News Bulldogs face dilemma as club can’t afford Koroisau, Ramien and Ese’ese

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I’d meet you in the middle

I don’t think his game is that much different than in years gone by.

The team around him isn’t performing either.
Bit hard for him when the team is on the back foot most of the game every game to play at his best

I agree as a player his value is probably worth that 500k you nominate

And I’d expect that if any other club offered more then they are paying overs

I do believe he has extra value to our club and well worth fighting to keep him.

Like I said, I’d be pissed if we lost him
Since the start of last year there’s been a noticeable decline and there are certainly some reasons for that. I think his shoulders have definitely caused him issues and I agree the overall team performance doesn’t help either.

How much are you willing to pay to keep him? When you say he’s worth fighting for you mean he’s worth paying overs for.
Offer him a fair deal if he takes it all good and it doesn’t we move on.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah but that plays into my point
Not so much... more the fact he isn’t at rep level anymore. The standard is you need to do what Jackson does plus have an offload like Frizell or Graham. The game is evolving.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Since the start of last year there’s been a noticeable decline and there are certainly some reasons for that. I think his shoulders have definitely caused him issues and I agree the overall team performance doesn’t help either.

How much are you willing to pay to keep him? When you say he’s worth fighting for you mean he’s worth paying overs for.
Offer him a fair deal if he takes it all good and it doesn’t we move on.
500k, 600k max. If he received a 800k offer (would be ridiculous), if he doesn't take our 600k offer it's time to move on if we're being serious.

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Not so much... more the fact he isn’t at rep level anymore. The standard is you need to do what Jackson does plus have an offload like Frizell or Graham. The game is evolving.

Yeah it does, your making a specific point which ties into my broader point. The guys in front of him have broader skill sets or are better athletes - which plays into my argument of the crazy depth in the backrow.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score

Yeah it does, your making a specific point which ties into my broader point. The guys in front of him have broader skill sets or are better athletes - which plays into my argument of the crazy depth in the backrow.
No I’m really not and I don’t want to waste anymore time arguing. What I was doing was agreeing with the point he is not a rep player. Somebody else mentioned it’s because of the depth in the back row and NSW always had depth in the back row even when QLD put it on NSW 8 series in a row. Whichever way you turn it as much as I like and respect the guy he ain’t rep level anymore and that’s not to do so much with depth in his position but in my opinion he doesn’t have it anymore and the game has evolved. If anything he’s gone backwards. Skill and depth are not the same thing.

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
No I’m really not and I don’t want to waste anymore time arguing. What I was doing was agreeing with the point he is not a rep player. Somebody else mentioned it’s because of the depth in the back row and NSW always had depth in the back row even when QLD put it on NSW 8 series in a row. Whichever way you turn it as much as I like and respect the guy he ain’t rep level anymore and that’s not to do so much with depth in his position but in my opinion he doesn’t have it anymore and the game has evolved. If anything he’s gone backwards. Skill and depth are not the same thing.
Dude we are in full agreement.

There's depth because there are so many back rowers with better skill sets and/or athletic ability.

Edit: And unfortunately for him he doesn't have the same level as the guys that are ahead of him

Valley Viking

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Anyone see the Paul Green wanting Ramien article posted on the Bulldogs website, it’s now been removed. I though that was strange posting an article about another team wanting the same player we do.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Anyone see the Paul Green wanting Ramien article posted on the Bulldogs website, it’s now been removed. I though that was strange posting an article about another team wanting the same player we do.
That is strange.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think the the NRL put a lot of that stuff up.

Interestingg

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I highly doubt Ramien will head to the cowboys after the shocker they put in today. And Green is probably just as bad as Pay

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Lets finish above the Cowboys, that team is awful.