Dare to dream

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Seriously, stay with me on this one. Imagine if we win our next two games and then by some miraculous chance make the finals! Then, we make it through to the grand final and win!!!
Sure as hell I'm dreaming right now, but if this happened it would be one of the best comebacks in sporting history!!! Haha
#godogs come on @scooby get involved lol

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Seriously, stay with me on this one. Imagine if we win our next two games and then by some miraculous chance make the finals! Then, we make it through to the grand final and win!!!
Sure as hell I'm dreaming right now, but if this happened it would be one of the best comebacks in sporting history!!! Haha
I’m daring to dream flame, and well an truly with ya :grinning:

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I think if we make the 8 we will do a lot of damage. This team has guts and pride

blue & white blood

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, we did it before, I think it was 1980, when South Sydney scored a one point upset win against the Balmain, witch put us in in 5th position ( it was top 5 in those days ). Any way The Bulldogs where all packed to go on our end of year trip to Hawaii ,so they unpacked fought their way to the Grand Final & beat the Roosters in the Grand Final. That was a dream come true.

Dogs2004

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
interesting they mentioned the three teams with longest streak this season was Melbourne ofcourse eels and none other then the dogs third

James zac

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, we did it before, I think it was 1980, when South Sydney scored a one point upset win against the Balmain, witch put us in in 5th position ( it was top 5 in those days ). Any way The Bulldogs where all packed to go on our end of year trip to Hawaii ,so they unpacked fought their way to the Grand Final & beat the Roosters in the Grand Final. That was a dream come true.
1979 we lost to st George uncle remembers clearly

blue & white blood

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes I was there at the SCG got into a huge fight, Uncle is probably right but I know we did make the GF from 5th position through an upset in the Last game of that season, & we where the first team to ever achieve that
* First time in history Canterbury had both the top side and reserves into the Grand Final.

* First club to come from fifth place to make the Grand Final since the inception of five-team semi-finals.

The victory by Canterbury was just another chapter in the fairy tale rugby league story of the year.

blue & white blood

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bulldogs defy odds in 1979
History was denied, but also created when Canterbury’s end-of-season winning streak continued at the expense of Parramatta in the 1979 semi-final. Canterbury’s 20-14 victory denied Parramatta once again the chance of taking a history-making premiership, but at the same time the Bulldogs provided this stack of firsts for their club records:

* First time two sets of three brothers, Hughes’ and Mortimer’s, had been on the field in a final at the one time.

* First time three brothers, Steve, Chris and Peter, all scored in a final. The eldest of the Hughes, Garry, scored the other try.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I think if we make the 8 we will do a lot of damage. This team has guts and pride
Agree. Could get in a shit fight with most teams on this form and come out the other side. However bullish teams like the raiders with that adlib style will always tear us apart

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Making the 8 would be the comeback of all comebacks

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Tonight is make or break for us if Panthers and Broncos win we are done.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The 11 results which would need to go the Bulldogs’ way for them to qualify for the finals

ROUND 23: North Queensland beat Penrith, South Sydney beat Brisbane, Warriors beat Cronulla, Newcastle beat Wests Tigers

ROUND 24: Parramatta beat Brisbane, Sydney Roosters beat Penrith, Canberra beat Cronulla, St George Illawarra beat Wests Tigers

ROUND 25: Canberra beat Warriors, Wests Tigers beat Cronulla, Newcastle beat Penrith

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Tonight is make or break for us if Panthers and Broncos win we are done.
For me Spoonman i hope our dream to make the 8 continues but what the boys have done especially last night has restored a lot off pride to the Blue And White jumper, I am looking forward to our Home Broncos game hope the doggies supporters turn out in support. Congrats to the boys

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
For me Spoonman i hope our dream to make the 8 continues but what the boys have done especially last night has restored a lot off pride to the Blue And White jumper, I am looking forward to our Home Broncos game hope the doggies supporters turn out in support. Congrats to the boys
I’m not holding up much hope of the eight at all I think any chance will be over this weekend. Having said that I completely agree the boys deserve a massive crowd for that Bronco game.

Delta

Kennel Established
Reaction score
If the bulldogs don't make the finals in 2019... it would be a great argument for the wild card.

7 vs 10 and 8 vs 9 in 2 wild card matches.
The two winners then go into first round of playoffs.

A lot of the teams ahead of us are out of form and won't play well in the finals, unlike us. It would generate interest and big money in the game.