Votes: 26 23.9%
  • Souths 13+

Votes: 22 20.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great win wasn't expecting our team to skin the rabbits, but we badly need at least 1 game breaking center to really be a force, for me we don't need to much more.

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't have a problem if Foran sat the year out so I agree but it looks like Foran is playing so if one misses out it's Lewis.
Hard decision for Pay to make but Lewis's defence will be on show...oops WAS on show...proving yet again the coach knows what hes doing.

Kurrupt78

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That game had a striking resemblance to how we mostly played in 2014. Good win all in all

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Nobody doubts he defence, it's his non existent attack and all round lack of general ability as a half. Unless there's a winger in space and he can throw a cut our ball then he has absolutely nothing.
Your a good judge....OF NOTHING. Lewis is improving nicely. So too Cogger. This was a very hard decision for the coach to make. It was Lewis's good D...especially on the edges which gave him the nod. A different opponent we would of seen Cogger. Just as our wise coach says...give these guys 50, 60 games under their belt in NRL THEN judge them AND JUDGE THE COACH.

I know for a fact from insiders that they are working on Lewis's running game and positional play. He has a very good passing skillset and while not advancing as quickly as Cogger, his size and (once he bulks up a bit) power to push though tackles and his effective tackling technique make him a potential superstar that we can bring through cheaply.

Unlike Hasler, Dean Pay actually wants to see our young guys develop their NRL potential. Hasler had no interest in developing the young guys. This is why Dean Pay is so respected by our Board and is in their plans as our long term coach...go read the latest release of our football club plan.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hard decision for Pay to make but Lewis's defence will be on show...oops WAS on show...proving yet again the coach knows what hes doing.
Who knows if Cogger plays we might have racked up a score. We won so as you say the coach knows best.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Your a good judge....OF NOTHING. Lewis is improving nicely. So too Cogger. This was a very hard decision for the coach to make. It was Lewis's good D...especially on the edges which gave him the nod. A different opponent we would of seen Cogger. Just as our wise coach says...give these guys 50, 60 games under their belt in NRL THEN judge them AND JUDGE THE COACH.

I know for a fact from insiders that they are working on Lewis's running game and positional play. He has a very good passing skillset and while not advancing as quickly as Cogger, his size and (once he bulks up a bit) power to push though tackles and his effective tackling technique make him a potential superstar that we can bring through cheaply.

Unlike Hasler, Dean Pay actually wants to see our young guys develop their NRL potential. Hasler had no interest in developing the young guys. This is why Dean Pay is so respected by our Board and is in their plans as our long term coach...go read the latest release of our football club plan.
Lewis a potential superstar bahaha, fucking hell.

Kennelnator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Lewis can tackle and thsts all he can do.

He is absolutely fucken shit in attack. Even Greg Alexander had a chuckle last night when he ran into touch trying to run around James Roberts.

Not one clearing kick found the grass and it never does. He hasnt got the ability nor the natural instinct to be a full time NRL halve.

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score

But he doesnt really need to bulk up. The way he handled himself against Burgess in the past, proves this. Id rather he work on his grubbers and general attack than getting swole.

But i do agree with your last paragraph.

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Haha yep he really does
He has good reason to. Hes a kid gaining experience working on improving lots in his game while also knowing...he can do this. Hes NRL standard. All that was needed was a coach to believe in him and he knows nothing comes without hard work. He is improving and he's excited and hes a big part of our future. More impact tonight than Cody Walker who clearly lost his mojo big time.

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Still want the coach gone mate, that will never change, just enjoying seeing the boys lift an actually beat the bunnies with pure effort mate :grinning:

Just enjoy the win. And I actually really enjoyed that one.

#Payout :tearsofjoy:
Hahaha you better read the latest edition of the Clubs plan. The Board is looking for Pay to be our long term coach...ala Folksey, Clift, Ryan, Hasler. The squad is buying into the coach....you need to do the same or be eternally bitter.

For all the Pay haters...Grow up!!!!

Pay is our man.

May your God give you the serenity to accept the things you cannot change (Pay is the Boards long term Coach choice), courage to change the things you can (your attitude....your all living in a dream world if you think the players dont like Pay so support whoever the duly elected Board appoint as our coach), and the wisdom to know the difference.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Hahaha you better read the latest edition of the Clubs plan. The Board is looking for Pay to be our long term coach...ala Folksey, Clift, Ryan, Hasler. The squad is buying into the coach....you need to do the same or be eternally bitter.

Pay is our man.

May your God give you the serenity to accept the things you cannot change (Pay is the Boards long term Coach choice), courage to change the things you can (your attitude....your all living in a dream world if you think the players dont like Pay so support whoever the duly elected Board appoint as our coach), and the wisdom to know the difference.
Blasphemy

Berries

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score

Pay is our man.

Should be an auto one week ban for dropping religious dribble on here

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I think Mr I used to delete posts and ban people for discussing religion.

BRING BACK MR I!!!
You said it!!

#bring back Mr I

I actually agree with your 4 capitals :tearsofjoy:

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
4 members voted Dogs 1-12 after the game ended. lol

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Should be an auto one week ban for dropping religious dribble on here
There does seem to be a lot of the fringe, extreme, religious Pay nutter trolls on here preaching lately.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think Pay is doing a good job at the moment. I don't think it's exactly the same as our late run last year. Last year our run started later and imo we won because of no pressure.

This year, yes there is still no pressure, but the last three games the team look to be buying into something Pay is saying because imo we look like a different side defensively.

Why he couldn't or didn't get it out of the boys earlier I don't know.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
How good were the boys last night. Stuff those who are saying that Souths did not turn up...we did and in a big way. We had to beat the seventeen that they put on the paddock and the two inept fools masquerading as referees. Sitting up high in level 4 east was a revelation. I would say without reservation that Souths were onside on only a handful of occasions..... the rest of the time half their players were loitering in or around our attacking line on the first three tackles after changeover and the rest of the time were a good metre to two metres in front of the referees on the other. It was absolutely frustrating that for the most part we got absolutely nothing from the officials for offside nor for laying on the tackled player. Of course, as is usual the penalty count 'evened up' to be 7-6 in their favour.

We harassed Souths all night and created a situation where they committed errors at crucial times and some of the hits were ferocious. DWZ had a great game, they all did, and every player put in to support their team mates the whole way

Another source of frustration and really laughable were the " recorded" boos coming through the ground loud speakers on several occasions baying for a penalty. How sad it is that the pride of the league...the side who purportedly has over 30k members.... cannot make enough noise themselves during a game. It was so funny watching all the members on the Western side sitting upright on their seats showing no emotion or passion whilst the loudspeakers did it all for them.....

Saw some Souths fans at Krispy Kreme after the game getting some more doughnuts to add to the doughnut of tries that they scored last night. Big fat zero, nada. Three penalty goals only and two of them from ridiculous decisions right under our posts.

Don't even get me started about the shitty sportsmanship displayed by the Souths players, led by one of their trainers, who on both occasions of our kicker attempting a conversion were walking around in his line of vision and moving towards him across the goal line as he ran in to kick. The referee did speak to them about it before the second attempt because our Captain actually went up to him to complain after the first one but that was all he did; speak to them before turning his back and allowing them to walk around.

For a side tyghat has been anchored at or near the bottom for most of 2019 they can be proud of their efforts the last few weeks and I believe that we can win all of our remaining games.