Enough is enough

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Players are slowly gaining FG experience champ. When people say shit roster, what they mean is a bunch of rookies. They are slowing becoming experienced, and there getting used to the grind
Exactly this.

I can’t recall the Pro-Pay posters singling out and bashing players. We’ve simply read the situation for what it is and that is that we’re the youngest and most inexperienced team in the comp, and are still working on key combinations within the 17. Patience is required as it was always going to take time for this group to gel.

If anything the bashing of players has been a common trait of those who have been staunchly against Pay. Those same posters are always the first to bash the traditional whipping boys of Tolman, Elliot, Meaney, Lewis etc. It’s the trait of simply being irrational.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
That's a fair point, but at the end of the day we didn't perform when it mattered and left everything too late. There could be so many reasons for this so all we can do is speculate.

The board have given Pay every chance possible to succeed, he simply needs to get the performances come rounds 1-10 next season. I don't want to fucking sit here going through this for a 3rd season and hearing the same excuses again from the same posters.
I totally agree. There’s no way Pay will be kept on next year if that happens again especially if they do land a couple of quality players for next year. Expectations will be higher with squad improvement and players getting more experienced.

Also agree that we didn’t win when it mattered. Two games come to mind. Both the Manly game and Raiders game. Half their team were missing. Key players for Manly like Tommy Turbo, DCE and four others and I think Canberra had 7 players missing. Just those two games, we’d be sitting 8th.

To be fair on the team as well, I heard on 2SM last week that we have had the hardest draw out of all the NRL teams. We played Storm, Roosters, Souths twice ffs

DoggyStyla

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm with this thinking, couldn't give a fuck who coaches as long as they get the best out of the boys.
We need to have a strong start to the season next year. Two years in a row we have had a strong last couple of months.. If we miss out on Ramien, they need to secure someone big, strong and fast out wide..

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Exactly this.

I can’t recall the Pro-Pay posters singling out and bashing players. We’ve simply read the situation for what it is and that is that we’re the youngest and most inexperienced team in the comp, and are still working on key combinations within the 17. Patience is required as it was always going to take time for this group to gel.

If anything the bashing of players has been a common trait of those who have been staunchly against Pay. Those same posters are always the first to bash the traditional whipping boys of Tolman, Elliot, Meaney, Lewis etc. It’s the trait of simply being irrational.
So... "The To'omaga Jizz train" thread you started had these principles in mind??

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I don't care which side of the pay debate you sit tbh.. its the dumb post that add nothing to the conversation is what annoy me and others. Also people need to realise just because people genuinely believe pay is doing a good job doesn't mean they are trolling or are a duplicate user and the same applies to the people that hate Pay...

Real1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
While I agree there is an element of “there’s no pressure” at the back end of the season, there are a few differences compared to last years run of wins and this years.

Last it was throwing the ball around willy nilly, this year we seem to have a tougher mindset built on defense. It’s a sign of growing in maturity and the young players gaining FG experience. Last year we finished on 18 points. This year we are already on 18 competition points with three more rounds to go. If we finish on 22 or 24 points this year, then the team has improved and not gone backwards to be honest. It is now a real possibility that we may finish the season between 9th to 11th. This is what the Pay haters wanted, Pay haters stated “we’re not a top 8 squad, but a better coach would at least have us coming 9th, 10th or 11th”. Remembering we were tipped to finish 16th at the beginning of the year. Now the goal is to go even better next year and force ourselves into the eight. If we are improving ever year then there is no reason why Pay cannot be a long term coach. But as always time will tell.
We have the youngest squad in the nrl.
Rookie coach
We have lost a heap of experience in 18months

And in two seasons we have avoided the spoon. As you said we are currently in 18points and have 3 spots to fill next year roster...

It’s been a slow build but we are getting there

Real1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fittler said today that Bulldogs going well and coming for teams. But he then said you've got to give credit to those teams above them cos they've won when the pressure was on at the front end of the season and the Dogs were terrible.

Got a point in a way.

But the comp for Top 8 is over the 25 rounds so just as legitimate of us to finish well (even if the pressure is off us).

What it does highlight is you must be ready to win from Round 1.
Beginning of the year we lost a host of experience - Foran, napa and we didn’t have DWZ, our spine consisted of Lewis JMK, cogger and meaney... they didn’t even have 50 games of first grade together