Bulldogs to miss out on key signing target Herman Ese'ese, two priorities remain

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey,
Got word from a close friend of Anthony Politis who said that they can't keep latrell beyond his current contract so he will be on the market for new suitors to vie for his signature.

Hoping that having bennett at souths would stem his interest in going to redfern.

Praying that we are able to snag him and seeing him in our blue and white jersey.

Living though, in a hope and a prayer.
Who's Anthony Politis.

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Who says the Broncos are struggling for cap space? They’ve off loaded Kahu, Roberts and Nikorima and don’t have to re-sign a guy like Glenn if they need the room. Not sure what’s happening with Oates yet but he’d go too if they had to
seibold says thats who, he said in media articles when signing jake turpin that the cap pressure is starting to squeeze the broncos,

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Who says the Broncos are struggling for cap space? They’ve off loaded Kahu, Roberts and Nikorima and don’t have to re-sign a guy like Glenn if they need the room. Not sure what’s happening with Oates yet but he’d go too if they had to
I would of thought if we're keeping DWZ at Fullback Oates would of been 1 of our key signings, he wouldn't/isn't going to be cheap tho. Also he is of contract next year which means we don't have a lot of $ to work with (especially if we want a Hooker and Centre too).

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I wasn’t quoting you but not sure what I didn’t already address in your post already?
Boyd, McCullough and Bird are all off contract the same time as Fifita. I doubt they won’t prioritise him over the others. Unless we want to pay massive overs I doubt we’ll get a look in
You're probably right, I'm expecting him to stay. But I think in the future he could be worth a million or more a season. Obviously he's not worth that now but either way our club should throw him a huge offer his way to tempt him or at the very least make Brisbane pay more.

Blueandwhiteblood1968

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Instead of going for middle class players like Ese'ese the hierarchy need to be gunning for Jake Trbojevic, his asking price is high but well worth it, I think our team is destined to be where average players go to relax and put their feet up while waiting to retire.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Instead of going for middle class players like Ese'ese the hierarchy need to be gunning for Jake Trbojevic, his asking price is high but well worth it, I think our team is destined to be where average players go to relax and put their feet up while waiting to retire.
Ese'ese would be a signing for 2020 - also for the bench (we shouldn't pay anymore then 300k). Jake would be a signing for 2021. I think Jake would cost 1.2m. We have CHN and Stimson for Second Rowers and I think we're going to Keep Jackson to play Lock. Is it worth getting Jake to play Prop, 50-60 minutes? I would, but others might not. 1st marquee players we should be going after are Tom and Jake then 2nd Latrell (need a goal kicker so that's a bonus) and Arrow.

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ese'ese would be a signing for 2020 - also for the bench (we shouldn't pay anymore then 300k). Jake would be a signing for 2021. I think Jake would cost 1.2m. We have CHN and Stimson for Second Rowers and I think we're going to Keep Jackson to play Lock. Is it worth getting Jake to play Prop, 50-60 minutes? I would, but others might not. 1st marquee players we should be going after are Tom and Jake then 2nd Latrell (need a goal kicker so that's a bonus) and Arrow.
i'd make the hard decision and let Jackson go. As good as he has been for us, he would be asking alot as this will probably be his last contract considering his 28. We need to allocate that money to players of a higher quality.

Aristidiz

Bullwog
Reaction score
i'd make the hard decision and let Jackson go. As good as he has been for us, he would be asking alot as this will probably be his last contract considering his 28. We need to allocate that money to players of a higher quality.
Agreed, plenty of better options out there for 2021

Snake

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agreed, plenty of better options out there for 2021
I would respectively disagree. Every pack needs that calm experienced head with a big ticker like Jackson. it’s hard to find those qualities on the market or in younger players.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I would respectively disagree. Every pack needs that calm experienced head with a big ticker like Jackson. it’s hard to find those qualities on the market or in younger players.
I'd keep Jackson, but if you take his money and add 200k-300k to it you could get a David Fifita. I'm not sure what other players would be worth doing this for tho. Jackson is solid and experienced. Need some players like that in the team.

Aristidiz

Bullwog
Reaction score
We need a couple of experienced heads that have been part of a winning culture though, Josh Jackson is our nathan hindmarsh, will never quite get us to a premiership

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Am I the only one that doesn't rate Ese'ese?

And WTH!!?? We're prioritising a Hooker and Centre signing above a Prop forward!!!??? Something mustn't be right!
Dont get excited.. we will probably end up with another second rower..

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I know you like Arrow but with his price tag that is a massive mistake! Great worker but he doesn’t have half the tools J Turbo has.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I know you like Arrow but with his price tag that is a massive mistake! Great worker but he doesn’t have half the tools J Turbo has.
What other Props do you suggest instead? Taukeiaho will be 29 by the time we can sign him.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
What other Props do you suggest instead? Taukeiaho will be 29 by the time we can sign him.
Well if we sign Ese Ese we have him and Britt off the bench as front row rotation for Napa and Tolman who will be more effective on less minutes. Hopefully RT develops into what we hope he can be and then we go after a dynamic prop with foot work and offload e.g Hamlin Uele from sharks big Tino from Storm, Taupau, AFB from manly. I really want someone devastating for that type of $$$ cause you have enough workers in the team already. And agree with Taukeiaho but there is a few clubs under the pump with salary cap so they may release someone like him a year early.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Well if we sign Ese Ese we have him and Britt off the bench as front row rotation for Napa and Tolman who will be more effective on less minutes. Hopefully RT develops into what we hope he can be and then we go after a dynamic prop with foot work and offload e.g Hamlin Uele from sharks big Tino from Storm, Taupau, AFB from manly. I really want someone devastating for that type of $$$ cause you have enough workers in the team already. And agree with Taukeiaho but there is a few clubs under the pump with salary cap so they may release someone like him a year early.
I'd just really like to see some big names. Just they're going to be pricey. I think we have about ~4m to add to our current team after retaining players so we might as well spend it (obviously somewhat smart). If we were to sign Ramien, Koroisau and Ese'ese we'd then have ~3m.