Opinion Payne in the Hass

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
By a long margin the best young front row forward I have ever laid eyes on.

19 years old and in an era where the game has increasingly become more and more about physicality over football brains this guy personifies the prototype for a modern day forward. Effort on effort. Big minutes. Imposing. Breaking tackles with shear brute strength coupled with a fend that would swat away a Mack truck.

Will be giving teams headaches while ever he is named in the team list.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Yh he's stupidly good, full package at only 19.

Cosmo24

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What a steal by the broncos at only $500k a year for six years. Potentially could command double that if he keeps getting better

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
What a steal by the broncos at only $500k a year for six years. Potentially could command double that if he keeps getting better
If Klemmer is worth a million then Haas is more then that it’s a great deal for the Broncos and shows the merit of getting the players in young and not shelling out big bucks once the player is established.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
He is better than Taumalolo. I've seen enough.

Unbelievable talent.

Cosmo24

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If Klemmer is worth a million then Haas is more then that it’s a great deal for the Broncos and shows the merit of getting the players in young and not shelling out big bucks once the player is established.
Hopefully, like Klemmer he can also make up a story to break a contract and go to another club for more money (e.g. come to us in 2021)

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hopefully, like Klemmer he can also make up a story to break a contract and go to another club for more money (e.g. come to us in 2021)
It’s looking like a good decision to not try and match Newcastle’s offer from Klemmer. Most of us thought it at the time but paying him close to a million is paying massive overs.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It’s looking like a good decision to not try and match Newcastle’s offer from Klemmer. Most of us thought it at the time but paying him close to a million is paying massive overs.
Way overrated. Yes he's a good forward but has no X Factor. Easily offended and owned these days

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Way overrated. Yes he's a good forward but has no X Factor. Easily offended and owned these days
Geez haven’t seen to many props do what he done last night, swat away 3 players yes, but the speed he show to get on the outside of the fullback, break his tackle and still have a enough speed to beat chasing defender from 35 metres out...
He goes alright and is only very very young for a prop
16 runs for 219 metres
2 line breaks
30 tackles 0 missed
12 tackle breaks
1 try
In 61 minutes of football...

Last edited:

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Geez haven’t seen to many props do what he done last night, swat away 3 players yes, but the speed he show to get on the outside of the fullback, break his tackle and still have a enough speed to beat chasing defender from 35 metres out...
He goes alright and is only very very young for a prop
16 runs for 219 metres
2 line breaks
30 tackles 0 missed
12 tackle breaks
1 try
In 61 minutes of football...
Think Wolfy was talking about Klemmer

Brizdog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
By a long margin the best young front row forward I have ever laid eyes on.

19 years old and in an era where the game has increasingly become more and more about physicality over football brains this guy personifies the prototype for a modern day forward. Effort on effort. Big minutes. Imposing. Breaking tackles with shear brute strength coupled with a fend that would swat away a Mack truck.

Will be giving teams headaches while ever he is named in the team list.
He is better than jason taumalolo. Offer him a million worth every cent

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
He has played what.. 20 odd games and he has been ripping and a tearing from the start. Does it week after week. I guess the true test will be his toughness in how he bounces back from injury but he is showing no signs of slowing down atm. Fun to watch.

I had to laugh to myself when I heard the million dollar figure being floated for Jurbo. Payne Haas is what a million dollar forward looks like and there is only one.
Tuamalolo is right up there obviously but his effectiveness has dropped off a bit because of a mix of injury, fatigue and trying to carry the Cowboys pack which should be doing more to lighten the load. Understandable given he is on $1mill but the quantity has effected his quality lately.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
This guy is in constant beast mode.

bulldogfan1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What strikes me for such a big man is his acceleration off the mark.
Crazy.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
He has played what.. 20 odd games and he has been ripping and a tearing from the start. Does it week after week. I guess the true test will be his toughness in how he bounces back from injury but he is showing no signs of slowing down atm. Fun to watch.

I had to laugh to myself when I heard the million dollar figure being floated for Jurbo. Payne Haas is what a million dollar forward looks like and there is only one.
Tuamalolo is right up there obviously but his effectiveness has dropped off a bit because of a mix of injury, fatigue and trying to carry the Cowboys pack which should be doing more to lighten the load. Understandable given he is on $1mill but the quantity has effected his quality lately.
Yh Jake defenitely isn't worth a mill, wouldn't Pay a mill for a forward that isn't capable of physically beating defenders on a consistent basis. Jake can defend extremely well, ball play, play big minutes and make those effort on effort plays... but his carries are nothing out of the ordinary and his offloading game has dropped off lately.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Beast of a player, and unfortunately we will never get our hands on him. We ain’t that lucky and won’t attract players like this with pay as FG coach.

Let’s just hope we make the top 8 next year an can entice talent to come wear the blue an white.!!!