Opinion Player Swap - Foran for Taylor

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
What a choice hey. Either a player who plays half the season for a million coz his body gets injured easily, or a player who plays half the season for a million because his ego gets injured easily. Win-Win hey. :laughing:

Doomsdaydog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
If it's only for the 2020 season with no strings attached, its worth the gamble.

One thing is fatso needs a good pre-season flogging on the sand dunes and his balls enlarged
If it is for a year only it could be a gamble that could pay off, but, how do you suggest his balls get enlarged?

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
When fit Foran has been ok for us. Taylor is just shit and this proposal makes no sense.

TalDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Came on to post I think Taylor would be a great buy would definitely swap but don’t think titans would

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Taylor is a 24 year old, country kid, millionaire, living on the Gold Coast.

Do the math. He needs to get away from there but he also needs the right coach to put a foot up his arse when required and an arm around him when he needs it.

I'd be for it

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Feel free to shut it down but this is something I would have a lot of time for....
No chance,get rid of a cripple,and replace him with a head case,very happy with cogger. And Lewis as future halves.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
What a choice hey. Either a player who plays half the season for a million coz his body gets injured easily, or a player who plays half the season for a million because his ego gets injured easily. Win-Win hey. :laughing:
Agree with this comment

I don’t want Taylor

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
Id rather upgrade Coggers contract before signing Taylor. The guy is a confidence player and we need someone who can shake off those not so great decisions during games. He's not our man.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Taylor is a 24 year old, country kid, millionaire, living on the Gold Coast.

Do the math. He needs to get away from there but he also needs the right coach to put a foot up his arse when required and an arm around him when he needs it.

I'd be for it
I tend to agree with your first few points.
Wayne Bennett would have been good for him

In a past era Bullfrog would have been good for him.

We are a club rebuilding

We would be the worst possible club for Taylor to be honest.

As much as I hate to say it, but I think Taylor would find his feet and confidence and reach his full potential in an established squad like the roosters or storm.

Or possibly the bunny’s with Bennett as coach.

Our club in it’s current rebuilding faze is under a lot of pressure to turn around results and win a premiership soon.

A country kid struggling with city life as a pro footballer wouldn’t be a good fit for our club at this point in time

It’s a hard no for me.

I tend to agree with Johns when he said we should go hard for Munster

He is right,

Not that we would ever get him, but Munster is exactly what we need.

He is a real hard head footballer you can build a team around and would be well equipped mentally and by virtue of personality to take our team forward.

At this point in time Foz is more valuable to our club than Taylor would be if it was to come down to a choice between them both.

For me, I think our club needs to look elsewhere

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Id rather upgrade Coggers contract before signing Taylor. The guy is a confidence player and we need someone who can shake off those not so great decisions during games. He's not our man.
Completely agree
I rate cogger and feel we should persevere a little longer with him as we rebuild

Interesting to see what a change with a better fullback has made to our team

I think we really need a better hooker and another prop and a better lock

And a center

Add 4 quality players to our squad and I think our halves ok Lewis and cogger can go to the next level

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I tend to agree with your first few points.
Wayne Bennett would have been good for him

In a past era Bullfrog would have been good for him.

We are a club rebuilding

We would be the worst possible club for Taylor to be honest.

As much as I hate to say it, but I think Taylor would find his feet and confidence and reach his full potential in an established squad like the roosters or storm.

Or possibly the bunny’s with Bennett as coach.

Our club in it’s current rebuilding faze is under a lot of pressure to turn around results and win a premiership soon.

A country kid struggling with city life as a pro footballer wouldn’t be a good fit for our club at this point in time

It’s a hard no for me.

I tend to agree with Johns when he said we should go hard for Munster

He is right,

Not that we would ever get him, but Munster is exactly what we need.

He is a real hard head footballer you can build a team around and would be well equipped mentally and by virtue of personality to take our team forward.

At this point in time Foz is more valuable to our club than Taylor would be if it was to come down to a choice between them both.

For me, I think our club needs to look elsewhere
Wouldn't argue with any of that, I don't think Pay is the right kind of coach for him - but I believe a sea change would be huge for Taylor so I wouldn't be against grabbing him.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Wouldn't argue with any of that, I don't think Pay is the right kind of coach for him - but I believe a sea change would be huge for Taylor so I wouldn't be against grabbing him.
Speaking of Taylor a little more
Continuing on with the country kid narrative.

Perhaps the cowboys would be a good fit for him if he is struggling with city life.

And back to Pay,
What makes you think he wouldn’t be a good coach for Taylor

Pay is a country kid himself once upon a time, he may be able to relate

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Speaking of Taylor a little more
Continuing on with the country kid narrative.

Perhaps the cowboys would be a good fit for him if he is struggling with city life.
Definitely couldn't hurt. I know that access to certain things on the Gold Coast are distracting him, needs to get away.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Definitely couldn't hurt. I know that access to certain things on the Gold Coast are distracting him, needs to get away.
The Gold Coast would be a difficult place for a young footballer with cash to burn

If I think back to when I was that age, if I lived on the Gold Coast with that much spare time and money I’d end up in jail

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
The Gold Coast would be a difficult place for a young footballer with cash to burn

If I think back to when I was that age, if I lived on the Gold Coast with that much spare time and money I’d end up in jail
Yeah man, I grew up on the Gold Coast and even without that money it was easy to get in trouble

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
Completely agree
I rate cogger and feel we should persevere a little longer with him as we rebuild

Interesting to see what a change with a better fullback has made to our team

I think we really need a better hooker and another prop and a better lock

And a center

Add 4 quality players to our squad and I think our halves ok Lewis and cogger can go to the next level
Yeah not completely sold on Lewis yet. A bit too predictable atm...