Jesse Ramien Consolidated Rumour Thread

Grunthos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Keep Holand and dump Montoya.
Holland has a football brain though his defence is sometimes lacking, Montoya is just dumb as a stump, Eg. there is no way Montoya would have thought of the pass or kick ahead that almost had Meany in last night, he would have died with the ball cold.

BG73

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
You’d have to think the recent run of results is putting the club in a far better light. Just hope he comes committed and ready to give his all....like we finally are starting to see

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
You’d have to think the recent run of results is putting the club in a far better light. Just hope he comes committed and ready to give his all....like we finally are starting to see
Exactly, however I doubt any of our guys will put up with a half committed player based on the efforts they have been putting in recently and how much they looked after eachother last night. They just wouldn't cop it! That said, how could you not buy into what the players are building and if the fella has a young daughter then we are a great fit for him and his family.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'll probably be catching up with his uncle tomorrow at our local footy game so I'll hit him up to see if he knows of anything. Just haven't had the chance to catch up with him of late. Can't promise anything but if I find out something I'll be sure to share.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Would Hoppa shift to the left to accommodate him?

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think Ramien is just using us as a plan B while the Sharks try and clear cap space..........

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Exactly, however I doubt any of our guys will put up with a half committed player based on the efforts they have been putting in recently and how much they looked after eachother last night. They just wouldn't cop it! That said, how could you not buy into what the players are building and if the fella has a young daughter then we are a great fit for him and his family.
What he saw out there on the field last night should have convinced him...could have the same respect DWZ gets.

If not, more fool him. We move on.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
From memory Hoppa was terrible at left centre while at Parra.

He looks alot more comfortable at right centre
Yh I'm only asking because I've only ever seen Ramien on the right with his preferred left arm fend and right arm carry. Players also started slapping at the ball when he tried to bump them off and that lead to errors so idk how flexible he is when it comes to positioning himself on the field.

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yh I'm only asking because I've only ever seen Ramien on the right with his preferred left arm fend and right arm carry. Players also started slapping at the ball when he tried to bump them off and that lead to errors so idk how flexible he is when it comes to positioning himself on the field.
Don't worry, Montoya will be Left

xreedmatic

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Very hard to tell.

He was on fire when he broke into grade at the Sharks, but since going to Newcastle he has been shit, regardless of his story of not seeing enough ball

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Josh Morris heading home to the Red V?
At least one very key figure at the club wants to try to lure Josh Morris home as a replacement for Euan Aitken, who has been told he can find another club in 2020.

Morris has been superb for Cronulla this season, highlighted by 11 tries in 19 games and his return to the Origin arena for NSW.

The extremely well-placed figure believes Morris, who started his career at Saints, would be ideal in adding instant experience to a backline that has failed miserably in 2019.

https://www.sportingnews.com/au/lea...llawarra-dragons/1pu30wttxq3ek141rrkm8n1z4r/2

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
At least one very key figure at the club wants to try to lure Josh Morris home as a replacement for Euan Aitken, who has been told he can find another club in 2020.

Morris has been superb for Cronulla this season, highlighted by 11 tries in 19 games and his return to the Origin arena for NSW.

The extremely well-placed figure believes Morris, who started his career at Saints, would be ideal in adding instant experience to a backline that has failed miserably in 2019.

https://www.sportingnews.com/au/lea...llawarra-dragons/1pu30wttxq3ek141rrkm8n1z4r/2
Its a dodgy source but it would make sense with the Sharks trying to make space for Ramien

surfdog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If the blokes just using us as a backup , withdraw the offer. Why would we sign a player that doesn't want to be here

Scorpio

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score

How the fark is St Merge "home" for Josh Morris.
He is one of ours.
He wasn't wanted their. He couldn't even cement a first grade spot....

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Yeh agree jmoz wouldn’t consider that home. Although I’m sure dragons would love him. Though Fucking short sighted to sign him with Lomax needing to play centre and jmoz being so close to retired.