Opinion Turbo brothers have formally rejected Bulldogs

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
They're the best players available in their positions that we can get for the 2021 season. I think Tedesco is slightly better then Tom, but the difference isn't much tbh. I also disagree Taumalolo is out right better then Jake. The difference between 2 examples is almost nothing and they're both 1m players in the eyes of everyone.
Taumalolo is the best forward in the game I don’t know what you’re talking about? Jurbo is closer to the level of Arrow who is also off contract at the same time.
They have indicated that they want to be Manly for life so this all a moot point anyway

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Why would they come to a club with dean gay as head coach. Hasler was apparently a shit coach and doing better than gay so no sense in coming to the bulldogs.

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Des has been monitoring their every move with GPS on their ipads, of course they weren't able to have a meeting.

Last edited:

BulldogsNRL

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Push hard for the roosters players. They can’t possibly have all thoses players with out rorting the cap so have a attack at the roosters players.

BulldogsNRL

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I would like to to how Reimis Smith would go as a fullback, he can run catch step so I would give him a shot cause he could be leathel at fullback with more ball

kaluah8123

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No surprises there. Now let's not do them a favour by taking Api off their hands to clear cap space for them and just ride it out with JMK til a cheaper, young option becomes available.

Hopefully that means they can't match offers for Fainu, Cust, AFB etc down the road.

I still think Turbo is overrated and not worth what it would take to sign him. He is a great talent but injury prone and makes a tonne of errors. He has games where he completely dominates and others where he's just another good player.

Jake is way more consistent but also not worth more than $1 million a year or whatever it would take him to leave.
Jake is the one I would want. We have DWZ who has been nothing but sensational since his arrival.

I would take AFB from their side and that is it. A dominant forward and a centre is what the Dr ordered.

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Until they've resigned I'm not giving up. We'd literally kill their club ("rip their heart out") for a few years if we were able to get them. If this article is true tho I think it was always going to be unlikely they'd want to talk before the season is over and technically we can't speak with them until after November.
Dude, they will "rip their own heart out" themselves. They will backend DCE and the brothers' contracts until there cap is screwed.

CeeEss

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Offer them $1.5 million each to make Dessie pay more for them.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
I knew they would stay at Manly but I'm really interested to see how Manly go when 3 players are on marquee money. Must be a huge percentage of their 30 man cap...

Bluebody

The Strategist
Reaction score
This article seems to be more spin for a sensational angle than fact and reality. Every part of it is skirting around the details of what’s happened and is actually happening.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Totally agree, it's a publicity stunt
Formal or informal the club would not and can not engage in contract discussions
With all the jumping in quick regarding contentious issues with the Bulldogs, you'd have thought in fairness Toddy woulda jumped in to correct the gossip hound re accusing us of approaching players.

Nah of course not. Not a peep unless it's to have a go at us.