DWZ done for the year?

ddt192

The Blue N White Butcher Stripe
Reaction score
DWZ is a soldier. It's gonna be a damn shame if he misses the rest of the year. One thing about tonight's performance is that we actually looked like Bulldogs out there... Loved the scramble.

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
A grade one shoulder charge is 200 he will be very lucky to get that. He will get 4-5 weeks minimum I think.
The on field ref before sending him to the bin stated "intent to hurt", the other thing as a few have mentioned there was a few times while I was watching the game I saw him lead with shoulder in previous tackles, I hope the judiciary take them into account....

magdog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
that's probably the worst shoulder charge in a while, should get 3 weeks for that
He went for his head. With all this hullabaloo about concussions and brain injuries this should be top of the line suspension territory. But the NRL will fuck it up unquestionably.

Should be 6-10 weeks. Then see if they even try it again. 3 weeks is a nice little holiday and has him playing finals. I’m sad though you’ll probably be right though!

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
It was a blatant shoulder charge and a little late, even gave him that "I fucked you up I'm a dirty scumbag look" to go.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Fucking dog shot on DWZ. The bloke should have been sent off not sin binned. It was a blatant shoulder charge to the head as well as being late. I did love that Jacko stood up for DWZ to that scum bag. Times like that is where I miss not being able job a bloke on the field, cuz it was totally warranted.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
yeh I didn't realise how late that was this pudgy bastard is gone
If there's any justice, he will sit it out till next year. Late, clear intension to take out opponent, shoulder charge. Hate to think if point of contact had been a little higher.

DWZ not a half but a playmaker so should be afforded the same protection as Cronk, Slater etc.

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We'll need to replace DWZ and Smith for the next two games i say

Probably Jackson too

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
For a guy who has only been at the club a short time he is a real bulldog the way he goes about things. I think they need to start negotiations with him now before we buy anyone else for 2021 and beyond.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
We'll need to replace DWZ and Smith for the next two games i say
Smith should only get fined it was a freakin love tap, and if Brooks can drop a knee into a players head and only get fined for it then same for Smith.

But knowing the Dogs they'll suspended him.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
For a guy who has only been at the club a short time he is a real bulldog the way he goes about things. I think they need to start negotiations with him now before we buy anyone else for 2021 and beyond.
He said the other day he loves the club and wants to stay here. Pretty sure he'll get another contract with us, he has all ready shown his worth in the little time he has been here, not just on the field but around the club also.

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Smith should only get fined it was a freakin love tap, and if Brooks can drop a knee into a players head and only get fined for it then same for Smith.

But knowing the Dogs they'll suspended him.
Hahaha i hope its only a fine. But was a clear headbutt loll. Wouldn't be suprised if he cops a few

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I think Brown should get 3 weeks for that . Miss the next 2 games and a finals match. As for Dallin possibly being out for the rest of the season I’m ok with that tbh, we aren’t making the finals and it’s the perfect time to give Meaney another taste at the back when he’s got a bit of confidence and purpose in his play, which can only benefit us in 2020

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
He said the other day he loves the club and wants to stay here. Pretty sure he'll get another contract with us, he has all ready shown his worth in the little time he has been here, not just on the field but around the club also.
Pretty clear how much the guys respect him. Best move he could have made coming to us where he can feel the love and know that he has made a real big difference to the players, club and supporters.

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's really sad to hear if true... Meaney back to Fullback and Okunbor back on the Wing I guess
My concern is that if DWZ is out & Okunbor is in, who replaces Remis on the other wing if he is out?
Dutchie could play wing if we have no other decent options, that's if our best option is a left centre, but we are pretty thin there too.

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
One brown gets the flick as a coach the same week another brown earns himself a few weeks on the sideline

Great time to be a brown
And you forgot another - NU BROWN gets to go & play for the Wests Tigers :yum:

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That’s what he said on channel 9. Said he is done for the season, and brown is a cat for not hitting him front on.
So it raises the question how do we change the team around to cover DWZ?

Hoppa Fullback
Lewis Centre
Cogger Half
??????