Opinion Hoppa & Holland

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Hoppa has been one of our best under Pay week in week out and makes more metres than almost every centre in the comp as well as being solid in defence and fielding kicks. The longer he plays for the club, the better he gets it seems.

Holland has been dreadful this year and isn't a FG calibre player in the slightest. I'd love to see Harper or Averillo given a shot the last few games.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Way to start another one.

I even posted last night by half time that Holland should be hooked. What was it, 2 penalties and 3 dropped balls in great position when building pressure or was it the other way around. Second half he was quiet which was a win considering.

Just when I was feeling good another troll session.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yh the defence has improved big time so I guess I'll give Pay credit there... really should've been a key focus much earlier on though and then built off that. Less chopping and changing between players, DWZ arrival and our general fitness improving as the season went on also could've contributed to the defensive improvement along with whatever changes they have made behind the scenes. One of the other articles had Hill mention we have brought in certain staff to help Pay and that could be another factor.
No doubt they're all factors. It's a process, and it takes time regardless. I think pay has done a pretty good job keeping the teams moral up, and keeping them focused enough to get to where they are at right now. Not saying he is a great coach, but as I said in another thread, nothing's ever all bad, and I'm sure he is doing a lot of good things behind the scenes that will help this team evolve to a point where they can be contenders again.

Big M

Kennel Established
Premium Member
Reaction score
No doubt Lewis helps but Holland has been defending very well in his own right. And upon review of the stats - he topped the 1on1 tackle count for the game.

Credit paid where credits due.
Holland also broke a finger on his left hand in the first 20 minutes so I hear.If you watch you can see the strapping applied.

liljohny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
What I see is Lewis needed to make that tackle as he initially slipped over thus creating the overlap and putting holland in 2 mind. I still think Lewis covers for him a lot of the time but that cover was needed from his own fuck up
Yes probably a good point. Lewis did slip over.

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
What I see is Lewis needed to make that tackle as he initially slipped over thus creating the overlap and putting holland in 2 mind. I still think Lewis covers for him a lot of the time but that cover was needed from his own fuck up
Correct.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Holland also broke a finger on his left hand in the first 20 minutes so I hear.If you watch you can see the strapping applied.
Wonder if he play with it for the rest of the year? I guess Harper could debut but he hasn't been impressive in reggies.

Big M

Kennel Established
Premium Member
Reaction score
Lewis slips over and Holland quickly changes to take the inside man,if he doesn’t then he scores.More like centre unselfishly covering for his inside defender.If Roberts scores then The Kennel would have wanted Holland’s head,just shows that it pays to look at the whole picture

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
To be honest Hoppa has been solid/consistent for the past few years

But he still has his detractors on here (that whole non play Sunday thing) I guess

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
To be honest Hoppa has been solid/consistent for the past few years

But he still has his detractors on here (that whole non play Sunday thing) I guess
His acceleration still kills me, swear he moves like Tolman at times lol.

ddt192

The Blue N White Butcher Stripe
Reaction score
Holland is a shit ****.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Both will be gone by 2021 unless they suddenly become try scoring magicians.