Opinion Turbo brothers have formally rejected Bulldogs

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
The club has been in talks with a few players regarding extensions I know Jacko, Reimis and DWZ are well down the line of getting done. I’m not sure about anyone else.
That's good!! DWZ has been really good and the whole backline has been better with him at fullback.

top-dog

bulldog 4 life
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Fuck them we don’t need manly rubbish anyway .

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
That's good!! DWZ has been really good and the whole backline has been better with him at fullback.
We really have no excuse for not keeping anyone on the current roster we want to keep unless they want stupid money.

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Canterbury transfer blow as Trbojevic brothers decline meeting

The NRL’s hottest properties, Jake and Tom Trbojevic, have knocked back a request to meet with Canterbury and declared they want to sign with Manly for life.

The Daily Telegraph understands the Bulldogs inquired about the brothers’ plans and sought an informal meeting to gauge interest.

However, Tom and Jake politely declined to meet with Bulldogs management because their hearts lie in Manly and they want to focus entirely on the Sea Eagles’ top four charge.

It’s another strong indication that Manly will nail down the Trbojevics long-term before they enter the open market on November 1.

Jake and Tom Trbojevic want to be at Manly for life. Photo: Brett Costello

“I don’t want to have the possibility of them even looking at other offers or other clubs,” Manly skipper Daly Cherry-Evans said.

“Selfishly, that’s why I want them locked away as soon as possible.”

SFX Sports Group’s Paul Sutton, Tom and Jake’s agent, will continue contract negotiations with Sea Eagles coach Des Hasler to try to seal the deal sooner rather than later.

The brothers spoke about their desire to remain at Brookvale on Monday.

Jake Trbojevic has no desire to be anywhere else. Photo: Kelly Defina/Getty Images
“We’re Manly boys and we don’t want to leave Manly but in rugby league you never know what is going to happen,” Jake said.

“In an ideal world, we would love to play our whole careers here. That’s what we’re hoping for. Hopefully it will be sorted soon.

“We’re trying not to worry about it. We have the rest of this year and all of next year.

“It’s an exciting time for the club, so you don’t want to be talking about contracts.

“It hasn’t been a distraction. We don’t really talk about it or worry about it.

“We hope it’s sooner rather than later but we’re not too worried.”

There isn’t a club that wouldn’t want Tom. Photo: Phil Hillyard
Tom and Jake are off contract at the end of next season but can field formal offers from November 1.

“We love this club and hopefully we can stay here forever. It will get sorted,” Tom said.

“We really enjoy being at this footy club and what this footy club is doing.

“We have always been in the area, this is where we’re form. We’re not too worried. It’s a long way away.”

Reminded of the November 1 deadline, Tom said: “In terms of NRL rules, that’s the case. But I don’t really look at it like that.

“I’ve got another year-and-a-half here at Manly and am really looking forward to it.”

The Sea Eagles know how important the brothers are. Photo: Cameron Spencer/Getty Images
Their Manly teammates are waiting patiently for the deals to be done.

“They want to stay and I’m sure the club wants them to stay,” Cherry-Evans said. “We are just waiting for it to happen.

“Everyone wants it to happen so I guess that’s why people get antsy towards the situation because you’re just going, ‘why aren’t they locked away yet?’

“But there’s a lot more to it and there’s so much to figure out in this day and age for clubs when it comes to salary caps.

“I do understand why it’s taking so long.”
Regardless of whatever happens my opinion is...
They will not and do not belong at Belmore
They will only come for the money, like the gold digger Hitler Hasler did before them
They are very good talent but we would have to pay overs to get them...there are better and cheaper options

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
An informal meeting to discuss interest to join our club? Seeing as they aren’t off contract until 2021 I don’t know why we would be meeting with them unless we want to get fined
Totally agree, it's a publicity stunt
Formal or informal the club would not and can not engage in contract discussions

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Regardless of whatever happens my opinion is...
They will not and do not belong at Belmore
They will only come for the money, like the gold digger Hitler Hasler did before them
They are very good talent but we would have to pay overs to get them...there are better and cheaper options
Actually there are no better options, they're the best players in their positions... we have to over pay any player we sign unless they're unwanted by their current club. That's why you've seen us linked with Ramien, Koroisau, Ese'ese (even DWZ wasn't wanted)...

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Actually there are no better options, they're the best players in their positions... we have to over pay any player we sign unless they're unwanted by their current club. That's why you've seen us linked with Ramien, Koroisau, Ese'ese (even DWZ wasn't wanted)...
Neither is the best player in their position while Tedesco and Taumalolo are still around

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
They are brilliant players who would be a huge asset for any squad in the NRL.
Maybe if you write them a letter and say pretty please, they will have a change of heart.

Just because they are good doesn’t mean they are a good fit for the club. They were never coming and they aren’t needed.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Maybe if you write them a letter and say pretty please, they will have a change of heart.

Just because they are good doesn’t mean they are a good fit for the club. They were never coming and they aren’t needed.
I don't really care, but people kicking stones saying they're not that good are just nuts.

ash160

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’m not even disappointed about this....we would have had to pay huge money for them and I don’t see Manly winning any comps any time soon with them either especially if they have to pay big overs at the expense of other quality and cheaper signings.

They are both great players especially Turbo but they can stay at Manly, who gives a crap

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
What a farce this whole 'story' was. Some clowns in the media made it up and even worse is people on the Kennel were getting hyped up over it thinking we were going to sign them HAHAHA

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I’m not even disappointed about this....we would have had to pay huge money for them and I don’t see Manly winning any comps any time soon with them either especially if they have to pay big overs at the expense of other quality and cheaper signings.
Agreed! I have totally gone off the idea of going out and spending huge money on a marquee signing like Latrell or the Turbo's. The money you have to spend to get them to change clubs just isn't worth it.

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You're missing the point.
I’m replying to what you said? Do you disagree?
If you mean they are the best players available in those positions that isn’t really true yet either. They are contracted until the end of 2020 season and can’t be offered a deal by another club before November 1st this year. Manly could make them an offer now and they are never on the market or available for us to make a counter offer

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I’m replying to what you said? Do you disagree?
If you mean they are the best players available in those positions that isn’t really true yet either. They are contracted until the end of 2020 season and can’t be offered a deal by another club before November 1st this year. Manly could make them an offer now and they are never on the market or available for us to make a counter offer
They're the best players available in their positions that we can get for the 2021 season. I think Tedesco is slightly better then Tom, but the difference isn't much tbh. I also disagree Taumalolo is out right better then Jake. The difference between 2 examples is almost nothing and they're both 1m players in the eyes of everyone.