TV Ratings Plummeting

Chrisaaar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hope it goes under so this **** loses his job.

BTW I just googled his name, look what someone did to his profile LOL:

upload_2019-8-19_14-47-49.png

ThePedigree

Blue Ribbon
Reaction score
The pinch is felt when ever the Bulldogs have a bad season too. Just being felt even more this year because NRL is a shitter and more corrupt than ever

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Yep dickheads running the show, change the rules that much they have confused themselves let alone us. Corrupt as

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Whilever the Suttons are heading up the refs then what do ya expect.

Chrisaaar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The NRL will continue to suffer whilst the same dirty teams (franchises) continue to get away with dirty tactics, ref favoritism and salary cap rorting.

How can fans be interested when they seem the same shit year in year out?

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I would like the nrl to explain how teams like roosters and titans or us are operating under the same cap

Blueandwhiteblood1968

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What does the NRL expect, tickets are dear, drinks and food are dear, Thursday night is stupid as there are people who work, which means they work Friday but the main reason is it isn't affordable for families.
Greed is killing the attendance and that will never change, what's that saying, Never let the truth get in the way of a good story, how about hold the greedy fucks who run the NRL accountable, but that's the truth and Danny weilder won't say the truth as it will mean the end of his rugby league reporting gig.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Betting agencies have run the game for awhile now and it’s been a rapid decline since. The game is fucked

Bozzo

Kennel Established
Reaction score
People can see through corruption that is amids the game... gambling agencies major sponsors... rotten refs and dud post game review committee... unprecedented judiciary decisions... couple of teams can sign anyone they want while others are struggling under the cap... what else can they be hoping for...

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
No surprise there but what is also alarming are the actual bums on seats at the game. A lot of people that I talk to who used to religiously attend their clubs home matches don't bother much now because of the way in which the game is being run. Nepotism is rife with the favoured ones ( and let's be honest here we all know who they are) getting more and more favours from those who run the game.

Todd Greenberg has no interest in getting bums on seats he has always been more interested in the big dollars that the broadcasters are paying to have a fair say in what game is played when. That is now backfiring in a big way and I can't say that it is a shock to me at least. I have been talking about the poor treatment of the fans and certain teams over the years and I guess now a lot more are thinking the same way.

A real big turnoff are the names that are now firmly entrenched in their " jobs after the game" and their biased and twisted views on certain personalities and their ex- teams.

Hubby made the comment about the betting in the game being a problem and he is right there. How can the game be perceived as a level playing field and an uncompromised entity when you can bet on just about anything and have that shoved down your throat from the first to the last game of each round.

People are taking on board all the problems with the game and are voting with both their feet and their Foxtel subscriptions and a decline in free to air ratings.

liljohny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
1. Fuck Greenberg off.
2. Fuck Sutton off.
3. Fuck Beatie off.
4. BRING BACK THE BIFF.

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dont watch it boys. Turn it off. If everyone turns there back we will get change.
If we dont get beattie and greenberg out fast. The game is already dead.
They are turning it into netball, unless your sam burgess. What a corrupt shit sport rugby league has become.
2 blokes in charge of the game that have absolutely zero knowledge of rugby league.
What else would u expect !

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Peter Beattie to be replaced as chairman of ARLC by NSW Racing's Peter V'landys: Report

https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/peter-...-vlandys/512ce338-7360-4e4e-bf1d-79407c963fdf

Peter Beattie is set to be replaced as chairman of the Australian Rugby League Commission by NSW Racing chief executive Peter V'landys, reports veteran rugby league reporter Danny Weidler.
According to Weidler, Beattie will make way for V'landys in February 2020, ending a two-year tenure which has been marked by an off-season from hell and the controversial 'no fault' stand-down policy.
Beattie's successor is widely considered one of Australia's most successful sports administrators, having revitalised NSW's racing industry, bringing in more than $1 billion in new revenues.
According to Weidler's report, NRL CEO Todd Greenberg will opt into a two-year contract extension, effectively forming a new power structure atop the organisation.

