News Bulldogs face dilemma as club can’t afford Koroisau, Ramien and Ese’ese

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Surely Api and Ramien would be the priorities??
Agree though Herman would help
And offer something we lack, a big body impact that should be able to bring immediate change off the bench.

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
ROFL @ the incompetent media. It changes every hour:

Back on the cards

A couple of days ago, the Bulldogs were resigned to missing out on Knights hardman Herman Ese'ese for 2020.

Ese'ese headed a hit list that included sacked Knight Jesse Ramien and Manly hooker Api Koroisau - but the club couldn't make the numbers work under the salary cap.

But 48 hours is a long time in rugby league and the Bulldogs have done some manouvering with the figures and are now close to coming to terms with Ese'ese.

With four wins in their last six games, the Dogs have shown they are not far off being a good team and the impending arrival of Ese'ese, Koroisau and Ramien will make their squad look a lot more impressive.
https://www.sportingnews.com/au/lea...t-barrett-lurker/1pgkqidvnc46f1rj6c6uon930k/2

Dannyboi88

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Koroisau I’m not fussed either ain’t a superstar and ramian we could do with and Herman I ain’t fussed Ramien is a must Koroisau don’t stay anywhere for very long I’d rather save the money and land a big fish next year

Snake

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What’s kennellers thoughts on Ramiens overall skill set ? What We know is he has raw strength and speed and can break tackles. But what’s the rest of his game like ? Does he link well with his wing man? Can he catch, draw and pass under pressure ? What’s his defensive reads like ? General game awareness?

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Agree though Herman would help
And offer something we lack, a big body impact that should be able to bring immediate change off the bench.
Yep we definitely do lack the enforcer especially considering Napa didn't turn out to be that guy. I think Ogden with more size can play that role. I would bench Napa, he certainly isn't a starter for me. Think we need a hooker and a centre more though at this stage of the game. Would certainly improve next year one would hope.

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
To'Omaga gets some more Confidence and more game time (which confidence comes from) he could be that big body we currently lack.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
To'Omaga gets some more Confidence and more game time (which confidence comes from) he could be that big body we currently lack.
He could but he also couldn’t. Nothing wrong with having a couple of big bodies.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
What’s kennellers thoughts on Ramiens overall skill set ? What We know is he has raw strength and speed and can break tackles. But what’s the rest of his game like ? Does he link well with his wing man? Can he catch, draw and pass under pressure ? What’s his defensive reads like ? General game awareness?
He's a tank.
I think Ramien needs to be the "main man" on his side. Whoever you put on the Wing next to him isn't going to get a lot of ball. I think Reimis next to him would be sick with Reimis being more supportive, ready for an offload. I'm sure Ramien can work on when it's better to pass.

Vek

Kennel Established
Reaction score
imo forget ese and ramien, focus on Api. Lewis can play centre and our forwards just need better physical training theyll be fine.

What we need is a 9 with current skill. The rest we can make do with for now.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
imo forget ese and ramien, focus on Api. Lewis can play centre and our forwards just need better physical training theyll be fine.

What we need is a 9 with current skill. The rest we can make do with for now.
You can't say Lewis can play Centre. That's the biggest gamble ever, which would probably end with Lewis out of the side and Holland coming back in... I personally don't think Lewis has the skill set for any position other then Halfback, I'm not sure why people keep saying he's a Centre, Hooker, Lock, etc...

youoboys

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Koroisau isn’t that good. Rather pay lichaa minimum wage and keep him in reserves. It’s not a burger without beetroot

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Until it’s official :tearsofjoy:

2ndphase

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He's a tank.
I think Ramien needs to be the "main man" on his side. Whoever you put on the Wing next to him isn't going to get a lot of ball. I think Reimis next to him would be sick with Reimis being more supportive, ready for an offload. I'm sure Ramien can work on when it's better to pass.
Not once did Ramien passed the ball!
Remis would get a cold sitting out on the wing..

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Not once did Ramien passed the ball!
Remis would get a cold sitting out on the wing..
Yeah, but you can't put him with DWZ (or a premium Winger, e.g. Cotric or Vunivalu, if we keep DWZ Fullback). Look at Roberts and Gagai at Souths. Needs to be a balance. Hopoate is the complete opposite so gives us a bit of everything to work with.

berries1935

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Take this with a grain of salt, last year we were getting smashed in the media "we have no money" " we only have 14 players signed for next year"........next minute we are signing CHN, Crighton, Cogger, Meaney, Sue

But if we have to sacrifice 1 signing it will be Ese Ese Surely

Mr Shhh

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fuck sake. All this talk about not wanting to pay overs for new players is making my piss boil.
We need to use every last cent to sign these 3. If the cap don’t allow it, then use every $ to sign 2.
If we don’t add new players, then we can expect the same results next year.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Ramien and Api are a must, Im not the biggest fan of Ese'Ese so won't be too fussed with him not coming.

I'd hope the club could get Koroisau on a 2+1 deal with the option in the clubs favour.

Nexus

Super Duper Ultimate Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Koroisau I’m not fussed either ain’t a superstar and ramian we could do with and Herman I ain’t fussed Ramien is a must Koroisau don’t stay anywhere for very long I’d rather save the money and land a big fish next year
I dont want to be that guy, but gee dude, try using some punctuation. Reading that hurt my brain.