News First in: Bulldogs table offers to star trio but can only afford two

Paulie Gualtieri

Previously Shrimp
Reaction score
I like the idea of buying/offering 2 - 3 players at a time. If we are any chance of getting a big/decent name to our squad we need to offer a few contracts at a time. Highly doubt a Tedesco or Ponga type player would come to the club if he is the only big name getting an offer.

Last edited:

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
With the way these negotiations are being drawn out, I'd rather the club saved the money for later in the offseason when even more players become available.

A 3 year deal for Api with his injury history would be unwise. Especially on anything above 450k.. Ramien isn't worth 500k yet. He may end being worth it, but with his attitude and diva-ish ways it could be a huge risk on a 3 year deal.

All three would make the squad better but not enough to make a huge difference that someone at their rumoured salary should.

We're all desperate for signings but long term deals at decent money for these three would be a risk the club shouldn't take. Save the money for the real stars coming off contract like Fifita, the Turbos, Latrell, Cotric etc and the next young spine stars like Papenhuyzen and Grant etc..

Last edited:

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Guys, we are playing hard ball on all 3 signings. Don’t listen to reports that we can’t afford all 3, we can.. the only reason we will miss out is IF we feel motives of player aren’t the right ones... big club mentality is what the andersons are instilling, we won’t pay overs and they’re sticking by that... exciting news will be announced shortly
Is there a plan if we miss out on all targets
Or have we got a few of em already

Real1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
With the way these negotiations are being drawn out, I'd rather the club saved the money for later in the offseason when even more players become available.

A 3 year deal for Api with his injury history would be unwise. Especially on anything above 450k.. Ramien isn't worth 500k yet. He may end being worth it, but with his attitude and diva-ish ways it could be a huge risk on a 3 year deal.

All three would make the squad better but not enough to make a huge difference that someone at their rumoured salary should.

We're all desperate for signings but long term deals at decent money for these three would be a risk the club shouldn't take. Save the money for the real stars coming off contract like Fifita, the Turbos, Latrell, Cotric etc and the next young spine stats like Papenhuyzen and Grant etc..
The offers you think are being made are nowhere near what we are offering don’t believe all the BS, warriors offered 500k, we are well under that... our offer to korisau is pretty much a take it or leave it offer, we aren’t negotiating a higher deal with him..

Ramien was on 300k at knights, we aren’t offering anything over, he’s only had 1 full season of nrl, and we have stressed that in our negotiations...

We are signing players who want to play for us. Have faith in the process

Dannyboi88

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
They definitely have more then they say they do if the player managers know that they will try fuck us

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
None of the offers should be more than 2 years!

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The offers you think are being made are nowhere near what we are offering don’t believe all the BS, warriors offered 500k, we are well under that... our offer to korisau is pretty much a take it or leave it offer, we aren’t negotiating a higher deal with him..

Ramien was on 300k at knights, we aren’t offering anything over, he’s only had 1 full season of nrl, and we have stressed that in our negotiations...

I don't really believe anything in the media, we'rejust debating the merits of what is reported.. If what you say is true, that's good to know but that would likely mean missing out on both. Which I'm fine with as neither are worth overpaying for.

As I said, I'd much prefer two year deals for anyone but young or established stars so hopefully they're not offering a three year deal to Api.

Thanks for sharing what you've heard.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

I bloody hope this is the case!

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Josh Reynolds or resign Lichaa :tonguewink: I'd sign someone short term (or just rely more heavily on JMK) and sign Harry Grant for 2021.
Jmk could go the 80, I'm just not sure he goes as well playing the full game.

Lichaa 2 year deal
That would be a nightmare. I'd be so disappointed with that.

Issac Luke? I reckon he would be handy pick up
The thought crossed my mind, you're a braver person than me for putting up the option. He would bring experience but only be a short term solution.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Out of these 3 I would take in following order:
1. Api - we need a decent hooker, definately an improvement on what we have..

2. Ramien - has potential to be one of best centres in game... Plus our outside backs need strengthening..

3. Herman - I dont rate him highly... Still has developing to do.. But would be welcome depth at right price...

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Everyone gives the Anderson’s slack, but they’re really going all out to ensure that players come here for the right reasons, hence the tough big club mentality that is being installed within the club.
I guess we shall see mate. Are we talking tomorrow, days, week/s on some announcements either way?

oldpuppy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is a good ploy from the club if true. Scare the 3 players managers into accepting their value and not expect overs as what they're implying lately.
We might nab all 3 at a fair price if their bluffs are indeed bluffs.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
So we have about 1m in the salary cap for next year. I'm assuming we'd be willing to pay Ramien 500k, Koroisau 400k and Ese'ese 300k.
I wonder if that’s 1 mill in free cash (from woods, mbye, etc coming off our books.

Or if it is 1 million including all our current off contract players.

At the end of the day Lichaa is on about 700k this year. His deal was back ended. If we can get rid of Foran and even chip in 500k theoretically that’s 1.2 million.

Neither of these players are game changes for us. But it’s way better then we have at the moment.

Does the club want to just be better then now or build towards a premiership contender.

I’m a bit suspect of Api. For the coin being rumoured, you’d expect a top line hooker. But he hasn’t played more then 20 games a season in his last few years.

I know I’ll get shot down but maybe the devil we know (JMK) is better then the devil we don’t.

I have been impressed with JMK service, defence and his running game picked up pre injury.

Fair enough not in the top 10 best hookers in the Comp. but he is a fringe first grader so doubt he’d break the bank. And hetherington could be a decent back up in the next year or 2.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Everyone gives the Anderson’s slack, but they’re really going all out to ensure that players come here for the right reasons, hence the tough big club mentality that is being installed within the club.
I'm one of the few on here that has faith in the process. I just hope it comes to fruition.