Enough is enough

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I hate all hashtags...

If we keep playing an attacking brand of footy like this the next month and carry it into next season then Pay will have proved that he can adapt and everyone will praise him.

Even with all of these wins, we still can't crack 20 points. I can't wait til the day we score 30 or 40 again..
#30or40again :tongueclosed:

ElMagicElMasri

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
This win rockets us up to 13th! Hail Pay!

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Yeh even though i never thought pay was the problem, i get how many ppl would need to see us start a year well for the first time under him, before being satisfied he can coach. We will see. Best thing about 2020 is we wont be losing any more players before it this time, and even may gain some good ones before then
Post game when Lewis was interviewed he was asked about what turned things around and he said it was the same as last season...so that atleast backs up my point.

I said it the previous thread I made that this squad is capable of performing well and winning games because they showed it to us during the backend of last season and this season...so the constant hiding behind our roster as an excuse is just bs. We aren't competing for the Premiership but we can be better and that's my whole point. Get these performances and results early in the season and I'll say "Pay can fucking get the job done" and that's that.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Post game when Lewis was interviewed he was asked about what turned things around and he said it was the same as last season...so that atleast backs up my point.

I said it the previous thread I made that this squad is capable of performing well and winning games because they showed it to us during the backend of last season and this season...so the constant hiding behind our roster as an excuse is just bs. We aren't competing for the Premiership but we can be better and that's my whole point. Get these performances and results early in the season and I'll say "Pay can fucking get the job done" and that's that.
I think it was more being grounded and not getting carried away, because last year we had a good finish and look what happened this year. As i ive said though the main difference this time around, is we are likely to be getting in a few more good players before next year, instead of shedding them like recent offseasons. Next years starting side will be the best we have had in a few years imo.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I think it was more being grounded and not getting carried away, because last year we had a good finish and look what happened this year. As i ive said though the main difference this time around, is we are likely to be getting in a few more good players before next year, instead of shedding them like recent offseasons. Next years starting side will be the best we have had in a few years imo.
I think it's more to do with shit preparation tbh.

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm elated with the win, especially keeping them try less and winning our last three. However, these late season surges are good to watch its frustrating we can't do it when things count.

My view of pay still hasn't changed, I need to see a lot more consistency before it will
What is obvious is that the coaching staff and players need to learn how to play under pressure. Last year and this year at the start of each season through to the first half of the year it was pressure footy trying to get into the eight. We have shown we can't handle it. Experience comes to mind or lack of it in our case.

Our wins last year and this have come because we look and play with no pressure. We look more relaxed and having fun. Either we keep this approach and style from the start of next year or get a new coach with a few more signings that can bring in a game plan that resembles this. Otherwise we can't say we are successful just because we win a few games at the back end. The wins have been great but we need to prove we can match it with any team from the start til the end of the season, not just the latter.

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We were expecting to start this year like we ended last year but it didn't. History is repeating itself again so hopefully we learn from it.
I hate all hashtags...

If we keep playing an attacking brand of footy like this the next month and carry it into next season then Pay will have proved that he can adapt and everyone will praise him.

Even with all of these wins, we still can't crack 20 points. I can't wait til the day we score 30 or 40 again..

Real1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
correct, we on 18points with a few rounds to go... add a few quality players to the squad with who we are close to finalising and set 20 points as a utmost minimum bench mark considering we pretty much on it now... with all the shit we have gone through hold our heads up high that we’ve avoided the spoon in these two seasons

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
What is obvious is that the coaching staff and players need to learn how to play under pressure. Last year and this year at the start of each season through to the first half of the year it was pressure footy trying to get into the eight. We have shown we can't handle it. Experience comes to mind or lack of it in our case.

Our wins last year and this have come because we look and play with no pressure. We look more relaxed and having fun. Either we keep this approach and style from the start of next year or get a new coach with a few more signings that can bring in a game plan that resembles this. Otherwise we can't say we are successful just because we win a few games at the back end. The wins have been great but we need to prove we can match it with any team from the start til the end of the season, not just the latter.
My point exactly. We don't win when it counts and we end up going on a run playing for pride instead of displaying form during the season, as you said we can't play pressure footy

ash160

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I always said that most so called super coaches have great rosters.

Pay is now starting to get some class in the side and you can see the difference in the team.

Most of you little pissants wouldn’t have been around to see Deano play...if he can get this side putting in like he did and wanting to win for him, we'll be back in the mix from 2020 on no doubt

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think it's more to do with shit preparation tbh.
If the Raiders are anything to go by then this is a very valid point.

Ricky Stuart has come out lately saying his team will come home late and beat teams this year because they are fitter, tougher and more resilient than ever before. I think their win against Melbourne today backs that up.

And that is pre season prep.

djdeep4172

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
To all the pay hashtag haters you must of had the dogs as premiers?
The improvement will be there for all to see,I put my money where my mouth is and am a $860 gold season ticket holder,support your team boys.
We have starting the cleaning out process of the overpaid society.
We will be mega competitive even more next year.
Win any more games and we have done better than last year

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score

Ricky Stuart has come out lately saying his team will come home late and beat teams this year because they are fitter, tougher and more resilient than ever before. I think their win against Melbourne today backs that up.

Our preseason has been awful for two seasons running, it has to be the key focus next season and something we need to look at during the season review.

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

You mean like our late season form......