News First in: Bulldogs table offers to star trio but can only afford two

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Guys, we are playing hard ball on all 3 signings. Don’t listen to reports that we can’t afford all 3, we can.. the only reason we will miss out is IF we feel motives of player aren’t the right ones... big club mentality is what the andersons are instilling, we won’t pay overs and they’re sticking by that... exciting news will be announced shortly
Hope so bro... heard so many “done deals” lately...

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I wonder if that’s 1 mill in free cash (from woods, mbye, etc coming off our books.

Or if it is 1 million including all our current off contract players.

At the end of the day Lichaa is on about 700k this year. His deal was back ended. If we can get rid of Foran and even chip in 500k theoretically that’s 1.2 million.

Neither of these players are game changes for us. But it’s way better then we have at the moment.

Does the club want to just be better then now or build towards a premiership contender.

I’m a bit suspect of Api. For the coin being rumoured, you’d expect a top line hooker. But he hasn’t played more then 20 games a season in his last few years.

I know I’ll get shot down but maybe the devil we know (JMK) is better then the devil we don’t.

I have been impressed with JMK service, defence and his running game picked up pre injury.

Fair enough not in the top 10 best hookers in the Comp. but he is a fringe first grader so doubt he’d break the bank. And hetherington could be a decent back up in the next year or 2.
How is Lichaa on 700k? Pay re-signed him when no one else wanted him, no chance he earned anywhere near that with his latest contract.

Dogs2004

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I wonder if that’s 1 mill in free cash (from woods, mbye, etc coming off our books.

Or if it is 1 million including all our current off contract players.

At the end of the day Lichaa is on about 700k this year. His deal was back ended. If we can get rid of Foran and even chip in 500k theoretically that’s 1.2 million.

Neither of these players are game changes for us. But it’s way better then we have at the moment.

Does the club want to just be better then now or build towards a premiership contender.

I’m a bit suspect of Api. For the coin being rumoured, you’d expect a top line hooker. But he hasn’t played more then 20 games a season in his last few years.

I know I’ll get shot down but maybe the devil we know (JMK) is better then the devil we don’t.

I have been impressed with JMK service, defence and his running game picked up pre injury.

Fair enough not in the top 10 best hookers in the Comp. but he is a fringe first grader so doubt he’d break the bank. And hetherington could be a decent back up in the next year or 2.
lichaa was resigned under pay and new boards watch so he cant be backended

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Anyone or marquee players (e.g. Trbojevic brothers, Latrell, Arrow, etc)?
If you look at who we're bringing in (or brought in), DWZ, Koroisau, Ramien and Ese'ese were not wanted by their clubs. I think that's because 'in theory' that's where we're going to get the best $/output.
Both Api and Ramien are potentially key signings. If we sign them along with DWZ that's 3 biggish signings within a couple months despite us being told we couldn't sign shit.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
How is Lichaa on 700k? Pay re-signed him when no one else wanted him, no chance he earned anywhere near that with his latest contract.
I think it was because we were over the cap the first year. So he basically played for minimum. And he got topped up hos second year.

Was only 400k a season. But because we were so over the cap he is on close to 700k this year (if not 700 then definitely 650)

Real1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think it was because we were over the cap the first year. So he basically played for minimum. And he got topped up hos second year.

Was only 400k a season. But because we were so over the cap he is on close to 700k this year (if not 700 then definitely 650)
Licha is not on 650-700.... far from it... his back ended deal expired and signed a new contract with us

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
lichaa was resigned under pay and new boards watch so he cant be backended
Didn’t the new board take over in February? And Lichaa was resigned in November?

Anyways. I’m not too sure. But we had no cap space at all in 2018 so he was supposedly “fixed” up this year

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score

No chance. He literally had a farewell on the field and was going to take up a regular job until we gave him a 2 year offer, no way he earned more than a couple hundred K.

HaceDog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I call BS. When they resigned him I remember figures somewhere around 150k per year. No one wanted him, why the fuck would we pay anywhere near 400k a year.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

You are on drugs mate there’s no chance he’s on even half of 700

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I call BS. When they resigned him I remember figures somewhere around 150k per year. No one wanted him, why the fuck would we pay anywhere near 400k a year.
Why would we give hoppa 850k and Foran 1.2 million :p

Anyways I agree with you. Anything over minimum for him is absurd. But yeh. Wouldn’t surprise me if he is on a similar contract to Eastwood. Who took understand one year and was on big money on his last.

But hey. Not picking a fight :p

Just what I was told.

HaceDog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I don't believe any figures the media report. Most of the time they are made up. The point is I think you have definitely been misinformed on Lichaa. As I said, no other club wanted him. He would not have gotten a pay rise from his reported 330k he got in his first 3 years.
Why would we give hoppa 850k and Foran 1.2 million

Anyways I agree with you. Anything over minimum for him is absurd. But yeh. Wouldn’t surprise me if he is on a similar contract to Eastwood. Who took understand one year and was on big money on his last.

But hey. Not picking a fight

Just what I was told.

PoundHounds

Kennel Established
Reaction score
It’s a negotiation tactic they are just putting their feet to the fire.
Yep. Doing it rather well in the context of other clubs/managers comments recently too. Guess time will tell but I like it.

pisssst

CEO
Reaction score
With the way these negotiations are being drawn out, I'd rather the club saved the money for later in the offseason when even more players become available.

A 3 year deal for Api with his injury history would be unwise. Especially on anything above 450k.. Ramien isn't worth 500k yet. He may end being worth it, but with his attitude and diva-ish ways it could be a huge risk on a 3 year deal.

All three would make the squad better but not enough to make a huge difference that someone at their rumoured salary should.

We're all desperate for signings but long term deals at decent money for these three would be a risk the club shouldn't take. Save the money for the real stars coming off contract like Fifita, the Turbos, Latrell, Cotric etc and the next young spine stars like Papenhuyzen and Grant etc..
You make it sound like if we have the money, all the players you mentioned would sign on the dotted line lol

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Yes he is hoppa is on more and couldn't break through a plastic bag
I think Hopoate is worth 400k if we're going to offer him another deal. Ramien is worth 500k in my eyes.

pisssst

CEO
Reaction score
Why would we give hoppa 850k and Foran 1.2 million :p

But hey. Not picking a fight :p

Just what I was told.
Who ever told you that mate was pissing in your ear.

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Both Api and Ramien are potentially key signings. If we sign them along with DWZ that's 3 biggish signings within a couple months despite us being told we couldn't sign shit.
We’re talking 2 maybe 3 mid-tier salary players. It’s not exactly a cash splashing extravaganza

The money is coming from;
Mbye 100-200k
Woods 100-200k
Brown 350-400k
Fualalo 250-300k
Tualau 200k
Lichaa 200k
Olive 200k

The combined salaries of Martin and Saddler would’ve been the dollars to get the DWZ deal over the line.

Shrewd business if you ask me.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
We’re talking 2 maybe 3 mid-tier salary players. It’s not exactly a cash splashing extravaganza

The money is coming from;
Mbye 100-200k
Woods 100-200k
Brown 350-400k
Fualalo 250-300k
Tualau 200k
Lichaa 200k
Olive 200k

The combined salaries of Martin and Saddler would’ve been the dollars to get the DWZ deal over the line.

Shrewd business if you ask me.
Brown 350-400? Ouch. I actually don't mind Fualalo for 200-300k.