A fit Foran in 2019 we make the 8 vote

If Foran stays healthy this year do we make the 8?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

djdeep4172

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
A no brainer poll who thinks we make the 8 if Foran stays on the field all of 2019 considering
We are paying him 1 million plus
Vote yes or No
Then we can put the pay cant coach to bed once and for all

Last edited:

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Fucking oath we do. It’s a no brainer..!!

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
No a fit Foran plus dwz toomaga and rfm

Reactions: GDR

Stevo316

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
that's a good question, but it is hard to say because I question the team selection's for the first part of the year

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
the 2 points outside the 8 thing isnt our issue, its the F/A. While we have been winning, it hasnt been by big margins. I think 26 points will be needed. If we go 2/2 to finish the season, we get 24. But ill take 24 after the start we had this year. And it would be 3 more wins than last year

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
It is what it is.

To just miss out should inspire the guys that we are in fact competitive and can mix it with the big boys if everyone puts in. It should pay dividends next year if they learn from this.

We need Psy to learn from it as well and pick our best players. Just as importantly recognise the qualities they bring to their positions and make sure they are supported and their confidence as part of this club and team is nurtured. I do think he has hopefully turned a corner. Lets hope the silly selections are over and RFM and RT are used correctly. It makes the team so much more flexible and stronger to have power runners up the middle.

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Man I wish he was fit, he would be worth every cent if he even played 75% of the season. Wish something could be done to get him there, too late im guessing.

Delta

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Can't believe Hopoate started the year at fullback and Crichton was in the team as well... how far we have come.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Pointless hypothetical really. Foran will never play a full season of football.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I can't see us making the 8 this year.
We have missed the pre-season two seasons in a row which left the team too far off the pace to have any chance.
Also Foran being injured so much last two season as disrupted the teams balance.
If Foran is fit for most of next season and with the already signed players for next season and looks like more signings to come the club looks good to make it back into the top 8.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Its the defence that has changed and has won us these games.

We were still getting a couple of tries in the first half of the season but the thing that's changed is now we aren't leaking as many points.

So with that said I don't think we would have.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Its the defence that has changed and has won us these games.

We were still getting a couple of tries in the first half of the season but the thing that's changed is now we aren't leaking as many points.

So with that said I don't think we would have.
Yh we're more organised and disciplined in defence, that's probably the biggest difference along with fitness improving as the season went on and the team just having more desire and enthusiasm.

Delta

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Hoppa may end the year at Fullback.
I would put Meaney instead to bring Okunbor in.. not necessarily because Meaney > Hopoate but becuase the centre spot would be vacant... unless you want to put CHN at centre and bring in RFM...

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I would put Meaney instead to bring Okunbor in.. not necessarily because Meaney > Hopoate but becuase the centre spot would be vacant... unless you want to put CHN at centre and bring in RFM...
Thing is we aren't scoring enough points and while defence has been great Meaney doesn't offer anything in attack from the back, Hopoate does.

Delta

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Thing is we aren't scoring enough points and while defence has been great Meaney doesn't offer anything in attack from the back, Hopoate does.
yes maybe you are right. Meaney is much more potent on the wing... also hopoate has been there before.