Opinion Full Metal Racket // Short Fast Loud

El_Magic

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
New Opeth track is sick. I’ve lost interest in them over their last couple albums but this one is shaping to be pretty good

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I loved the last two KSE albums with Jesse but they were much cleaner. Similar to Time of Grace. This album is more like the original Jesse albums. Too Metalcore and lacking any real substance.
Yeah, after listening last night, totally agree, although I don’t get too “metalcore” more a bit vanilla and way too many cleans for me.

There’s some ok songs on there, but I probably won’t rush back for seconds.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
New Opeth track is sick. I’ve lost interest in them over their last couple albums but this one is shaping to be pretty good

hmm I kinda wanna wait for the new album but I might give this a spin tonight...

El_Magic

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
hmm I kinda wanna wait for the new album but I might give this a spin tonight...
It’s sick man. I mean it’s still not where I’d like it to be, my favourite Album is orchid ,but I’ve made peace with the fact they’ll never release anything like that again

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I won’t lie, I’ve kinda been missing @mrinvisible and his attempts to stoke the metal community on TK with his constant rotation of new vids...usually more miss than hit, but effort was always 10/10.

When’s he out of jail?

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
What do you mean by that?
Just messing with you man, like you know the guy who won’t listen to any singles as they need to digest the album in full and get the whole experience?

The prog guy effect...

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I won’t lie, I’ve kinda been missing @mrinvisible and his attempts to stoke the metal community on TK with his constant rotation of new vids...usually more miss than hit, but effort was always 10/10.

When’s he out of jail?
He's not in jail. He's taking self imposed leave.

I was spamming vids at one stage but just couldn't be bothered now. Mainly 'cause there isn't that many interesting vids that have popped up in my feed.

Papa Emeritus

Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Just messing with you man, like you know the guy who won’t listen to any singles as they need to digest the album in full and get the whole experience?

The prog guy effect...
lol but that is true. I vastly prefer hearing entire albums.

But Opeth is my fav band so I listened.

It's a very proggy track, lots of elements. Definitely liking it but as I said need to hear it in context with the album.

Papa Emeritus

Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score

I was spamming vids at one stage but just couldn't be bothered now. Mainly 'cause there isn't that many interesting vids that have popped up in my feed.
Yep Mr I isn't banned. He could post but he just isn't.

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score

Yep Mr I isn't banned. He could post but he just isn't.
Oh, I did not know this, I thought with all the hoopla around here he must’ve been on the sidelines.

He will return when he passes his fitness test no doubt, until then @Hacky McAxe you might need to step up for some new vids mate.

Also Hackey, I notice in the other thread you work in security - is that manpower or electronics?

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Oh, I did not know this, I thought with all the hoopla around here he must’ve been on the sidelines.

He will return when he passes his fitness test no doubt, until then @Hacky McAxe you might need to step up for some new vids mate.

Also Hackey, I notice in the other thread you work in security - is that manpower or electronics?
Electronics. Mainly for corporate, tenancies, commercial real estate.

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Electronics. Mainly for corporate, tenancies, commercial real estate.
Maybe there’s a Kevin Bacon effect here, I was Branch Manager at one of the big wholesalers for many years...but that was about 8 years ago.

Ps. When that company used to be good - that’s your hint - lol

Last edited:

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Maybe there’s a Kevin Bacon effect here, I was Branch Manager at one of the big wholesalers for many years...but that was about 8 years ago.

Ps. When that company used to be good - that’s your hint - lol
Yeah, that narrows it down. The company I work for has many ex-employees of one of the major security companies. They all left that company because it went downhill massively.

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah, that narrows it down. The company I work for has many ex-employees of one of the major security companies. They all left that company because it went downhill massively.
Mmmm - you can add one more to that list....

Company starts with a H.

And yeah, they didn’t cope or contend with Chinese imports and diversify and change their model. They’re still screed and obviously I’ve got a bunch of mates still there - but only just.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Mmmm - you can add one more to that list....

Company starts with a H.

And yeah, they didn’t cope or contend with Chinese imports and diversify and change their model. They’re still screed and obviously I’ve got a bunch of mates still there - but only just.
Yep. That's the one.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
There's a new song out from the Japanese gimmick group everyone loves to hate... Or hates to love

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Jusr can't do Baby Metal