News Ash Taylor’s career in limbo as Titans consider offers from rival clubs

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
August 15, 2019 7:58pm
Staff writers
FOX SPORTS
Ash Taylor’s career in limbo as Titans consider offers from rival clubs

Ash Taylor is reportedly being shopped around by the Titans.
Ash Taylor is reportedly being shopped around by the Titans.
The Titans are reportedly considering shopping Ash Taylor around to rival clubs with the star halfback possibly having played his last game for the Gold Coast.

Channel 7s Chris Garry reported the Titans have made inquiries about the possibility of Taylor moving on from the club at the end of the season.

“Ash Taylor may have played his last game for Titans,” Garry tweeted.

“The club is open to subsidising his salary to play for a rival side next year. NRL Clubs have already inquired. The Titans are happy to keep him too but feel change of scenery could be best.”

Taylor is currently in reserve grade having made an unsuccessful return from a self enforced hiatus from the game to deal with personal issues.

The Titans highest paid player is on a deal north of one million a season, but is unlikely to play again for the rest of the year.

“If you subsidise 500k for him to play elsewhere you have 500k free to buy a player,” Garry said.

“It’s worth it. They aren’t a top 8 team next year with him anyway.

“The issue is - if they don’t subsidise and I mean 400k plus. He’s not going. And that’s a million on their books.

“Personally, I think a new club would be ideal. Dragons, Roosters or Tigers could be good for him. He’s going backwards where he is.”

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He's still very talented. Just not the man to lead the Titans.

Get him into a good side like the Raiders and I think they'd complete each other nicely. Sezer isn't going to last forever.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He's massively overrated. That's what you get for paying for potential. I wouldnt take him for 500k... Right now he's worth around 350k.

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He's massively overrated. That's what you get for paying for potential. I wouldnt take him for 500k... Right now he's worth around 350k.
If that.

Wherever he ends up, the club would need to employ someone to say nice things about him on social media otherwise his dad will ark up and he'll have another meltdown

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Shit based on this year's form and attendance, he's worth about $1.75

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Over hyped and over paid made the bloke believe he was a phenom but he got a reality check, his bubble burst and he got lazy in the process.

Also, I like how that bloke in the article throws up the Roosters as a team to take him lol.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Crazy how a players price can get way over inflated in certain situations (like Mbye the half who wasnt). Taylor was getting more money than Tedesco, Ponga, T Turbo, C Cronk. How can that happen lol, he isnt qualified to clean the boots of these guys

Blueandwhiteblood1968

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can't see any other club making an offer, how is this guy on over $1 mil a season and I thought we had it bad with Foran, at least Foran is a class player when he's not injured.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I’d take him. Depends how long his deal is. 2 years for 500k a year is low risk considering we gave Foran 1.2 million to play 12 games a year.

And if he clicks he is a game changer. If he doesn’t he is no worse then Lewis.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
NO THANK YOU..!!

Would of been keen. As said too much talent for his own good, and unless somebody is continuously stroking his ego he will never realise his full potential!! Which is a pitty because he is very talented.

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was a big fan of Ash Taylor when he was coming thru the ranks and thought that he had the quality to dominate the league... even now, I still believe he has a higher ceiling than someone like Cleary

but things have gone off the rails for him, his conditioning is poor and whenever I hear about a 20-something footballer whose life consists of training, one football game a week and a high 6 figure salary needing time away to deal with mental issues, I stop having time for them

Taylor should go back to the Broncos