Hazem 342 v Dogs 2019

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Once again the challenge is on for the Bulldogs entire 2019 team to try catch Hazems individual tally of 342 in 2004.

Currently we have scored 276 and need 66 to draw and 67 to surpass him with 3 rounds remaining.
Our upcoming opponents are

Eels
Cowboys
Broncos

Be interesting to see if we can get it. If we keep playing the way we have, we could do it especially against Cowboys..

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
It's a crazy stat though and shows how far off the team is from being where it needs to be.

Was this the stat last season and the team didn't end up beating Hazem?

Over the offseason we need to significantly improve our attack and not just through recruiting. If they play with the attacking mentality they had in the second half against Souths moving forward then we'll be much more of a force moving forward.

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I’ve honestly been waiting patiently for this thread to be posted in here or pop up in the DT
Lol it honestly took longer than it. thought

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I only thought of it as Latrell Mitchell has nearly outscored our whole team this year...

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Your not comparing apples with apples here.

In 2004 there were 26 rounds. Played 24 and two byes. In 2019 there are 25 rounds. Play 23 and two byes.
So in actual fact El Masri played one extra game.

Thread closed.

Last edited:

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
If we target Clifford’s edge against the cowboys we are a chance of posting a big score there the other two games not so much

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I would rather not beat El Magic tally

Win all 3

Hope everyone else miraculously lose

Jag a playoff spot

MitchNewton

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Once again the challenge is on for the Bulldogs entire 2019 team to try catch Hazems individual tally of 342 in 2004.

Currently we have scored 276 and need 66 to draw and 67 to surpass him with 3 rounds remaining.
Our upcoming opponents are

Eels
Cowboys
Broncos

Be interesting to see if we can get it. If we keep playing the way we have, we could do it especially against Cowboys..
That includes finals games where hazem scored about 40 points

HaceDog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
No, we have 25 rounds and have 1 bye. We also have a regular season of 24 games.

In 2004 there were 26 rounds. Played 24 and two byes. In 2019 there are 25 rounds. Play 23 and two byes.

Thread closed.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Hazems got this in the bag.. Thats embarrassing..

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We really do need a restructure of our attack. Not sure why we still persist with hitups on the opposition try line.

There was a set last week, tolman, Smith, Elliot all took nothing hit ups. We had jmk go from dummy half and on the last Lewis tried to run around his man but had no speed only to get tackled 5 out.

Our best set was CHN second try. So many players in motion. Defence had no idea and Foran hit CHN with a great ball to go through untouched.

One out hitups don’t work at the best of times let alone attacking the line.

Not sure if we go to training every week and are instructed to play this way. Or we just arent skilled enough to do anything else.

Maybe 1 settling hitup with a quick play the ball. 1 attempt from dummy half. But 3-4 of the plays need to be in our halves hands with players in motion. Anyone can see that. Yet we go one out.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
We really do need a restructure of our attack. Not sure why we still persist with hitups on the opposition try line.

There was a set last week, tolman, Smith, Elliot all took nothing hit ups. We had jmk go from dummy half and on the last Lewis tried to run around his man but had no speed only to get tackled 5 out.

Our best set was CHN second try. So many players in motion. Defence had no idea and Foran hit CHN with a great ball to go through untouched.

One out hitups don’t work at the best of times let alone attacking the line.

Not sure if we go to training every week and are instructed to play this way. Or we just arent skilled enough to do anything else.

Maybe 1 settling hitup with a quick play the ball. 1 attempt from dummy half. But 3-4 of the plays need to be in our halves hands with players in motion. Anyone can see that. Yet we go one out.
I think it comes back to the quality of our players just look at the difference when Foran connects with CHN as opposed to Lewis.

Foran makes is look easy while Lewis looks like a new born giraffe trying to put CHN into space.

I think the attack has been so dumbed down to make it as easy as possible to execute without mistakes.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I think it comes back to the quality of our players just look at the difference when Foran connects with CHN as opposed to Lewis.

Foran makes is look easy while Lewis looks like a new born giraffe trying to put CHN into space.

I think the attack has been so dumbed down to make it as easy as possible to execute without mistakes.
Yeh I agree with you. But I still think we have no set plays at all. Don’t even remember the last time anyone out Jackson through a gap.

Sad thing is cogger can actually create space for his man and has the instinct to slice the defence open if he sees half a gap. Always a threat. Yet we use Lewis who can’t pass or run at an nrl level.

That run he did on the past where he tried to run around his man was a bit embarrassing. He is a poor mans Reynolds. Atleast josh used to beat his man with that play.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yeh I agree with you. But I still think we have no set plays at all. Don’t even remember the last time anyone out Jackson through a gap.

Sad thing is cogger can actually create space for his man and has the instinct to slice the defence open if he sees half a gap. Always a threat. Yet we use Lewis who can’t pass or run at an nrl level.

That run he did on the past where he tried to run around his man was a bit embarrassing. He is a poor mans Reynolds. Atleast josh used to beat his man with that play.
I don't want to fire up the whole Lewis v Cogger debate but Cogger was showing some very good signs before last weekend and I was looking forward to having two attacking threats on both sides of the ruck.

Picking Lewis just shows you the conservative mindset that Pay has when it comes to attacking football. Even when we have had field position for a match sealing field goals we die with the ball.

Its working for the minute but I'm not sure how sustainable it is.

Mr. Ditkovich

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't want to fire up the whole Lewis v Cogger debate but Cogger was showing some very good signs before last weekend and I was looking forward to having two attacking threats on both sides of the ruck.

Picking Lewis just shows you the conservative mindset that Pay has when it comes to attacking football. Even when we have had field position for a match sealing field goals we die with the ball.

Its working for the minute but I'm not sure how sustainable it is.
I think the plan is for it to only be a fix until we get to the preseason.

We’ve officially avoided the spoon, and until Lewis came back, defence was a bigger issue than attack, so having Lewis there for the rest of the year seems logical.

We still have a chance at the finals, and I think defence will win us more games than attack currently.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score

Thread closed.
Not quite. There is only 1 bye this year, so we also play 24 games.

But I think Haz's score includes all of the finals, so he did play 4 more games :grinning:

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
Maybe do a little research first buddy all teams are still playing 24 games. Just 2 less bye now

Thread closed.