The NRL gave Cameron Smith’s wife a diamond ring to celebrate him playing 400 NRL games

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just looked it up he played 340 nrl

137 in super league total of 477
He should still get something from the NRL
Same with Jammer.
400+ games at the top grade is exceptional, especially from an extremely hardworking prop - Regardless how many were ESL vs NRL.

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
Same with Jammer.
400+ games at the top grade is exceptional, especially from an extremely hardworking prop - Regardless how many were ESL vs NRL.
Yeah that’s right, James got nothing from the nrl

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Wtf lol.

Also this line:

"The NRL says that, depending on the player’s circumstances, it will replicate the gift for any player who gets to 400."

Wtf do they mean by "depending on the player's circumstances"? Isnt the qualifying circumstance to receive the gift supposed to be the player reached 400 games? What other circumstance would change that. Why would it be fair to give one player's wife the gift at 400 games, and not others? Stupid comment. Todd has lost touch with reality.

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
Wtf lol.

Also this line:

"The NRL says that, depending on the player’s circumstances, it will replicate the gift for any player who gets to 400."

Wtf do they mean by "depending on the player's circumstances"? Isnt the qualifying circumstance to receive the gift supposed to be the player reached 400 games? What other circumstance would change that. Why would it be fair to give one player the gift at 400 games, and not others? Stupid comment. Todd has lost touch with reality.
NRL is a corrupt organisation remember Inglis

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The game's got a billion dollar TV rights deal. It won't die on money... however fan attendances, viewership and demand is going one way... down!

Put it this way... I'm a Telstra customer, as such I have free access to NRL matches data free... yet I still don't watch it. I'll only watch 2-3 matches on 9. CBF for the rest.
The only reason for the billion dollar sponsorship deal is the viewers. They're not going to have the same leverage with sponsors if even 10%less people are watching games. The heads of the game have to know that. I think they also know that refereeing is strongly on the nose for fans now too. Part of that is about the sponsorship deal with a gambling company. But all of that goes out the window if the heads of the game are taking cash on the side off that same sponsor. You can't tell me that Greenberg is doing his job for the love of the game.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Remember Greenturd gave Hasler full control

Greenturd needs to go for bringing the game into disrepute

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Why didn't SMITH buy his wife a Diamond Ring the tight arse? Now every WAG would want a Diamond ring. Talk about captain's call. Obviously thats the political commissioner's pathetic call.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Lmfao trust Todd Greenberg to do something so cringey like this. I read the article. He wants to insinuate that without his wife he wouldn’t be the player he is? What a load of absolute shit. There always seems to have to be a powerful woman who’s been oppressed behind the scenes not getting the acknowledgement she deserves albeit the man doing the actual hard work. I don’t like Smith ever since the McKinnon tackle debacle but to try and say it’s coz of his wife he’s a good player is outright dumbcuntery.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
What kind of bloke gives another man's wife a $15k diamond ring? The whole thing seems rather odd.

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
Lmfao trust Todd Greenberg to do something so cringey like this. I read the article. He wants to insinuate that without his wife he wouldn’t be the player he is? What a load of absolute shit. There always seems to have to be a powerful woman who’s been oppressed behind the scenes not getting the acknowledgement she deserves albeit the man doing the actual hard work. I don’t like Smith ever since the McKinnon tackle debacle but to try and say it’s coz of his wife he’s a good player is outright dumbcuntery.
Well Inglis was a world class player after bashing his wife,she deserves a ring to.

A

Alexander the Great

They should be helping poor Dr bellends wife and the mess he has caused for her whilst pregnant.

Greenberg is not my people. I'm sure he is a Zionist.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Said on Fox commentary or pre show (can't remember) that her ring was 15k!!

So he get's 150k for a tribute game by the NRL for pending retirement and he donates 15k of it, then doesn't retire but infact goes on to play 400 games. He then get's rewarded again with some expensive crystal dildo or ref's whistle. His wife get's a 15k diamond ring. Sorry what was the question again? LMAO

What, nothing suss going on here!

Lov_Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Suspect this was meant to be a "good news story" of the NRL, timing appears to have aired ring-gate precisely for women in league round ... backfired spectacularly !!!
His 400th game was weeks ago. Only now does the ring ceremony leak.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Said on Fox commentary or pre show (can't remember) that her ring was 15k!!

So he get's 150k for a tribute game by the NRL for pending retirement and he donates 15k of it, then doesn't retire but infact goes on to play 400 games. He then get's rewarded again with some expensive crystal dildo or ref's whistle. His wife get's a 15k diamond ring. Sorry what was the question again? LMAO

What, nothing suss going on here!
Let’s not forget he’s also been on one of the biggest contracts in the game for at least 10 years plus TPA’s, origin and test payments and then you have all the dodgy shit he got during the cap rorts down there! Poor bloke have really been left out of pocket from rugby league.

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Should of went to his mum if that was what he was going with.