How could meaney not score

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
I put it down to experience. Hes a rookie in FG to begin with, and even rookier on the wing. Yes i said rookier. :grinning:

The Dominator

Kennel Established
Reaction score
He didn't score but he has improved. Mainly, his defensive decisions are good and that is why he is in the team instead of Okunbor at the moment. Dean has prioritised defence and it seems to be working.

Aristidiz

Bullwog
Reaction score
He didn't score but he has improved. Mainly, his defensive decisions are good and that is why he is in the team instead of Okunbor at the moment. Dean has prioritised defence and it seems to be working.
Okunbor was killing it in 1st grade earlier this year, Meaney has had countless defensive errors and one intercept try and suddenly he deserves his spot and kicking duties, he is an absolute fraud and Pay Pet

BondiBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think Meaney definiely has POTENTIAL needs to put on a LOT of muscle in the off season. Really build his upper and lower body strength.
Would probably be the skinniest and weakest winger in the comp, not having a go. I like him but needs a lot more strength/power.

Mikehnz

Waterboy
Reaction score
You guys are far too harsh on the kid, I quite like him. I'd prefer him over some butter fingers, plus that side of the field has had so many different players who have been inconsistent all year & stinking it up, he may aswell have his chance. That side of the field isn't leaking too hard defensively either.

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He is better than our other options.

If anyone mentions Okunbor I'll gouge my eyes out.

Apart from the stuff up. He had his best game on the wing for us last night.

An option could be bring harper into the centres, holland wing. But you don't change a winning team

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Meaney shouldn't be on the wing and his runs back in our own half as well as weak efforts like this finishing what should have been a try prove it.

Unless he ate a bowl of steroids for breakfast, lunch and dinner every day like Paul Gallen and turned into a roid rage Hulk, then we desperately need someone else who is physically equipped to handle contact in the NRL as a winger. Which Meaney isn't unfortunately.

Him and Holland have to be one of the worst wing/centre combos in the comp and that whole edge needs a makeover.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
There is other options but Pay wants to prove he was a worthwhile signing so will keep finding a spot in the side for him.
Lol
You really think that?

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Learnt it from Tolman lol. I'd rather him gun it for the corner and fuck it up than just fuck it up because he hesitated...but still he should've had the pace to get there if he had just gone for it.
Fucking oath
I’m with you, don’t die wondering just go for it and what will be will be

By hesitating it takes away that chance to get it

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Lol
You really think that?
I really think Okunbur would be a better option there, he was making great meters out of our end.

He's not perfect but I think he's a better option than Meaney.

I don't know whether he's injured or in Canterbury Cup atm.

Delta

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I really think Okunbur would be a better option there, he was making great meters out of our end.

In Canterbury Cup playing great.

I think Meaney was excellent last night in terms of run metres.

Earlier this year, he was getting monstered every kick return/scoot out of dummy half, but last night he was making post contact metres, getting quick player the balls and accelerating quick out of dummy half to get our set rolling. Not once did I remember him getting pushed back.

Delta

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Meaney shouldn't be on the wing and his runs back in our own half as well as weak efforts like this finishing what should have been a try prove it.

Unless he ate a bowl of steroids for breakfast, lunch and dinner every day like Paul Gallen and turned into a roid rage Hulk, then we desperately need someone else who is physically equipped to handle contact in the NRL as a winger. Which Meaney isn't unfortunately.

Him and Holland have to be one of the worst wing/centre combos in the comp and that whole edge needs a makeover.
Read my above comment. Totally disagree that his runs were weak, at least not yesterday.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Read my above comment. Totally disagree that his runs were weak, at least not yesterday.
Agreed! I can't remember him making any massive breaks and he managed 136 meters from 15 runs.

Take away that minute of the match where he bombs the try and doesn't catch the 40/20 and he had a great game.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
In Canterbury Cup playing great.

I think Meaney was excellent last night in terms of run metres.

Earlier this year, he was getting monstered every kick return/scoot out of dummy half, but last night he was making post contact metres, getting quick player the balls and accelerating quick out of dummy half to get our set rolling. Not once did I remember him getting pushed back.
Agree that in the last couple of weeks his run meters have been decent, before that he was under 100m most of the time on the wing.

Just a personal opinion but I don't see him as a long term option as a winger, Okunbur is taller and gives the impression of a much more powerful player.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score

Ye has been playing some solid games in Canterbury Cup.

I’d say he would be really challenging for that wing spot

Delta

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Ye has been playing some solid games in Canterbury Cup.

I’d say he would be really challenging for that wing spot
Before i would have definielty said Okunbor 100%. Now, with Meaney making good runs and looking much more comfortable (he is also goalkicker), it becomes a much more difficult contest...

I don't see any of them being able to transition to centre...

Perhaps Okunbor on bench and use him as a forward/backline utility??

fooch

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I think meaneys learning all the time improving from week t week only natural he's going to get stonger . The only way is up