Get over it Pay haters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike Z

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
REGARDLESS of results with the team on paper we have fielded this year. Technically the least experienced players and youngest players still learning. We have done extremely well when you compare the dogs to a Dragons team full of origin players. Newcastle who has been building for 5 years and should be in the top 4. Even the cowboys have a few origin players and lot more experience. Warriors being built for years now.
In realistic terms and even though its late run of a few victories DEAN PAY HAS TO TAKE CREDIT. He is the coach and is coaching a reserve grade standard team and to win games at this time of the season only proves the players are playing for him and trying and Doing their best.
You all mention what has DEAN PAY done? He is building a culture which takes years to fix after what Hasler left. And what also new board just after that came in.
It was a very smart buisness move to EXTEND DEAN PAYS Contract so early in the season. It gave CREDIT to the board that they are not scared to make A HARD DECISION, It was a master stroke.
He deserves to coach until the end of 2021 after he has been able to buy and or build the Players he wants after the dogs have the cap space.
It is completed NOT FAIR that a NEW coach comes in 2021 and has it easy without working hard to
Build the team and working hard with all these younger players who by then might turn INTO SUPER STARS..
Meany with a bit more confidence and size can be a devastating winger FAST and great under the high ball. DWZ at FULL BACK.
Smith can move to centre with more ball and with his speed can be a superstar. Okonbor can be anythin on one wing.

*FAST BACKLINE ALL OF A SUDDEN AYE*

We need a origin rated centre. Cogger can be anything with the right forwards running with him.

So enough of blaming DEAN PAY he is the one working hard to fix this broken club. And you keep blaming and putting him down. That is just an excuse and it was known 2 years ago and common knowledge that it will take untl the 2021 season to be competitive.
Your judgement of PAY HAS NO MERIT.
Once he has done a
PAUL MCGREGOR WITH THAT INTERNATIONAL DRAGONS TEAM HE HAS

OR NATHAN BROWN WITH THAT 5 YEAR REBUILD.

A STEPHEN KEARNY

Or even that Parramatta coach who got the SPOON 2 times.

UNDER all circumstances we still have not got the spoon when we have the worst team based on experience on paper.

The REAL HONEST PERSON in his HEART would know Pay is doing a good job with what he has available.

The cowards would just blame PAY to make them self Feel better but really still feel like crap.

PAY WILL win a comp by 2022

And he will coach us for 10+ Years

As he is the one that should be credited for the culture build..the stuff on the FIELD will take care of it self once we get the right players.

Players need ability skill and experience to become successful players. Allow pay to do his job.

M.ZOABI
15/08/2019
1:35 am AEST

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I don't mind Pay, I wouldn't mind a top coach like Flanagan either tho if he was available. We've finished where most people expected us to finish. We lost the Morris brothers and Klemmer. Foran's been out for more then half the season. We're still paying at least 2 players at other clubs. If we can attract players, e.g. Hooker, Centre and a bench Prop for next season (the positions we're rumoured to strengthen) and improve on this season next season, 10th-12th range, then Pay's done a very good job IMO. We can see the players are still playing for him (the same way they did at the end of last season). I think Pay was brought in with being a stop gap coach in mind, but if he can show something next year I think he deserves to have a crack with the 2021 roster (but like I said, if a top coach was available, I wouldn't mind that either, it's a business after all).

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He wasn't the option I would have chosen, but many of the people screaming for him to be sacked also precipitated his appointment by screaming for DNA when the old board was feeling the pressure. I'm annoyed that we're hovering just off the bottom of the ladder. But it's a combination of both an inexperienced roster as well as the coach causing the issue. Any errors are easily compounded with an inexperienced team. We'd be higher on the ladder if the refs gave us our portion of 50/50 calls too.

So while I'm not sure if Pay will ever get the results we want, I'm not going to scream for his sacking. And I wasn't a fan of his appointment. And he hasn't won me over on his success rate. But I'll support whatever decision the club makes whether it be to let him see out 2020 and recruit a different coach for next year.

Gabe

Kennel Established
Reaction score
What a load of nonsense.
This squad has underperformed because of poor team selections, constant changing of tactics and positions and poor bench rotation.

Pay is not an NRL level coach, this was obviouse after round 3.

