How could meaney not score

hackenbush

Kennel Established
Reaction score
There must be someone we can put there who does get bent backwards on every tackle

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
There is other options but Pay wants to prove he was a worthwhile signing so will keep finding a spot in the side for him.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
There is other options but Pay wants to prove he was a worthwhile signing so will keep finding a spot in the side for him.
Lol, correct.. that has been 2019 haha

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Learnt it from Tolman lol. I'd rather him gun it for the corner and fuck it up than just fuck it up because he hesitated...but still he should've had the pace to get there if he had just gone for it.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm at the game and had a great view of that.. let's just say he should of swallowed that one.. very disappointing..

Vek

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Because he weighs like 10kg and a 6th grader can throw him off the sideline.

If Okunbor (i never thought id say this) was there, its a try. If he catches it anyway...

IMO, the left wing needs a restructure. Drop holland and meaney, bring lewis into centre and okunbor on the wing. Keep cogger in the 7, he is much better than lewis in the 7.

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah pretty disappointing. Meaney has speed to burn but no confidence to use it. He can’t seem to make half chance into something because he always hesitates.
Pretty frustrating. I can only assume Pay is trying to give the kid the confidence to use his gifts, but nope.

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
That’s bread n butter for a winger

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yep, backs himself and dives early, he's in like flint.
It didn't matter in the end but still disappointing to see

BMOC

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yea blew an easy try. But, I actually thought he ran with much more confidence today. Looked to break tackles and make line breaks.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
He blew that try and messed up the 40/20 but I thought it was the best he has looked running the football and actually made some decent metres. He’s definitely improving on the wing.

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He blew that try and messed up the 40/20 but I thought it was the best he has looked running the football and actually made some decent metres. He’s definitely improving on the wing.
Defiantly improving, second guess8ng himself in attacking situations tho

Roll the Bones

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He'll learn from it. I've seen easier tries butchered by better players. He got on with things and generally played well the rest of the game.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I don’t like using the word scared or term zero balls coz any player that takes the field in fg does need courage and heart, but that was one of the weakest efforts I’ve ever seen.
Bordering on coward like
Reminded me of a Ms Moses mbye at his worst.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I just don't agree that a coach should be putting players into first grade who've never played in the position. You can't have them "learning" the positional play and letting the tram down in the process. It's the fookin NRL not Dubbo under 14's.

Meaney does seem to have found some semblance of toughness but doesn't deserve a walk up start.

Good luck to him cos he has Pay in his corner but....