What if we don't get a Hooker

What should we do?

• Get Josh Reynolds at low price with Tigers paying most of contract.

Votes: 4 4.8%
  • Resign Michael Lichaa (LMAO)

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Use JMK

Votes: 59 71.1%
  • Convert Lachlan Lewis into hooker

Votes: 8 9.6%
  • All these options are shit.

Votes: 11 13.3%

• Total voters

Delta

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Given the scenario where we miss out on Korosaiu, what should we do?

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
JMK has been improving massively, he will only be better next year... he’s definitely the answer if we don’t get a 9 it’s his for keeps in 2020.

Jackson_1994

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wasn't keen on JMK when we got him but he is turning in to a decent dummy half and has been getting better every week IF we miss out on API I would be fine in keeping JMK there and just hold out till the right 9 comes along and if that means in 2020 we need to either blood a youngster like of young Zac Hetherington as his cover or do what most people state and have a make shift 9 as a back up in the likes of either Cogger Lewis or Wakeman or if Nu Brown sticks around I would be happy with that if it means 2021 be can get a big fish I will be happy

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
use JMK as main Hooker and either sign Reynolds for cheap (Tigers paying a bit part of it) or resign Lichaa for 1 year.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
JMK is already twenty times the hooker Reynolds is and will ever be chiefs

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
JMK is already twenty times the hooker Reynolds is and will ever be chiefs
We need 2 Hookers. I think we need someone else with some experience that can play at least 30 minutes. Also if JMK gets injured then what. Also we want to have good competition for spots, regardless what you think of Reynolds I think he'd be good competition for JMK. When I look at what is available we really need Koroisau signing to come through tho.

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
Keep JMK and use Holland off the bench if we need a utility.

Then look to 2021 and see if referee CS9 can be enticed the benifits would be huge however unlikely. If CS9 plays on for Storm surely Brandon Smiths patience will be wearing thin and I would put the feelers out.

The only other upgrade on what we have imo would be Reed Mahoney also not available till 2021.

Might be better to hang off and see if JMK can continue his development or if another rookie emerges

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
JMK all day.

Wouldn’t care in the slightest if we miss out on Koroisau

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Harry Grant's another 1, but for 2021

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
You need a hooker. Can't have a makeshift hooker. The hooking position more important in today's game than a ball playing 1. Titans are going to have a fire sale. They have Peats and Rein. Both are better than JMK.
I would raid the next best thing. No use paying overs for 2020 or 2021. I would pay overs when he have an established squad and the final piece is that 9.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Just stay with JMK but we he’s the only hooker in the entire squad so we do need another one. I’d like to throw Hetherington into the top 30 but he would need a huge off season and a Cronulla like supplement program to bulk up because there’s not much of him.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Bring Isaac Luke in on a 1 year deal. His experience and aggression will be good for the young group.
Luke is definitely declining but out of these options getting him would probably be the best option.

Last edited:

liljohny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sound out Ennis or Buderus for some ongoing tuition for JMK.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
People really need to remember that a hooker, no longer "hooks". His primary function is at dummy half
and organising the plays. JMK is going OK. He tackles OK, he runs the ball OK.
His biggest weakness is his passing game. If he can improve that section of his play he will be OK.
I recall another hooker we have who had a similar passing game.