Opinion Give Dean Pay a contract next year

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He got us cHN, and DWZ and they want Ramien and API so the recruitment is definitely in the right frame of mind
Not arguing mate. If he gets a quality side under him he'd have a better chance, its just whether he picks the right side.

For us to get these quality signings we need a solid & stable Coaching staff not one that could possibly change from year to year.

A call needs to be made on the Coach ASAP for the next few years, whether its Pay or not. Its Critical to 2021 "War Chest" is used right

BulldogsNRL

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Not arguing mate. If he gets a quality side under him he'd have a better chance, its just whether he picks the right side.

For us to get these quality signings we need a solid & stable Coaching staff not one that could possibly change from year to year.

A call needs to be made on the Coach ASAP for the next few years, whether its Pay or not. Its Critical to 2021 "War Chest" is used right
Excatly but I’d keep him cause the players are adapting and next year we won’t be getting rid of experience like j moz and b moz so we will have a relitavely same team without the 8 players we signed

BulldogsNRL

Kennel Established
Reaction score
We also had to keep chopping and changing the team cause we couldn’t win games.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He who wakes up early, yawns all day long. It's toooo early in the morning to get into this.......now where's my coffee.

Last edited:

Mr. Ditkovich

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would have preferred Holbrook for next year, but we’re stuck with Pay and there’s nothing we can do about it.

As always, I’ll give him another chance next year to prove himself.
But based on this year, I don’t have much confidence in his ability to be head coach.

Who knows, maybe next year can be his breakout year.

2ndphase

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Its a no from me!

Last edited:

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Thought he deserved next year to prove himself, after we get a few key signings before then. I believe he already has a contract for next year but not after that yet? For me to be happy with him id expect to at least be fringe 8 next year, and preferably in the 8

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I personally couldn't give a rats. I'm more interested in the players we're getting TBH

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He should be treated like any other employee in a key role. KPI'S for him should already be in place including the net result for this year and where we are after the 1st 10 rounds of 2020. Clearly the board appears comfortable at the moment with how things are going and I dont suspect that will change unless we get flogged in our last 4 games..

If we are at least competitive and secure one or 2 more players like Api etc. there wont be a change of coach or board in February no matter what the collective expertise on either side of the Kennel ledger suggest. The on field performance and results from the last few weeks have certainly eased the pressure even though it is similar to last years run.

Even though I am on the unconvinced of Pay side of the argument, a 1-12 win on Saturday against Soufs would be nice..