JMK Long Term 9?

ouwet

Bulldogs 4 Life
Reaction score
I've seen enough improvement in JMK over the last 2 months to say with confidence stuff Api. His defence has improved, his passing is slick, when he runs he's as quick as them all... He has shown he can play 80mins also.

Let's throw money at a centre and Holland has shown in the past he can be the utility...

Merimbula Man

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
He keeps improving, was outstanding defensively tonight. Would like to see him run more often, especially when we get a quick play the ball. Also needs to stop giving it to Tolman inside the red zone, we burn far too many tackles going one out when attacking there.

BondiBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think Holland can be an ok utility. Did a good job last year.
Looked a lot better than when Lichaa was DH. Wouldn't care too much if Api doesn't come as long as Lichaa is gone.

Precise

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I've always commented I was happy with JMK long term even last year he just needs time, his defensive tonight was top notch and never ending. Go for Jesse and forget about Api. Time to save some money and keep what players we've been building over the last two years.

BondiBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Unless we front load you can't 'save' money as you NEED to spend the cap.

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Whether or not we stick with JMK, I've never really thought Api was really anything special to throw all that $$$ at. I say let the Warriors have him.

Interestingg

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Defence was outstanding. Just needs to become more of an attacking/running threat, which he can learn off Api

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Just remember we can't keep everyone (in the 13 or 17) and need to upgrade in certain positions. We have money to spend so need to use it to bring some game winners in (we're winning with effort atm). Not necessarily talking about JMK, but I wouldn't be surprised if people started saying the same things about Meaney, Holland or Napa (starting).

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Him and Api are going to be an awesome 1-2 punch combo

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
What a defensive display from him tonight
He was hugeeeeeeee
Best game he’s played simple
Hopefully it’s the coming of age of jmk

Dogs2004

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Whether or not we stick with JMK, I've never really thought Api was really anything special to throw all that $$$ at. I say let the Warriors have him.
yeh warriors can have api as long as we make them pay overs for him the old Daniel mortimer trick

blue & white blood

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He keeps improving, was outstanding defensively tonight. Would like to see him run more often, especially when we get a quick play the ball. Also needs to stop giving it to Tolman inside the red zone, we burn far too many tackles going one out when attacking there.
JMK & LEWIS outstanding in defence tonight.

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
Nope not at the 9. For a utility yes. If the dogs are going to improve the 9 has to be a threat.

TOTTO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He definitely knows how to tackle him and Lewis .

Paulie Gualtieri

Previously Shrimp
Reaction score
JMK is still getting better and better. He is still a bench/back up 9 for mine. We need a 9 who can read numbers in attack, kick. Just think if we really want to be a premiership threat we need a better 9

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I've seen enough improvement in JMK over the last 2 months to say with confidence stuff Api. His defence has improved, his passing is slick, when he runs he's as quick as them all... He has shown he can play 80mins also.

Let's throw money at a centre and Holland has shown in the past he can be the utility...
Yep, I'm in. he really has steeped up! Playing 80 mins in a game like last nights game was a top effort. His pass selection is improving, and he is getting better at choosing when to run or pass with every game.
Remember when we all couldn't fathom why Pay had re-signed him and kept persisting with him? This humble pie tastes delicious.

Last edited:

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Much rather Api if we can get him at a good price and keep JMK on the bench. If not then no harm in persisting with him for another season and seeing what he can do.

Captain_Karisma

Waterboy
Reaction score
He was exceptional last night and last few weeks

We forget he started as a makeshift hooker so still learning his craft

Add some deception and sleight of hand work in the offseason and with the right tutelage he will be very solid