Lewis or Cogger ? Lichaa no longer required

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
He sat on the bench the whole game? What a waste of a spot.
Cogger's there for when Foran gets injured (or Lewis, or JMK), maybe if we're winning a game comfortable (doesn't seem to likely right now), then Foran can have a spell and Cogger can get some game time.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
If we don't land Api, what does everyone think of Cogger at 9? Or even Lewis? Future wise I think Wakeham has to be in our spine.

As much as I admire Forans skill, he isn't in our future. Wakeham is. Would like to see a Cogger/Wakeham combo have a run.

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If we don't land Api, what does everyone think of Cogger at 9? Or even Lewis? Future wise I think Wakeham has to be in our spine.

As much as I admire Forans skill, he isn't in our future. Wakeham is. Would like to see a Cogger/Wakeham combo have a run.
I have always said Cogger would be a good 9. Fuk just try him out. We'll save a shit load of money if he turns out good by not spending it on api.

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
The issue I have with JMK is his service is crisp but if you look at his stance there is never an option to run. A good 9 can pass or play what's in front of him. King isn't a 9. He is a utility at best. The other issue is if your 9 isn't a creative threat or a running threat the markers and defence can blitz the 1st receiver . Lichaa may not be the perfect 9 but for me he offers more as a 9. He needs work on his game and lose 5kg but natural instincts can't be taught. He has a better base to work with. I would like to see Ennis on our coaching staff to work with our young kids. He is one of the best i have seen bring forwards on the ball, playing around the ruck. My 2 cents .

Last edited:

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Unfortunately cogger carnt tackle for shit and was man handled the last few weeks.

Lewis takes the ball to the line

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score

Pre season is going to be massive next year. Player /skill development is going to be the make or break for Pay. Can't keep waiting until round 18 before the team hits its stride.

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No contest here

Cogger all the way.....

Lewis has the worst kicking game i have seen along with a non-existent attacking game
JMK stays at 9, Lichaa stays well away from the side.

Foran 6 cogger 7, put Lewis to lock and rotate with either elliot or Smith from off the bench.

Seems like the best solution imo
Yes I think it's the way to go
Elliott makes me nervous every time he is on the park, first he gave the opposition 6 more tackles with a clumsy play followed by penalties..
Cogger needs to tackle truck tyres in the off-season and get stronger as well

86Gtown

Kennel Participant
Reaction score

I agreed mate wakeham was pretty composed when he got a chance. Cogger would have to do allot of in defence if was to go to hooker. Lewis would have to work on his passing, like a few have said though could end up at lock. use foran on the bench pair wakeham and cogger up would be good

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Most of the time we are defending the line cause of no go forward or no creative play to make meters and bad last tackle options,
Cogger can create something more than Lewis.
If we attract more we defend less.
You need to way up the value of defense over attack.. Lewis is a remarkable defender and can kick, he can read the opposition very well and as such has saved many tries. This trait imo is more valuable because it can't be learnt ,its inherent. Kicking skills can be learnt

hackenbush

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Cogger & Foran basically play the same game. With both on the field, one would have to play a more traditional half role & both would not be as effective. How I see it for this year & next, Foran or Cogger & Lewis or Wakeham. Excluding Foran, all three have great potential but how do you manage all three? Exciting times ahead

Vek

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I think our best combo is Cogger and Lewis for the future. This is genuinely a hard choice because if foran is fit and healthy....what do we do with cogger? Its a headache because lewis is the reason we kept souths tryless....but cogger really knows what he is doing in terms of attack imo.

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No contest here

Cogger all the way.....

Lewis has the worst kicking game i have seen along with a non-existent attacking game
This is exactly why pay loses me....ffs coffee has played well over the last month and he puts in Lewis who can't pick has no running team and basically plays like an extra forward....imagine how confused bigger would be...pays a fukin joke....when is he going to realise that Lewis is not a half back

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Really depends on the team were playing I reckon... Hard to play 2 shit defending halves against most teams atm.

No doubt playing Lewis releases defensive pressure on an edge therefore you only really have to worry about strict defensive structures on the other.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Of course we have a short turnaround to face the Eels

Ffs

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
JMK stays at 9, Lichaa stays well away from the side.

Foran 6 cogger 7, put Lewis to lock and rotate with either elliot or Smith from off the bench.

Seems like the best solution imo
What do you get out of Lewis at lock other than fitting three players into a team? He literally would make 33 metres off of 15 runs.

Cosmo24

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Would rather punt Holland and move Lewis to left centre if he has to be there. Cogger and Foran in the halves