Last edited:

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I swear Dean Pay replaced Des as a cult leader for some fans... It was hardly a "master stroke" appointing or extending Pay and I can't see how a 30% win rate with his team averaging 13 points a game would can be classified as such.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
REGARDLESS of results with the team on paper we have fielded this year. Technically the least experienced players and youngest players still learning. We have done extremely well when you compare the dogs to a Dragons team full of origin players. Newcastle who has been building for 5 years and should be in the top 4. Even the cowboys have a few origin players and lot more experience. Warriors being built for years now.
In realistic terms and even though its late run of a few victories DEAN PAY HAS TO TAKE CREDIT. He is the coach and is coaching a reserve grade standard team and to win games at this time of the season only proves the players are playing for him and trying and Doing their best.
You all mention what has DEAN PAY done? He is building a culture which takes years to fix after what Hasler left. And what also new board just after that came in.
It was a very smart buisness move to EXTEND DEAN PAYS Contract so early in the season. It gave CREDIT to the board that they are not scared to make A HARD DECISION, It was a master stroke.
He deserves to coach until the end of 2021 after he has been able to buy and or build the Players he wants after the dogs have the cap space.
It is completed NOT FAIR that a NEW coach comes in 2021 and has it easy without working hard to
Build the team and working hard with all these younger players who by then might turn INTO SUPER STARS..
Meany with a bit more confidence and size can be a devastating winger FAST and great under the high ball. DWZ at FULL BACK.
Smith can move to centre with more ball and with his speed can be a superstar. Okonbor can be anythin on one wing.

*FAST BACKLINE ALL OF A SUDDEN AYE*

We need a origin rated centre. Cogger can be anything with the right forwards running with him.

So enough of blaming DEAN PAY he is the one working hard to fix this broken club. And you keep blaming and putting him down. That is just an excuse and it was known 2 years ago and common knowledge that it will take untl the 2021 season to be competitive.
Your judgement of PAY HAS NO MERIT.
Once he has done a
PAUL MCGREGOR WITH THAT INTERNATIONAL DRAGONS TEAM HE HAS

OR NATHAN BROWN WITH THAT 5 YEAR REBUILD.

A STEPHEN KEARNY

Or even that Parramatta coach who got the SPOON 2 times.

UNDER all circumstances we still have not got the spoon when we have the worst team based on experience on paper.

The REAL HONEST PERSON in his HEART would know Pay is doing a good job with what he has available.

The cowards would just blame PAY to make them self Feel better but really still feel like crap.

PAY WILL win a comp by 2022

And he will coach us for 10+ Years

As he is the one that should be credited for the culture build..the stuff on the FIELD will take care of it self once we get the right players.

Players need ability skill and experience to become successful players. Allow pay to do his job.

M.ZOABI
15/08/2019
1:35 am AEST
This season is a carbon copy of last season... we sucked arse until we were completely out of the finals race and we win a few nothing games. Don't get to attached to any combinations as Dean likes to mess em all up in the offseason.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Is it possible for people to have an opinion on something without rubbishing others for their difference of opinion ?? FFS people its a bit ridiculous.

Delta

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Pay hardly the only issue... we just don't have a great squad.

liljohny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You must be on some good shit to be posting this novel at 130am on a Thursday morning

Paulie Gualtieri

Previously Shrimp
Reaction score
we have had 6 good......ok......meh games and you think we have had a good season lol

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Wow and you posted this at 3/4am NZ time lol..:tired:

What a load of crap, calling people who have their own opinion on #payout keyboard warriors :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy: just like yourself we/they are Entitled to have our say..!!!

#payspets are no diff!! And I myself as a pay hater as you call it, don’t want him here.. I will never Change my mind. I stand by what I say. And he must go!!

We need a Better coach, We want our team to be successful and want what’s best for this great club!!! I love my Bulldogs, like we all do,

#paymustgo

Last edited:

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
After the Hasler debacle and by that I mean (the way he used our club for his own personal gain while destroying our clubs long term future re back ending contracts neglecting junior development), our club had no choice but to appoint someone who has Bulldogs DNA.
Id forgive him for deserting in 1996, the massive anti SL propaganda which was not counter acted by supporters of SL would have had an affect on most young players, plus the fact that he and the others received much bigger offers from the ARL, he may now realize that if it was not for SL he would have remained on peanuts for the rest of his career.
However like many on TK, I think that some of his team selections and bench rotations are mind boggling, but we are all looking at it from a long way away.
It does look like that with the current board and Pay the focus is short pain for long term gain.
With the previous board and Hasler it was short gain for long term pain.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow and you posted this at 3/4am NZ time lol..:tired:

What a load of crap, calling people who have their own opinion on #payout keyboard warriors :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy: just like yourself we/they are Entitled to have our say..!!!

#payspets are no diff!! And I myself as a pay hater as you call it, don’t want him here.. I will never Change my mind. I stand by what I say. And he must go!!

We need. Batter coach. We want our team to be successful and want what’s best for this great club!!!

#paymustgo
I would settle for a better coach not a batter coach

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
IMO The club needs to re think what it does in the off season . Apart from an ordinary roster, the starts of the last two seasons suggests the club was a long way behind most other clubs in strength n condition. At least they are now admitting and acting on the fact they got defence all wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.