Jesse Ramien Consolidated Rumour Thread

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
We withdrew last week... I got told today.
I’d say cows then. I don’t think he will be staying with knights is what I was answering. New coach or not.

Sucks as we badly need a centre.

If true I hope we are going very hard at Joseph manu and or latrell. Otherwise remis go centre and sign semi ffs. Our backline needs urgent help.

Dwz, Smith are only two we lock in. Then hoppa is serviceable.

Two additions needed still in my eyes

Real1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’d say cows then. I don’t think he will be staying with knights is what I was answering. New coach or not.

Sucks as we badly need a centre.
Somethings happened I don’t know what, hopefully it gets all resolved

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Somethings happened I don’t know what, hopefully it gets all resolved
Who knows mate, could be you being fed bs (not saying it being rude just could be) could be Raimen doesn’t want to join us, could be Raimens deemed a cockhead. Could be money disagreement. Could be anything at all.

All I know is we need fucking quality backs urgently to help Dwz smith and at best hoppa.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
there Is usually only one reason... the dollars don’t make cents... see what happens I suppose.. if he wants to stay in Sydney then we are really the only club in the position to sign him.

Real1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Who knows mate, could be you being fed bs (not saying it being rude just could be) could be Raimen doesn’t want to join us, could be Raimens deemed a cockhead. Could be money disagreement. Could be anything at all.

All I know is we need fucking quality backs urgently to help Dwz smith and at best hoppa.
All good mate, I do know that at the beginning of negotiations we were holding firm, so it could be us simply walking away and saying the deal is there, take it or leave it but for now we walking away...

If I hear of any changes will let everyone know.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
No ramen in Bankstown, sorry.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
All good mate, I do know that at the beginning of negotiations we were holding firm, so it could be us simply walking away and saying the deal is there, take it or leave it but for now we walking away...

If I hear of any changes will let everyone know.
Sounds good mate

Cosmo24

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’d guess that we didn’t raise our offer or Ramien didn’t buy into our culture/plan during the interview (as we’ve been told is now happening).
If so, what if all the good centres next year don’t buy into it either? Extend Hoppa, Montoya and Holland again?

Brizdog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Hopefully its not because Euan Aitken is now avaialble. Please don't be this.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
I’d guess that we didn’t raise our offer or Ramien didn’t buy into our culture/plan during the interview (as we’ve been told is now happening).
If so, what if all the good centres next year don’t buy into it either? Extend Hoppa, Montoya and Holland again?
They are shit! No.

Hoppa we could tolerate another year or so with some quality added with remis and Dwz.

As the other guy said
Fuck no to aitken either

Daustin

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If the club has tabled an offer and refused to budge then good on them. If he wants to play in Sydney to stay close to his daughter than I suppose he can’t be too picky. Surely there aren’t many other clubs that would be able to accomodate him. Not too fussed at the moment he seems to be high maintenance

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Seriously guys, I know I have said it a couple of times but if this bloke is prepared to move away from his little girl for a few extra bucks then I'm stoked we haven't signed him. If that's the reason that is. These days with these guys it's seems to always be $$$. It will lead to something better!

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What people fail to understand is that Holland is also human.

He has been bashed by the fans and manipulated by the coach and his confidence is down and its affecting his play, you an see it in the body language.
12 months ago he was a frontrunner for an origin jersey and now he is struggling to hold down a first grade spot. You dont 'lose it' like this in one season unless other factors are at play. Hes on edge.

The best thing we can do as fans is support Kerrod.
We should make threads here dedicated to the positives he brings as a person and a player.

We should tell stories and share highlights of himat his best. Let him know we support him, and he is part of our club.

We should bring signs saying things like 'Holland will Amster-Slam you' and 'Blue eyes=More tries' to the game to support him.

Remember 5 clubs were trying to sign him two years ago.

Just get behind him. His ceiling of potential is huge, more than any other player in our squad except maybe Lewis.
Holland has had every opportunity to cement a spot in the team over the past few seasons and hasn't taken it with both hands. He is a fair player but has some flaws in his game that he needs to improve on most notably his defensive reads.

Remember this, we are an inexperienced team lacking talent in the backs and he doesn't have quality players in front of him keeping him out of the side but purely because he and only he has not shown he has been good enough to cement his position. That's on his shoulders as a player to excel his own game. He hasn't done so. I think he has the potential to as he has shown at times but we need it week in week out. He is a fringe NRL player at best atm.

This is not a dig at Holland just some facts but I can also say it for a number of players.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
If it's true that the club pulled the pin on an offer or he'll sign elsewhere (likely Cronulla) then it's not the end of the world..

Sure we desperately need another centre but Ramien is far from a proven commodity, comes with several question marks and would have been after 400-500k.

If we can nab another option for half the price without the baggage but with as much upside then I'll be happy. Or we can promote from within and hope that Averillo, Harper or someone else steps up...

Guys like Curtis Scott may still be available by the offseason so I'm happy the club didn't budge in this instance.

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
If it's true that the club pulled the pin on an offer or he'll sign elsewhere (likely Cronulla) then it's not the end of the world..

Sure we desperately need another centre but Ramien is far from a proven commodity, comes with several question marks and would have been after 400-500k.

If we can nab another option for half the price without the baggage but with as much upside then I'll be happy. Or we can promote from within and hope that Averillo, Harper or someone else steps up...

Guys like Curtis Scott may still be available by the offseason so I'm happy the club didn't budge in this instance.
Precisely. We are winning wthout strike players other than DWZ. The next signature should be a good signing that has no baggage. Something about him i dont like. Maybe its his public demands of what he wants in a team. Comes across as a chap who blames everyone else bar himself.