Opinion Full Metal Racket // Short Fast Loud

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
New Slipknot would be even better if the filler tracks weren't on it. Most enjoyable Slipknot album since Vol. 3 for me though.

Listen to new Tool a couple times.. It could have come from any of the albums that aren't Aenima and I wouldn't have been able to tell.
You summed Slipknot up perfectly. I really like it but there is some generic filler in there.

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
New one from As I Lay Dying.

I’m liking all of their new tracks, is it just mean or are the “cleans” way more pronounced than ever before on these new tracks?

Tim still on the roids also by the looks of things lol.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
I’m liking all of their new tracks, is it just mean or are the “cleans” way more pronounced than ever before on these new tracks?

Tim still on the roids also by the looks of things lol.
Yeah me too. I am looking forward to the new album. AILD got me into metalcore back in the day.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
New AILD is the most metalcore thing ever.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
YouTube guitar geek Nik Nokturnal is doing a live 24 hour stream where he has successfully covered the entire new Slipknot album by ear. I went to sleep last night and watching a bit, woke up this morning and the **** was still going. He's still streaming now but actually finished it. He's a freak.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
YouTube guitar geek Nik Nokturnal is doing a live 24 hour stream where he has successfully covered the entire new Slipknot album by ear. I went to sleep last night and watching a bit, woke up this morning and the **** was still going. He's still streaming now but actually finished it. He's a freak.
Talking of Nick Nokturnal, how about his Slavic Metal song he posted the other day. Made me laugh but it's also catchy.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
New Killswitch Engage album is out today.

Only a little ways into it but so far I'm really liking it

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
New Killswitch Engage album is out today.

Only a little ways into it but so far I'm really liking it

Solid track. I'm gonna give the album a listen to tonight at work. Best thing about working by yourself you can crank the tunes and not have to worry about co workers complaining about your metal music. Win :-)

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Solid track. I'm gonna give the album a listen to tonight at work. Best thing about working by yourself you can crank the tunes and not have to worry about co workers complaining about your metal music. Win :-)
I listened to the album once over and so far it's probably my least favourite KSE album. It just seems to lack anything really good or interesting. The sound is a bit like original KSE but also very generic.

I'll give it a few more listens and it may grow on me

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I listened to the album once over and so far it's probably my least favourite KSE album. It just seems to lack anything really good or interesting. The sound is a bit like original KSE but also very generic.

I'll give it a few more listens and it may grow on me
I’m still way more Howard than I am Jesse, that will always be my gripe.

Don’t get me wrong, they’ve made great tunes with Jesse, but Howard will always be the man in my book.

Far superior vocal range...

Should probably spin the album myself before I comment further though.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I’m still way more Howard than I am Jesse, that will always be my gripe.

Don’t get me wrong, they’ve made great tunes with Jesse, but Howard will always be the man in my book.

Far superior vocal range...

Should probably spin the album myself before I comment further though.
I preferred Howard until Disarm the Descent. That and Incarnate are amazing albums.

This isn't a great album though. There's not much clean vocals so it just sounds like the original KSE.

Oddly enough, a Howard album is still my favourite (As the Daylight Dies)

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I preferred Howard until Disarm the Descent. That and Incarnate are amazing albums.

This isn't a great album though. There's not much clean vocals so it just sounds like the original KSE.

Oddly enough, a Howard album is still my favourite (As the Daylight Dies)
I always found Jesse’s vocals a little bit forced where Howard just has a natural range.

The End of Heartache for me is where it’s at, it’s like a defining album for me - lyrically and then obviously personally as he recorded it just after his mum died...

It’s just really in the feels zone for me...

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Light The Torch album is far better than new KSE.

Atonement sounds boring to me - which has been my feeling with every Killswitch album since As Daylight Dies.

Times Of Grace is still better than all of their projects though.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
@Hacky McAxe So I gave the KSE album a listen to at work last night and I definitely agree with you about your appraisal of it. It started good with the first two songs but then just drifted off into a pretty bland experience after that. I'll give it a couple more listens and see if it grows on me but at the moment not a lot of songs stand out.

@Baseball Furies I agree with you on Howard Jones. His time with Killswitch was when I enjoyed the band the most, nothing against Jesse I like him too but Howard was on a whole new level.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Light The Torch album is far better than new KSE.

Atonement sounds boring to me - which has been my feeling with every Killswitch album since As Daylight Dies.

Times Of Grace is still better than all of their projects though.
I loved the last two KSE albums with Jesse but they were much cleaner. Similar to Time of Grace. This album is more like the original Jesse albums. Too Metalcore and lacking any real substance.