Dean Pay v Nathan Brown Article

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
All I want is to hear during the off season is nothing and that he team impresses the first 6-8 weeks next year.

James zac

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't think anyone other than a few usual suspects are suggesting Pay is a messiah..

But I think there is a bit of better moral amongst supporters that there has been signs of improvement.

Fuck, a win is a win and 5 from 7 is good and 8 from 10 would be even better, even if the other teams play poorly, fuck them.
Nah we turned a corner dwz has been a huge factor

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I tell you what, I will have a hard on for a week if we can beat Parramatta!!
That second half againt Souffs was pretty special and we should of had another try in that half.
Hopefully Foran is being kept in cotton wool during the week.

Last edited:

Blueandwhiteblood1968

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hope the board don't go jumping the gun a few games into next season, if we're winning that would be great but give Pay the whole season before extending his contract, the problem is the board who will more than likely re-sign Pay 1 or 2 games into next season.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Still not sold on pay.. but he is getting the best out of the team ATM and that's all we can ask ATM.. but like others have said , the acid test is first 2 months of next year.. especially fitness.. I want to see a supremely fit team next year round 1.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Still not sold on pay.. but he is getting the best out of the team ATM and that's all we can ask ATM.. but like others have said , the acid test is first 2 months of next year.. especially fitness.. I want to see a supremely fit team next year round 1.
Agree, we can't afford to miss another pre-season.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Pay has had a lot fall his way in the last few months. He’s got the team firing and if O’Brien goes to the Knights there’s not much out their in terms of replacements.

oldpuppy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hope the board don't go jumping the gun a few games into next season, if we're winning that would be great but give Pay the whole season before extending his contract, the problem is the board who will more than likely re-sign Pay 1 or 2 games into next season.
Agree. It's not as if other clubs are chasing him and we need to act in a hurry..I feel he will get a good chance to improve his coaching and to also have decent input in recruitment.
But next year is it. He fails he must go. We don't want a knights scenario with brown.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Our defence has improved slightly combined with the arrival of DWZ has seen us jag a few wins.
Teams have played poorly against us and also lost players in matches due to injury and we've defended well.
Our attacking structures are still non existent and we've still only won 14 games in almost 2 years.
Pay hasn't suddenly turned into the messiah ffs
DWZs arrival is absolutely the reason we have improved. He is a legitimate fullback and his strong carries inspire the entire team. He also possesses good positional play and links up with his outside backs very well.

A strong half combo and a world class Hooker will make a massive difference in years to come.

I do like Foran and Lewis, though Foran is on his last legs.. JMK has the potential to be the next Cook but needs to master the art of knowing the best times to run the ball and he definitely needs to learn how to draw and pass when in the clear, ball hogs in those situations.

The war chest will be ready in 2021, so Pay has 1 more year to experiment and build on the positive results observed late this year.

BulldogsNRL

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I think we make the 8 in 2020 looking at the team the late season surge is not like last year the vibes different this year there’s been a change I see a lot of the 90s bulldogs steel in the team
Oh Dean Pay has them playing like he used to

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Nathan Brown & Justin Holbrook have a few similarities don’t they, although Nathan Brown has a better haircut

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Our team is 25 times better than the knights teams that won the wooden spoons it’s not even close.

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think we make the 8 in 2020 looking at the team the late season surge is not like last year the vibes different this year there’s been a change I see a lot of the 90s bulldogs steel in the team
If anyone watched the post match coverage of our game v Souths last Saturday on Fox when Finch visited the Dogs sheds you would of seen the answers to our late season surge. It was 100% built on defence after the players had a meeting and drew a line in the sand (I think on the back of the bad loss to the Broncos).

It wasnt so much our D late last year as much as the players finally getting used to each other in attack after a couple of games together after letting Mbye and Woods go.

So I agree, this year feels different. The players are finally buying into a commitment to D. Weve still had massive attacking disruption to our spine....case in point changes to 1,6,7 and 9...with the guys chosen this week plus Cogger and Wakeham, all looking better prospects than weve had over recent years. Add in CHN, Toomaga, and last weeks rejuvenated RFM and next year is definately looking better.

I wish the boys all the best for the remainder of this season and lets hope we continue to build resilience in the pre season to allow us to start next year more positively.