What is your job/occupation?

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I read greenkeeping is one of the least stressful careers in the world, how was it?
Great job. But it can be stressful as everyone who plays on the course is an expert and tells you how to do your job.

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Probably not enough. I have a huge gum tree out the front that is filled with annoying birds at the moment. The entire lawn is literally covered in gum nuts and sticks in a daily basis. Does this smother the grass?
Gum tree that’s your drama
Ever seen lush grass under a gum tree?
Shallow rooted for a tree and suck up all the moisture close to surface, that plus a lot of shade equals shit for most grass types
What sort of grass do you have?

El_Magic

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’m a Kitchen Draftsman. Been doing it for 4 years now. Was in the factory making them for 11 years before that. Definitely prefer drafting lol

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I have been many things over the years. Sanitation researcher, combat engineer, spy (but don't tell anyone or I'll have to kill ya)

Currently I'm a Business Development Manager and Security Consultant for a security firm.

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Was at PayPal - Partnership Manager
Now unemployed was made redundant $$$$$ :grinning:

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Probably not enough. I have a huge gum tree out the front that is filled with annoying birds at the moment. The entire lawn is literally covered in gum nuts and sticks in a daily basis. Does this smother the grass?
Probably the shade from the tree killing the grass more than the debris from the tree. Do you know what type of grass it is

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Australian trees are great.

Gum trees grow to be huge, but they have very shallow roots so they can easily come down in a storm if the ground isn't stable.

Meanwhile eucalyptus trees are highly flammable and are responsible for most of the Californian wildfires thanks to us transplanting them over there.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Still not as bad as Canadian Maple though. Those things eat the foundation of your house and if you chop them down then their roots spread 10x as much as before.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
The tag under my username should pretty much spell out what I do for a job!!

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Great job. But it can be stressful as everyone who plays on the course is an expert and tells you how to do your job.
I used to play golf, half the reason I stopped playing is I got sick of those cranky old bastards who made out like they owned the course because they were members.