Opinion Give Dean Pay a contract next year

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
It’s just #payspets :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy: taking smack lol..

#PAYOUT !!!

It’s a NO From me !!
Dope. Line up with Dib and be irrelevant then. Us Pay supporters know a good coach when we see one. We all go to the games and love what Dean has done to the rabble that Hasler left behind after just a year and a half.
#DeanPayMiracleWorker.
#DeanPayDefensiveMaestro
#DeanPayMakingtheBulldogsGreatAgain

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Interestingly General Patten asked his followers on IG to ask him anything about the Bulldogs. Found these 2 answers interesting:

Any reason why you're not involved with the Bulldogs anymore? Eg. Coaching

I've tried to get involved a couple of times as I think I have a bit to offer the back 5 and also the understanding the rules to your advantage. No interest from the club.

Do you believe the current administration and coaching are the right people for the job?

Short answer is no.
We can’t sign every ex player coz they have something to offer
There’s a cap in place now for football expenditures regarding coaching staff etc

Be nice to have all these ex players but shit we would have 5000 people walking around doing nothing

As for patten knowing the rules, I’ve seen some of his decision in the video box and would very much question that lolololol

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I just don't understand what the rush is for those that are suggesting they re-sign Pay again when he has another year left on his deal?

Why not wait til halfway through next year before making such a decision? What if he's upgraded now and we start off 2-8 or 3-7 again next year for the third year in a row under Pay?

If we start off 7-3, then by all means they should look at upgrading him. But it would be a huge risk and completely unnecessary to extend him before then.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I just don't understand what the rush is for those that are suggesting they re-sign Pay again when he has another year left on his deal?

Why not wait til halfway through next year before making such a decision? What if he's upgraded now and we start off 2-8 or 3-7 again next year for the third year in a row under Pay?

If we start off 7-3, then by all means they should look at upgrading him. But it would be a huge risk and completely unnecessary to extend him before then.
Exactly right,
I’m all for the club being patient, and only get a new coach who is better option moving forward

I’d happily keep pay on till a better option comes along, till then I am happy to support pay and our club

Berries

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
We can’t sign every ex player coz they have something to offer
There’s a cap in place now for football expenditures regarding coaching staff etc

Be nice to have all these ex players but shit we would have 5000 people walking around doing nothing

As for patten knowing the rules, I’ve seen some of his decision in the video box and would very much question that lolololol
Just from Patten being apart of the referee ranks it would be worth it not gain an advantage.