Jackson\okunbur

seven07

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Last weeks prematch interview with channel nine, Jackson mentioned okunbur playing Canterbury cup, I think there's friction within the team in regards to pays selection.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Looks like a really unhappy team at the minute notching wins off the back of playing for each other in defence.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
They look like they are playing as a happy unit to me.

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
Last weeks prematch interview with channel nine, Jackson mentioned okunbur playing Canterbury cup, I think there's friction within the team in regards to pays selection.
Okunbor has been injured that’s why his still in cc.
Plus he needs more confidence to be put back in first grade.

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Who cares. What’s he done to warrant first grade selection anyway. Drops the ball, never in position. Too scared to put body on line, both attack and defense

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
So you watched last nights game and think the players aren't playing for Pay?

That there is no spirit in the club?

Were you watching the Bulldogs or the Titans?

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
So you watched last nights game and think the players aren't playing for Pay?

That there is no spirit in the club?

Were you watching the Bulldogs or the Titans?
or the Cowboys? Sorry, I just like throwing them in there too.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Still.. like to see one of our juniors playing well and deserving a spot ..if playing well enough. OK has the potential but that handling...time on his side hopefully. Interesting that Lynne mentioned him so they have him in mind for further honours.

hayes

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I haven't seen the team this happy for years I said hi to most of the players before the game at the car park. Most of them hang around waiting for each while having a joke.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
You can scrutinize every word said by players and staff and attribute hidden meaning to it. It's pretty pointless to do so in my opinion. You may wind up misinterpreting things based on your own bias.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
To be honest okunbor didn’t do enough to deserve to walk back into the side post injury.

Dont think he will be as good as smith. Just too raw for nrl. Could potentially be a late bloomer, but does struggle with his hands and his defence.

I still think cogger should feel hard done by. Most dangerous player this year and is benched all game and was going to play hooker. Like here is a kid with all the attributes of a genuine halfback. Has the vision and dartiness to be able to run and crack the line or set up players with half breaks. Is a combo of shifty and pollamounta in him.

Can’t criticise Lewis because defensively he was on point against Souths. But if we are picking halves based on defence why not play Jackson or Elliot at 6? Or is pay happy with the 1-2 kicks Lewis nails a game?

To be fair to cogger he does have the best boot in the club. Might not be a huge boot but he can control the game with it (kicking to the corners or getting repeat sets).

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Okunbur has been playing absolutely shit house in reggies and making the same defensive mistakes coming in off his wing

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
You can scrutinize every word said by players and staff and attribute hidden meaning to it. It's pretty pointless to do so in my opinion. You may wind up misinterpreting things based on your own bias.
The only time it isn't pointless is when you work for the Telegraph, they'll actually pay you to do it.