DWZ is the best signing the Bulldogs have made since Morris in 2015

Malpass

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
He has been a revelation...I love how he brings the ball back each time. I'm sure it's lifted the boys cause I have noticed tolman is running with quicker leg speed as is chris Smith and Elliott .they were all punching holes in the rabbits defence.
That's the best game Elliot has played attack wise for ages.RFM was dangerous when he came on .nothing against Danny f but he doesn't offer much in attack

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
And in february when i said hes the best fullback to come here to us.
99 percent of posters rubbished me and told me hes not a fucking fullback. Now look at everyone licking his bum. Lol
LOL. He’s an amazing player and Meaney is very fortunate that he is even playing in the team right now

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Pfft I'd take DWZ over both Morris's lol

Delta

Kennel Established
Reaction score
It will be interesting to see what happens with DWZ if we sign Tom Trbojevic or Latrell (we desperately need a goal kicker, Meaney and Holland surely not in our 2021 plans). Latrell's obviously a Centre, but if you're paying him $1m you'd think he plays Fullback. I only see 4 marquee players available for 2021 (Tom Trbojevic, Jake Trbojevic, Latrell and Arrow) and I think we will push for 2 of them.
Wouldn't want to pay too much for Latrell... no need for Tommy Turbo... DWZ is good enough, save money for other positions. Meaney is actually beginning to look quite comfortable on the wing. Marquee players are too much risk, I like what we are doing right now with the types of players we are bringing in.

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
the two main issues with the Brett Morris signing were injuries and the money he was on (which I assume was because the club thought that he may solve the fullback issue we had)

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
If the heading was

DWZ is the best signing the Bulldogs have made since Morris in 2009

It would be more accurate than the original heading :grinning:

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He has always played like this. Its nothing new. Yet meaney had far more potential according to just about everyone.
People on here rate the fantasy in their heads of "potential' and "future superstar" over current form and ability.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
If the heading was

DWZ is the best signing the Bulldogs have made since Morris in 2009

It would be more accurate than the original heading :grinning:
I agree, I read the heading thinking yeh about right. Then realised it was bmoz. No way was he as good as Dwz has been.

He had some great games but he was busted and a lot older unfortunately. In his prime he was amazing, though that was the dragon days.

I’d say he has been as good as anyone for us for a while though needs a few years to do it consistently. Then jmoz, ennis can be compared as they where huge for us for a long time.

Mr. Ditkovich

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
And in february when i said hes the best fullback to come here to us.
99 percent of posters rubbished me and told me hes not a fucking fullback. Now look at everyone licking his bum. Lol
He signed with us in June...

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
DWZ has Been an awesome signing, a shining light to a pretty disappointing season, needs to be kept long term this one..!!

Blueandwhiteblood1968

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
DWZ has added enthusiasm,talent and heart to our team and also Corey haweira niera (spelling is probably wrong) has stepped up as well.

The Dominator

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Loving DWZ. Hes the perfect fit and its completely obvious the other players love him. Massive signing.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Whats with the BMoz haters he was a try scoring genius, just his knee didn't like fullback.

jasonsmith11

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
like hoppa dwz is real solid but we still need some controlled attitude like ennis, a captain playmaker with attitude

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Wouldn't want to pay too much for Latrell... no need for Tommy Turbo... DWZ is good enough, save money for other positions. Meaney is actually beginning to look quite comfortable on the wing. Marquee players are too much risk, I like what we are doing right now with the types of players we are bringing in.
A few people are saying to save money for other positions. We've been linked with Ramien (Centre), Koroisau (Hooker) and Ese'ese (Bench/Prop). Outside those positions the only positions I think we need to strengthen are another starting Prop and a Winger, but there are only 3 premium Wingers available (and why I'd throw DWZ on the Wing) which are Oates (unless he signs a 1 year deal again we can't afford him), Cotric and Vunivalu. We have money to spend. Not signing 2 marquee players out of Tom Trbojevic, Jake Trbojevic, Latrell and Arrow would just be silly imo. We have to at least try anyways. DWZ has inspired the team and been 1 of our best players every week since joining us, but Tom Trbojevic is currently the best player to build a club around in the game. The club also not targeting a goal kicking Centre (or Hooker) makes me think Latrell is in the picture because with Meaney and Holland out of the side we literally don't have a goal kicker.

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I don't think DWZ would be as valuable moving him from Fullback, keep him there give him time to develop and will be on of the better Fullbacks running around in the future.

Tom and Jake cant see moving from Manly, possibly best option is to bring over Mitchell. Arrow is commanding too much coin IMO and has issues with Injuries. If we are throwing a mil at anyone Latrell for mine.