Speaking on Nine's 100% Footy, Weidler said there was a growing disillusionment around the game concerning the Greenberg-Beattie leadership.
"There's been a lot of talk and a lot of disquiet about the performances of Peter Beattie as chairman and Todd Greenberg as CEO, and there are people who want both of them out of the game," Weidler said.
"The most likely scenario we're going to see is Beattie will be gone by February. Peter V'Landys will be the new chairman of the game. And you'll find that Todd Greenberg will be offered a couple more years if he wants it.

"At this stage I am hearing, and who wouldn't because he's getting paid around $1.25 million-a-year, he'll probably accept that.
"Greenberg's got a lot of critics. I've been very strong in criticising him over a lot of things … But generally the game has got some money now behind it. It's doing its bit for grassroots. I don't think its flying in any area. But I think Greenberg will be offered, has got around the end of the year, he's got to make a decision on whether he wants to take a two-year option. I think he will be offered that and I think he will most-likely take it."

V'landys accepted a position as an independent board member on the ARLC 18 months ago.
Should he assume the role of ARLC chairman, the 57-year-old claimed he would be able to maintain his position with Racing NSW concurrently.
"The workload is pretty intense but I just get up earlier each day and get on with it," he told The Daily Telegraph.

"I'm just one member of a team at Racing NSW and the ARLC and both organisations have high-powered boards and very good executive management structures. If I was made chairman of the ARLC, I can do both jobs. I will definitely stay as Racing NSW chief executive."

NRL guru Phil Gould assured V'landys' appointment to chairman coupled with his proven financial acumen would be a much needed firm hand on the game's expenditure.

"From what I know of him he is very creative," Gould told Nine's 100% Footy. "He's quite aggressive in his thinking, he's quite promotional in the ideas he'll come up with.
"I don't know his full history in the game of rugby league or his background in that part. But what he will do is hold all management accountable and he'll hold the financials of the organisation accountable. Far more accountable than it's been up to this point in time."

Asked by Weidler whether his "aggressive" approach may be problemeatic for Greenberg to negotiate, Gould was blunt.
"He doesn't suffer fools, he doesn't suffer mediocrity and he's very cost conscious," he said.
"As I have said for over a decade, there has been a lot of wastage around NRL administration, NRL management, NRL programs for a long time.
"From what I understand in the questions that Peter V'Landys has asked there's been no justification for all the money that has gone aside. So I would say that will be the big improvement for the game, is the financial accountability."

Greenturd getting paid 1.25 mil per year to be completely useless....... Yeah I would say he will accept a contract extension.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
"Gould said ...From what I understand in the questions that Peter V'Landys has asked there's been no justification for all the money that has gone aside. So I would say that will be the big improvement for the game, is the financial accountability."

A $15,000 ring to Smith's wife wasn't the first rorting collective captain's call.

The Innovator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’m not surprised. Channel 9’s coverage is horrendous. As good as Ray Warren was, he’s nearing 80. Matt Thompson gives me a migraine. He fucking screams at you. I refuse to watch 9 when he’s calling.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
This is probably my fault.

I have a Neilsen box and I have not been watching many games at all recently. Sorry NRL.

I’m not surprised. Channel 9’s coverage is horrendous. As good as Ray Warren was, he’s nearing 80. Matt Thompson gives me a migraine. He fucking screams at you. I refuse to watch 9 when he’s calling.
KEN OATH. Channel 9 is so, so bad. I watch on Foxtel if I ever do watch these days, and my Foxtel is web based so not as bright and nice as HD 9 and slightly delayed and I will still pick it over 9.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
This is probably my fault.

I have a Neilsen box and I have not been watching many games at all recently. Sorry NRL.

KEN OATH. Channel 9 is so, so bad. I watch on Foxtel if I ever do watch these days, and my Foxtel is web based so not as bright and nice as HD 9 and slightly delayed and I will still pick it over 9.
I had no idea those were actually still a thing!