Opinion If our roster is so bad...

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
true and you have seen the change they have implemented with the juniors getting better and developing ... you guys always mention when Des was here he forgot about our juniors and in a year and a half they have got our juniors humming again ... give it next year and see how well we can improve ... the football Dept said they will build through our juniors (tick they are doing this) the head coach is still a question mark but at the start of the season i had us winning 7-10 games .. which we have won 7 already with 5 to go .. we have blooded a number of new players young and inexperienced some have worked out and some havent .. how do you assess the coaches performance what would be the bar ??
You say the head coach is still a question mark.

So do we. That's all.

And we have pointed out the areas of second rate coaching eg. Bench rotations, where's the madness, opposition will hurt and know theyve played the Bulldogs, playing favourites over better players eg players in question Montoya, Martin, Ofa, CHN, RFM, Smith, Elliott etc etc. These are fundamentals along with not fixing attack, halves kicking game, line speed, Tolman in the way etc etc.

No one expects miracles but some of you are happy to excuse the coach and accept we are second last with worst by far, for and against, and blame the weak roster.

We have shown that its only 4-6 players that we need to replace.

It's crazy to defend Pay come hell or high water with the easy out of it's a crap roster...it isn't. They may be playing crap but that's the coaches job.

Silly to keep on with this I guess.

You Pay defenders won't be changing our minds that he should be shouldering most of the blame for 15th and we won't be changing own minds that Pay could and should have been doing a lot better and we won't be solely blaming the players.

budgie69

Waterboy
Reaction score
You say the head coach is still a question mark.

So do we. That's all.

And we have pointed out the areas of second rate coaching eg. Bench rotations, where's the madness, opposition will hurt and know theyve played the Bulldogs, playing favourites over better players eg players in question Montoya, Martin, Ofa, CHN, RFM, Smith, Elliott etc etc. These are fundamentals along with not fixing attack, halves kicking game, line speed, Tolman in the way etc etc.

No one expects miracles but some of you are happy to excuse the coach and accept we are second last with worst by far, for and against, and blame the weak roster.

We have shown that its only 4-6 players that we need to replace.

It's crazy to defend Pay come hell or high water with the easy out of it's a crap roster...it isn't. They may be playing crap but that's the coaches job.

Silly to keep on with this I guess.

You Pay defenders won't be changing our minds that he should be shouldering most of the blame for 15th and we won't be changing own minds that Pay could and should have been doing a lot better and we won't be solely blaming the players.
understand what your saying but i dont think Pay is the problem .. the players you mentioned as better options have trouble defending whicjh is why i think they arent there plus we dont know what is going on training and from players attitude .. eg i heard Martin was dropped and left out cause he came back to training so much over weight and wasnt following the team fitness code ... there are reasons behind some of these decisions but we from computer think we know better then the staff about all that .. ogden has been found out on a number of occasions in defense same as RFM and CHN, Montoya and Martin .. where Elliot and Smith are better defenders but im just saying from what i can see again not privy to off field going ons . The team has won more than i expected and have exceeded the experts expectations. the play calling on the field is something none of us know what is said or planned .. the buck does stop with the coach but i still dont think we will win more games with another coach. the players are still putting in which great to watch and i think that indicates they still have Pay's back. where they seemed to stop playing for Des

bulldogtimbo

Hazem's kicking tee.
Reaction score
Knights out of form had a player put in the bin. Penrith out of form missing kikau. Sharks worst performance of the yr. Tigers 2 injured in 1st half. All lucky wins. None of them top teams.
2nd worst attack in the comp.
Lets see how we go nxt week against souths.
So how did we go against Souths the next week?