News Beattie on the wayout?

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/othe...-by-peter-vlandys-as-arlc-chairman/ar-AAG1XgV

The Australian Rugby League Commission is set for a shake up with reports that chairman Peter Beattie will step down to be replaced by Peter V'landys.

According to journalist Danny Weidler, Beattie, who has been in the role since February last year, will make way for the current chief executive of Racing NSW next February.

Beattie has copped plenty of criticism during his time in the role, making several high-profile gaffes including recently mispronouncing the name of legendary rugby league pioneer JJ Giltinan at the Hall of Fame ceremony.

The former Queensland Premier hasn't been helped by a host of off-field dramas throughout his tenure.

Speaking on 100% Footy, Weidler said Beattie is set to depart, though NRL CEO Todd Greenberg is likely to accept an offer to remain in the position.

"There's been a lot of talk and a lot of disquiet about the performances of Peter Beattie as chairman and Todd Greenberg as CEO, and there are people who want both of them out of the game," Weidler said.

"The most likely scenario we're going to see is Beattie will be gone by February.

"Peter V'Landys will be the new chairman of the game and you'll find that Todd Greenberg will be offered a couple more years to be the CEO if he wants it.

"At this stage I am hearing, and who wouldn't because he's getting paid around $1.25 million-a-year, he'll probably accept that."

"I think he will be offered that and I think he will most-likely take it."

V'landys has built a reputation as an innovative sports administrator, famously rejuvenating the racing industry in the NSW on the back of the introduction of The Everest race.

Phil Gould was optimistic about the impact V'landys could have on the game in the role of ARLC chairman.

"From what I know of him he is very creative," Gould said.

"He's quite aggressive in his thinking, he's quite promotional in the ideas he'll come up with.

"I don't know his full history in the game of rugby league or his background in that part.

"But what he will do is hold all management accountable and he'll hold the financials of the organisation accountable. Far more accountable than it's been up to this point in time.

"He doesn't suffer fools, he doesn't suffer mediocrity and he's very cost-conscious.

"From what I understand in the questions that Peter V'Landys has asked there's been no justification for all the money that has gone aside.

"So I would say that will be the big improvement for the game, is the financial accountability."

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
Apparently greenturd is getting 2 more years extension.

Mr. Ditkovich

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wonder which person looked at the current state of the NRL, was satisfied with it, and offered Greenberg a contract.

Paulie Gualtieri

Previously Shrimp
Reaction score
Hope so, the guy is a cancer to Rugby League and on top of that he is just cringe worthy. Also a fuckwit did I mention that absolute fuckwit

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
Isn't the CEO a more important position. Greenberg runs the game day to day. The Chairman over see and works with the board. I would think we need V'landys hands-on day to day because the NRL is pretty fucked atm.

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wonder which person looked at the current state of the NRL, was satisfied with it, and offered Greenberg a contract.
Peter Beattie's parting gift.
Fucking another 2 years under this idiot of a CEO? The game be will destroyed.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I can't say i'm that ecstatic about a gambling guy being appointed chairman.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Cam Smith will be next CEO...Toddy keeping the seat warm for him until he's had one more year with the Storm...made sure no one can ever beat his points record and games tally and a year off to spend with the wife. 2 year extn for Greenberg till Smith available :grinning:

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
I hope this is true. This guy is an absolute embarrassment.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Beattie is nothing more than a sacrificial lamb, a scape goat with game attendances plummeting and TV viewing dropping drastically, so his lord and stink pot GreenTURD can keep the top job. GreenTURD still hasn't finished the job he set out to do, slowly ride the game of Rugby League into the ground while waiting for his chance to jump ship and join Cricket Australia.

Last edited:

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
peter beattie is the 2nd biggest dud employed by the nrl he will be no loss, however bringing in peter vlandys will shake up the whole organization, he will have everyone towing the 1 line, very professional, but very much self-focused its his way all the way, he is the best sports administrator around today, he set up the financial side of harness racing nsw before moving onto the gallops