenty of us "no ideas" supporters think he has plenty to offer.

So do some actual footballers, and pretty handy ones like Thurston, Fittler, Johns, Vautin and Peter Sterling.

i'm all for respecting opinions whether we agree or not but even in a great moment like last night you coudnt wait to rubbish your pet hate while supposedly praising the team.

I agree Cogger is hard done by being on the bench and I also agree Lewis has his shortcomings.

But dead set mate, if you don't think he deserved his spot in the side last night and you don't think he played a significant role in our win..., you are a boof head.
Basildog with a decent post
Good dog.....

obje

Kennel Established
Reaction score

https://www.thekennel.net.au/forum/...ogs-half-pairings-win-loss-since-2018.114074/

the results speak for themselves... Lewis is a winner

Kennelnator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
DWZ

Pay has finally nailed his bench rotations

Alot less block block shitty plays and more emphasis on punching through the middle with our backs and our backrowers being put into more holes

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
At the game, there was a noticeable change in tactics. Lewis was generally the first receiver, no longer a forward. ( except for charges directly from the ruck) This allowed runners like Elliott, Corey etc to take runs much wider. Opposition no longer can compress their defensive lines in the middle of the field. This has resulted in better ruck meters, making defensive lines work harder, allowing runners more space. Elliott, Jackson & co are making more line breaks (or half beaks ) then before. Added benefit of Lewis tackling like a demon. Foran is generally playing wider, also on either side of the ruck. This is the reason why Pay has not selected Cogger. He plays a style more like Foran, not as suited for the more traditional half back roles. This seem evident when both Remis Smith's & DWZ were off the field at the same time. Pay did not want to move Lewis from that close to the ruck position.
Cogger is far more of a halfback than Lewis lol. Lewis offers fuck all running the ball and as a ball player while Foran does and links up far better with players around him. Think it's as simple as getting Foran in his favoured positions and carrying Lewis because of his defence and bigger boot compared to Cogger.
Sure so do walker and Reynolds tonight for the rabbits.
Set up some great tries.
But both leaked a try each on either side where they defend..

Merimbula Man

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
68th minute doesn't go anywhere near the ground your drunk or dreaming!
Not drunk or dreaming, I was referring to the pass from which Holland gets on the outside of his man, and then grubbers for Meaney. The cutout pass you’re referring to in the lead up to the penalty try has no influence whatsoever on the try, Holland was still marked, he was just skillful enough to get an offload away. As much as I admire his defense, Lewis completely stifles our attack with his poor passing, predictable kicking and non existent running game.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
defense wins games
Dare I say it?.........Fuck it, I'm gonna do it.

Dogs of war baby!!! Hahaha
Seriously though, defense does win games, and our recent wins have been won on the back of good defense. And given Pays history with our club, I suspect that's the way he wants go with this team.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Nah definitely not. Lewis defensive technique is better and that's it. Cogger organises, controls, kicks, passes and engages the line better than Lewis. I like both players but Jacks been shafted just on defence alone, even though he was always putting his body on the line
Shafted is a strong word. I think everyone has bought into what Pay is doing, and this means team first, club second, player last. Just like it's always been. I very much doubt Cogger feels shafted.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Lol. You lot are fucking deluded, so defensive over nothing.
Mate he is probably just like the rest of us
Sick of your constant negativity

It’s relentless and regular and in every thread

I fucking hate reading through threads and you fucking pop up with your shit all the time

Get some fucking help you sad case

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Fuck me
Go get a root will ya

Go for a walk in the great outdoors

Smell some flowers
Look at the clouds

Watch some birds or the rolling waves at the beach

Reset your mind a bit and relax

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
The hunger... they are all working hard for one another an it’s shows with their defence!!