Opinion Turbo brothers have formally rejected Bulldogs

The Innovator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
They are 10000/1 to leave Manly. The Bulldogs were never in hunt. Just the usual arsehole managers trying to up the price of their clients. The Bulldogs have bigger fish to fry.

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
lol they rejected a meeting, was just a meeting couldn't even get passed that
Yeah, I find that weird, I was once given the sagely advice of “it never hurts to have a conversation and understand what other companies are offering”.

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
No surprises there. Now let's not do them a favour by taking Api off their hands to clear cap space for them and just ride it out with JMK til a cheaper, young option becomes available.

Hopefully that means they can't match offers for Fainu, Cust, AFB etc down the road.

I still think Turbo is overrated and not worth what it would take to sign him. He is a great talent but injury prone and makes a tonne of errors. He has games where he completely dominates and others where he's just another good player.

Jake is way more consistent but also not worth more than $1 million a year or whatever it would take him to leave.
100% if they think we are going to take Api off them to assist their cause. They made their bed, they can lie in it.

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Get bloody Klemmer to read this. If you enjoy playing for a club you shouldn’t even consider the prospect of leaving. Klemmer was probably more bulldog than these guys are manly, yet he walked as soon as he smelt the coin
I reckon he regrets leaving.

TOTTO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I always thought the managers have the meetings first then players.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
The issue manly will run into is with 3 players on a mill plus marty t on big coin and with player managers not allowing and 3rd party promises at manly due to their bad form in the past not paying that puts alot of strain on their cap

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
There’s no more back ended contracts aloud in the nrl .
I think you can still backend deals, but at a way smaller percentage than before. So you won't see any more Eastwood deals where he gets 300k a year for the first two seasons and then $1 million in the last year.

Which is a shame as I guarantee if allowed, Des would do the same thing there and cap fuck them again.

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Not at all surprised and dont care DWZ for me. DWZ is Talented, reliable and not expensive.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
They are manly born and raised and probably should stay where they are. You look around now and quite a few teams have 5 or so players taking up half their cap. There is going to be plenty of good players pushed out and we will be in the prime position to make a play without paying overs. Especially if we keep winning.

Aristidiz

Bullwog
Reaction score
Wow dummies, I mean Jake looks a little special, but seriously. Even if they weren't ever actually considering leaving Manly why would you blatantly come out and say it and forfeit 100s of thousands of dollars. They need Ponga's manager

liljohny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good on them for wanting to remain loyal to the club that gave them a start. Pity they weren't around in the mid 2000s...might have been good role models for Anasta, Mason, Price, omeley and $bw

Grechy21

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I will never understand the wankfest over Jake Trbojevic.

capt obvious

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Im personally happy for them to stay at manly, would loved to have them at belmore but local juniors is a different story, now if someone like the the roosters get them id be filthy!

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Titans will offer them a Hayne like deal. They are desperate lol

This whole story was just media bullshit.