At What Price if any would you re-sign Foran

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Forans vwey important in our team but I would still ask Politis for a swap deal.. Keary for Foran ....

craigo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He’ll take a pay cut to stay I reckon. He’s already rich as fuck from this contract and knows that he owes the bulldogs more then what he has been able to give. He is a gun player when fit been playing awesome footy since coming back

BondiBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
500-600k from the cap plus third parties.
I think definitely a keeper.
If he was a 100% no doubt a million dollar half. Each game he plays he seems to have as much influence as Munster not saying he as good but the influence is on par and for mind Munster is pretty much the world's best player.

ElMagicElMasri

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
People actually falling into this trap FML. It’s dejavu on 2018.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
He just makes everyone around him look so much better especially when we are rolling forward.

BondiBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just expect the club to get his body right. If they succeed we'll have a world class half for cheap (the money people speculating)

Jackson_1994

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would offer him a 2 year deal worth 500 to 550k a season when fit he is class I would have a 3rd year option where if he don't play 70% of games in each of the 1st 2 years he then retires and then takes up a spot on our coaching staff and work with half's coming through by then hopefully the likes of Wakeman will be our starting 7

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I said 500k before he returned from injury. 600k possibly, but that's diffidently recency bias. I think it would really depend on how his injury record goes next season. When fit Foran is a 1m player (he also has leadership qualities). If we could get something extra outside of the cap (that wouldn't affect other players) then maybe we could do that? 3rd parties? I'm not sure...

Also Joey's really been pushing for him to go to the Knights for a few weeks now :sweatsmile:

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
People actually falling into this trap FML. It’s dejavu on 2018.
Not even close, we're not going to be signing him for 1.2m a season again (back ended)...

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
He’ll take a pay cut to stay I reckon. He’s already rich as fuck from this contract and knows that he owes the bulldogs more then what he has been able to give. He is a gun player when fit been playing awesome footy since coming back
Loyalty is rare in today's age. I'd expect everyone to take a more lucrative offer elsewhere (300k+ extra). Just to throw an e.g. out there, if Knights offered him 800-900k a year I'd expect him to be gone if our offer was 500-600k.

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Foran's still obviously a great player. Not just in attack - I loved the way he led our defensive line-speed for a lot of tonight. But mainly he just knows how to win and it lifts the young guys. (my only small criticism tonight is that he should have taken more control in the last 5 mins instead of Lewis).

Regardless of how good he is though, he is very injury prone and I wouldn't be offering anything until we see lots of fit footy well into next year. We've also got three young halves with potential to consider, plus a lot to spend for 2020, including enough for a young gun half depending on who's available.

I love the way he plays and leads though, so if he did miraculously stay fit and play well deep into next year, I'd offer him $700k for a couple of years.

ddt192

The Blue N White Butcher Stripe
Reaction score
I just get the feeling he'll want to stay with us. He probably knows he was rippin us on the last contract tbh lol I just get the feeling he'll take a pay cut and stay idk

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
Loyalty is rare in today's age. I'd expect everyone to take a more lucrative offer elsewhere (300k+ extra). Just to throw an e.g. out there, if Knights offered him 800-900k a year I'd expect him to be gone if our offer was 500-600k.
So be it. Value for money is more important.

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Incredible what few wins can do...
Not long ago almost every kenneler was abusing the hell out of him, suddenly he is a hero...that's fine,
The questions that needs answering, if he stays fit
Would he still want to stay with us ?
Does he finally feels Belmore is home ?
Will he accept a reasonable offer ?
Or none of the above
Is he trying that little extra to impress and secure an early exit from our club ?
The way football business done these days...Unfortunately it left me pessimistic !!!

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
He has 1 year left on his contract then he should be let go. I'm happy to go with Lewis/Cogger/Wakeham for 2021.

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd like to keep him. His experience is priceless for the young team.

His body isn't getting any younger and his injuries will always be there as we hear a lot how he needs to manage them so they will always hamper him ever year stopping him from playing a full season.

However, I'd like to think he has the clubs best interest when wanting a new contract and come to a fair and reasonable figure that justifies his time in the team, not out of it.

$350k

Last edited: